Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    want the maximum shine first (hey, who wants to go through all that work for nothing?) then durability, followed by EOU. With all the different products and different application methods and shines, I`m flabbergasted at the differences. (Mainly between Zaino, Klasse and the new stuff, BlackFire) I`m about to purchase one of these "systems" after much study and lurking. My "general" assesement of each product is:

Zaino is the most labor-intensive product, as well as the most expensive. Almost nobody uses Carnuba over it. I guess it gives a

"brighter" shine which can`t be matched. I hear it`s great for most colors except blk. (Only because it gives blk cars a glossy "mirror" type shine and most blk car owner like a deeper, wetter carnuba "look".)

Klasse supposedly fits into that niche the Zaino leaves with blk cars, although it`s supposedly good for most colors. I hear it`s easier to use than the multiple-steps of Zaino, and most important is that you can use Carnuba over it to give it that extra-deep, wet Carnuba look. I guess the price is moderate and like Zaino, is a proven product with lot`s of supporters.

BlackFire is the new kid and supposedly was designed around ease-of-use. (By virtue of the previous post from product engineers stating this. They drastically cut down the cure time compared to the other products) They did admit the comprimise was in the shine dept compared to the other 2 products. Price is also moderate and some say they got a good shine from it, and some had slight problems.

So I guess Zaino is the shiniest and lasts long, Klasse is great for blk and BlackFire is the easiest to use. Since I have a blk german car I think Klasse may be the best product for my application. I would love to try Zaino but that pic of that Zaino`ed TransAm looks so bright it would blind me! Since I dote over the car so much durability is not as important, since I`m constantly applying something. For a blk car, is this a good choice in your experience?

check out my ML a couple posts down, I used klasse

Post Thanks / Like
    I think from my short term experience with Zaino that black is not a reason to use Klasse and Carnuba topper. If one preps ( which you must do for any surface protectant ) well and eliminate as many flaws ( swirl marks ) as possible and use Z5 to complete the swirl marks elimination by filling you can achieve a dark and deep appearing black finish. The Z5 seems to correct the distorted optics created by the swirls to give in return the same depthness as carnuba but with increased glossiness. I use the Zaino products because of the depth and evenness it gives to my car. With each additional coat the depth of the paint increases and also the blackness of the black improves. Check out my pic`s in thread "My Zaino`d black Z28 convertible"

After the initial prep Zaino is extremely easy to use. Apply very thin coat go have a beer or detail the wheels, interior, glass , etc and a hour later( if dry ) wipe off. It wipe off easily if dry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino is no different than the rest for ease of use.

I am confused why everyone thinks it is difficult. For any of the products above the prep work is identical:

Dawn wash, clay, swirl remove etc etc etc

With Klasse you use 1-3 coats of AIO than 1-5 coats of SG. Carnuba toppers are optional. All coats buffed prior to next after curing. No one coat of each is probably enough for protection but for looks most apply more.

With Zaino 1 coat of Z1 apply Z2, 3 or 5 then buff. Cure. Z6 then apply optional coats of either Z2, 3 or 5. Now with ZFX the Z1 step is emliminated and up to 3 coats per day can be applied.

I have used both above and they are not that much different. Except I think Z is easier to remove.

I have no experience with Blackfire so NO COMMENT.

I believe all offer the same in protection or so darn close who can tell the difference. If the look is important I say experiemnt with all three. Break that hood down into 3 panels and test them for us. I would be curious to see results of 6 months or so.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think what scares most people about Zainos use, is that on the website it states that if it is humid or cold it can take hours to dry, before buffing it off.

Quoted from zainobros.com

"Let Z-5 or Z-2 polish dry at least one hour. Please NOTE: Zaino Show Car Polish works best at 60 degrees or higher. However, it can be applied down to temperatures of 45 degrees. It just will take much, much longer to dry. As much as two to three hours drying time is required if the temperature is 50 degrees or below. Also, If the humidity is high. Longer drying time is necessary. Humidity is a killer on the drying time of Z-2 or Z-5. The moisture in the air hinders drying time up to four times longer than normal. Sorry, but I can`t help this."

But now with ZFX this has been reduced dramatically but costs an extra 20 dollars.

Zaino is an excellent product from what I hear, it just seems too time consuming considering I live in what could be the most humid state in the nation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I dunno, maybe it is the length of the directions.

Is there any USER of Z that finds it difficult to use?

Is there any USER of K that finds it difficult to use?

