Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m thinking of the pack of Viper glass towels, viper detailing towels, and the miracle towel package from proper auto care. Or should I get big ones from sites like Yosteve.com? I need some for drying, removing polishes and waxes.
    2003 Apex Silver Lancer Evolution VIII

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Blackmirror:

I don`t know about the Viper towels but I know they are not mentioned too much except for dirtier jobs usually. Most people only trust the higher quality towels like MT`s from YoSteve or CMA (same towel, different price).

If you`re on a budget, get a Charisma from your local Ross or online at the discount outlet store for buffing off thicker things and get a bunch of MT`s for QDing, easy buffing and other stuff (you`ll find lots of uses for them).

Post Thanks / Like
    The Viper`s seem to work okay on glass. Nice to have one around (I have two).

I`d only use the yosteve/cma towels on the paint... both are great! Also take a look at the new large ones from topoftheline.com.

neatitems.com also has many, including a glass cloth and a suade MF (WHAT do you use this one anyway?).

Josiah

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the neatitems suede MF and I must say I am not very impressed. It would probably be good on windows but I would not recommend it very highly because it is a) not as soft as expected and b) just pushes dust around sometimes. I know Prinz loves these things but they are lost on me. I keep an MT folded in my door pocket for interior dusting.

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by puterbum [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>I have the neatitems suede MF and I must say I am not very impressed. It would probably be good on windows but I would not recommend it very highly because it is a) not as soft as expected and b) just pushes dust around sometimes. I know Prinz loves these things but they are lost on me. I keep an MT folded in my door pocket for interior dusting. [/b]</blockquote>
    The suede MF is best for final buffing and polishing, not for picking up dirt or absorbing water. Mine are really soft but there is no "pile" or "plushness" so it`s uses are different. They also are great wash cloths for the shower, once wet, they are really smooth and soft. If you don`t like using it on your car, wash it good and give it to your wife, GF or significant other

Post Thanks / Like
    Blackmirror your selection is a good start to being a MF junky like myself. You have to start somewhere.

I suggest you buy those you listed and try them out. Then every chance you get and money willing buy some from other vendors. There are hundreds of vendors online. Do a search and you would be amazed.

Eventually you will find the product for the price you like. Also the ones you do not like just mail to me for my collection.

I always use the poorer quality ones for door jams and cleaning my seats and stuff like that where I am unconcerned about scratches.

Post Thanks / Like
    Another good source that I don`t see listed above is www.tacscar.com

<em class=`bbc`>clic pic[/i]

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a bunch of Viper`s and use them often for almost anything. Now that I have the plusher MF`s though, I use them for jobs that I used to use terry shop towels for. But I have used them on paint, windows, interior etc with good results. Its just that once you work with the plusher/softer ones you get spoiled.

H

Post Thanks / Like
    The Viper branded mf towlels I believe you are referring to are named "Detailing Cloths" and are really used for (imho) for wax removal, door jambs, and other grungy jobs. Even though they aren`t as plush as the Magic Towels, they are still very safe for your paint.

The Magic Towel from CMA and the Ultimate (?) towel from Tacscar & YoSteve are very plush are are great for QD`ing, drying and other types of use. Keep these away from areas that might be greasy (like door hinges) and such. I use several Magic Towels to dry and then wring them out as well as I can and go over the interior with it.

The "Detailing Cloths," being cheaper are better used for dirty areas like the door jambs, underhood areas and such and if they get trashed, keep them around as shop towels for wiping off a sweaty brow!

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a ultrasuede Euroshine towel (as seen on tv) and it didn`t do much for my rougher vw dash, it didn`t even seem to move the dust at all. But it is so soft and suede, I now just use it to wipe my cd`s, seems to do a good job.

Post Thanks / Like
    <em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Josiah [/i]

neatitems.com also has many, including a glass cloth and a suade MF (WHAT do you use this one anyway?).

Actually, I use and like Neatitems suede MF towels. I only use them for cleaning glass and I never have to go back over an area that I "missed". Can`t imagine another use for them though

WH
    Bill Belichick for President - Romeo Crennel for Secretary of Defense!

1999 Mercedes Benz ML-320 (Mercedes price, Chrysler quality!)

2002 Subaru Impreza WRX (STi on order)

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out the big MF`s at www.topoftheline.com.
    They are 20" wide and 40" long. Their thick, plush and high quality. Light blue in color, 80/20 fabric mix.

TBone

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by TBone [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Check out the big MF`s at www.topoftheline.com.
    They are 20" wide and 40" long. Their thick, plush and high quality. Light blue in color, 80/20 fabric mix.

TBone [/b]</blockquote><strong class=`bbc`>And neatitems.com has 24" x 46" plush MF towels, I ordered 3 [/b]

Post Thanks / Like
    Uh Oh....Is this turning into a yours is bigger than mine thing ?

TBone

Post Thanks / Like
    YoSteve`s towels are the best deal going right now. His towels are great and his prices are unbeatable. Give him an email. Laters

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information