Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    HI THERE

I`m going to introduce myself. My name is Steve Moriarty. David Bynon suggested I check out the forum. I am very impressed with the quality of site and the people in it. I spend about 8 hours a week detailing my AC Cobra replica for shows/cruises, or after returning home from a weekend on the road course. I beleive this forum & Dave`s book will help me keep KERMIT [my Cobra] a show & go car for many years.

I have been videotaping aviation & automotive STUFF almost 30 years. I handled the video production work for the planes of Fame Air Museum for 26 years. I am presently in charge of video production & computer animation for a computer company in El Segundo, CA, but have a bigger production stgudio at my home in Pomona, CA. If any of your fine people in the LA area have trouble with photos, videos, etc give me a holler and I`ll see if we can`t fix the situation. I really never get tired of doing this kinda of work.

I also collect 1/18th scale die-cast cars [wife told me to stop for a few months after we hit 600 on display.]

Am attaching a phot of KERMIT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool ride! Those wheels (Cobra?) make it look really good.

What wax/sealant do you use to keep that beauty shining?

:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    I use Meguiar`s #7 Mirror Glaze, and if stains do show up [seldom] I use Meguiar`s #9. We [KERMIT & I] have won 20 trophies since May of 2001. I really found it almost as much fun detailing the Cobra out as it is driving [ALMOST]. When we do car shows people find it very hard to beleive that KERMIT is actually raced at Willow Springs, Gateway, and such because of the small amounts of rock chips in the paint. JEFF MILLER CUSTOMS in Temecula did the painting. KERMIT isn`t a daily driver put during the spring-summer-fall I usually put on anywhere form 250 to 400 miles a week on it when not racing.

The Cobra R wheels look really good on KERMIT but you should have seen them on any Cobra that was built [Cobra R Red]. It looked like some hooker was driving the car. The owner was trying to sell the car and couldn`t give it away until he took the wheels and tires off. Put some 15 Tires & Halibrands on it and it sold immediately. The 17 Cobra R tires and rims ended up in the shop, I thought they would look good on KERMIT and I, for once, was right. What was interesting was that we tried 15" Tires & Hailbrands on Kermit and it just didn`t look right.

By the way the color is 1997 Cadillac Polo Green

Post Thanks / Like
    Great car! Great pic!

Welcome to the forrm, and I hope to see you posting in the other forums

DK

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice....I have to say...I love the Cobra. Excelente!

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks for the kind comments on KERMIT. I am looking forward to posting on the other forums. Should I send out the introduction I posted here to those forums also?

We are getting ready to start another project but a few things have changed to make the choice up in the air. Wife wanted something witrh a roof so I got her all setup for a Ford GT-40 MK-I replica [with the blue/orange Gulf paint job used at LeMans] and a Daytona Coupe replica. Well she likes both, but really likes the GT-40. I think it is that she is only 5 ft 4 and the GT-40 is only roofline is only 40" off the deck. Now Ford is getting ready to produce there own production cars of the GT-40. There maybe a legal pfroblems that the kit manufacturers might run into since it was Ford product to begin with. If there is a probelm with the GT-40 then we will build the Daytona Coupe [my sons first choice anyhow, and decide on something else later. Wife has said three cars will be the limit [Hopefully it will be the AC COBRA, GT-40 MK1, and the Daytona Coupe.]

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome car!
    2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport -- Zaino

1999 MB C280 -- 1Z Glanz

Post Thanks / Like
    It`s a beauty!:xyxthumbs

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice work :up And now you must share all your secrets with us

Steven

Alfa 164

Post Thanks / Like
    WELCOME !!

Post Thanks / Like
    i want one. my dreamcar in fact. i want to build one someday, i`m only 20, when i get a place of my own and a garage. what engine is sitting in there?

Post Thanks / Like
    I road race KERMIT so we decided on a smallblock [Ford 302]. Put Yates racing heads on it, Cobra Intake, EFI, Roller Rockers, 75MM Mass Air, 75MM THrottle body. We had the engine dynoed last year at 415HP. KERMIT weighs in at 1894 LBs [without me in it.] O-60 time has been clocked at 3.68 seconds. Is being discussed as we speak about twin turbos or a Kenne Bell Supercharger for the 2003 season. I don`t know why I bothered putting seat belts on the passenger side, the pucker factor normally holds them to the seat.

Have two license frames: FOR THE STREET IS IS : IT AIN`T EASY BEING GREEN

FOR THE TRACK: THERE ARE NO ATHELISTS AT 163MPH. [When I see you guys I`ll tell you the story behind this frame]

Post Thanks / Like
    SWEET!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

I road race KERMIT so we decided on a smallblock [Ford 302]. Put Yates racing heads on it, Cobra Intake, EFI, Roller Rockers, 75MM Mass Air, 75MM THrottle body. We had the engine dynoed last year at 415HP. KERMIT weighs in at 1894 LBs [without me in it.] O-60 time has been clocked at 3.68 seconds. Is being discussed as we speak about twin turbos or a Kenne Bell Supercharger for the 2003 season. I don`t know why I bothered putting seat belts on the passenger side, the pucker factor normally holds them to the seat.
    Have two license frames: FOR THE STREET IS IS : IT AIN`T EASY BEING GREEN
    FOR THE TRACK: THERE ARE NO ATHELISTS AT 163MPH. [When I see you guys I`ll tell you the story behind this frame]</blockquote>

Post Thanks / Like
    cool. that`s the engine i was planning on putting in mine eventually. my bro has a 93 5.0, i plan on taking that car when it poops out to rebuild it.

but damn your car is nice and light.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information