Post Thanks / Like
    The cost is not that much different, I don`t know why people have it in their minds that zaino is SOO much more expensive. Also, when you add in a carnuba to the KLASSE side, it really evens things out....and even gives the edge to zaino.

As far as work, again, they are about the same. Zaino takes a bit longer to dry than KLASSE, but in my experience it is easier to buff off. Again, we are splitting hairs. If you are going to use ZFX, then Zaino truely is fewer steps once the car is properly prepped. Also, ZFX really improves dry time. What used to take some people an hour now takes under 20 minutes with ZFX with dry time.

I would research them both, and use what you think will best fit your needs, time, and desires.

I look for shine, ease of use, and durability. I don`t look for durabity in it`s traditional sense of how long the car beads. I don`t really care if a products LASTS 6 months. What matters to me, is in the first 2-4 months, the amount of slickness, and gloss, that are retained from DAY one after the detail job.

Post Thanks / Like
    The only problem I have with Z is the fact that it is so easy to apply and wipe off that I want to layer it every day. With each layer the gratification is addicting.

Yes, addiction is a problem with Zaino

Post Thanks / Like
    after every wash and Z6, the car is basically prepped for more Z2. It is so tempting to spend another hour putting another coat on and buffing it off. That is why some people have 10-20-30 and 200 coats of Z on their cars!

Post Thanks / Like
    in!Zaino is so easy that it makes using normal waxes a big pain.I could put two or three extra coats of Zaino on in the amount of time it takes me to get wax out of the cracks.Also as DETAILKING points out after Z6 your preped for another coat.Good luck

Post Thanks / Like
    and the drying/curing times. Seems like a lot of products to use.

For the cars I have seen with Zaino, they all look amazing. I think Zaino users have an extra polish product/step though, like using 2 different polishes. Is this true? I know the Vette guys love Zaino!

Post Thanks / Like
    ZV I sugest you go to the Zaino website and read up on the tips and products. The directions are clearly written and are informative as well.

The new ZFX makes the Z1 Polish lock step kinda obsolete.

Post Thanks / Like
    ZFX may save Zaino, but without it is a royal PITA. You need multiple coats - but you can`t drive yoiur car while the suff is sitting there drying. I don`t have that much time nor am I willing to do that much work. T

As for ease of use, nothing, Zaino included, that I have tried, is easier than Pinnacle Souveran. wipes on very easily, buff it out with no waiting, buffs out easily too. Shine is easily as good as Zaino. But it is a carnauba - perhaps won`t last very long. I still use Meguiar`s Gold Class polymer blend - it DOES like to sit on the car for an hour before buffing, but one coat is enough, shine is as good as Zaino (see my test and see if you can tell the difference), and longevity is "reasonable." I apply it and buff it out with the orbital - pretty painless.

Can`t speak for Klasse which also gets good reviews - I just haven`t used it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it`s all the Z numbers with Zaino (Z1, Z2, Z3, Z5, Z6, ZXF), that is confusing. With Klasse, it`s easy for me to remember, 2 products, AIO which is applied first, it can be applied 1 to 3 times, then SG which can be applied 1-5 times. When I read the Zaino application notes on the website, it`s not as straightforward. Remember KISS, keep it simple stupid. Also, a rule in selling any product, if you give customers too many choices and options, many customers will walk away and choose the less complex, easier choice. That is why Klasse is so popular, anyone can follow the 2 step application. Maybe if Zaino gave them names, it would make more sense and easier to sort out which product to use and when to use it, instead of Z1, Z2, Z3, Z5, Z6 and ZXF.

Post Thanks / Like
    Can`t say I`ve used Klasse, Blackfire or Zaino, but I recently put a single coat of Meguiar`s #20 Polymer Sealant on both of our vehicles, and I was incredibly impressed.... still am. :up After two weeks, both cars still look like they`ve been dipped in butter. I quick wash is all it takes for them to shine right up again.... wheels too. I would like to give them a second coat, but I haven`t had time. It goes on like a regular wax.... let dry to a haze, and buff off. If you let the wax build up on the towels, it starts to leave residue on the finish, but that`s the only downside I see.

I`ll let everyone know about the longevity, but even after two weeks of 24/7 outside exposure, the Polysealant has already surpassed the Meguiar`s Gold Class wax I used previously. I am going to have the film developed this week, so I`ll post some photos of our Lancer as soon as I have them.

I`m using Meguiar`s right now mainly because I can afford the $20 for a bottle, while BF, K and Z are still a bit too much cash in one chunk. My priorities right now are: durability, shine, cost, and ease of use.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information