Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m going to do an overhaul on my detailing supplies. I`m going to order the "new" supplies by tomorrow. I maybe missing a few things, if so, please let me know. Please post your thoughts.

WASH:

Old - Kit Carnuba Car Wash from Kragen

New - Meguiar`s Gold Class Shampoo and Conditioner (1 gal) with Viking Chenille mitt from Autozone.

DRY:

Old - California Waterblade with The Absorber

New - California Waterblade with YoSteve Microfiber Towel

PREP:

Staying with Mother`s Clay Bar System

CLEANER/POLISH:

Old - Meguiar`s Swirl Remover and Prep

New - Blackfire Gloss Enhancing Polish with Viper Microfiber Applicator Pad. Use YoSteve Microfiber Towel to wipe off.

SEALANT/PROTECTION:

Old - Meguiar`s Gold Class Clear Coat CarWax

New - Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection with Viper Microfiber Applicator Pad. Use YoSteve Microfiber Towel to wipe off.

QUICK DETAILER:

Old - Meguiar`s Quick Detail

New - Meguiar`s Final Inspection #34 (1 gal)

Early Christmas gift for myself! :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like a good quality list of products with an eye towards value and a commitment to detailing. Going with the gallon jugs on the stuff you use all the time , that`s smart. The only thing you said that caused a tinge of concern is that part about using your wash mits until they break. Hmm dark green... Olivher I just don`t want to see you spend all of your labor and a lot of money then get scratchs from a bargain wash mit.

Look forward to hearing about your experience with Blackfire.

Post Thanks / Like
    Short Cut,

After reading your post, I realized you have a very good point. I edited my original post and will just buy the Viking Chenille mitt from Autozone. Others have said it`s about $3.00. Now, I just have to find an Autozone on my side of the Bay Area (SF side).

Thanks for the very smart tip!

Post Thanks / Like
    What`s your secret weapon for the windows?

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by olivher [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>Short Cut,
    Now, I just have to find an Autozone on my side of the Bay Area (SF side).

Thanks for the very smart tip! [/b]</blockquote>
    Good luck I went to the Autozone Website Locator and typed in SF and got 3 in Oakland and 2 in Richmond.

Post Thanks / Like
    DONT USE THE WAERBLADE AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!:bounce :bounce

Post Thanks / Like
    Be careful using that California Water Blade. I have seen the damage they can do, and have heard many horror stories. You could still use your Absorber. Lay it down and then pick it up on the car to get most of the water off, no wiping. Then follow up with a Microfiber or Cotton towel.

Water Bandits are also great, they are like an Absorber but only better. You can get one from Dale DeSteno at www.kleanride.com

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by RH [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>What`s your secret weapon for the windows? [/b]</blockquote>
    RH,
    Since all 3 cars have every window tinted (except the windshield), I`ve just been using any window cleaner that is ammonia free or safe for tinted films. I guess I should do more research on a good window tint cleaner.

Thanks for reminding me!

Post Thanks / Like
    Eagle One 20/20 works good on window tint. :up

Post Thanks / Like

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by Short Cut [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>

Good luck I went to the Autozone Website Locator and typed in SF and got 3 in Oakland and 2 in Richmond. [/b]</blockquote>
    Thanks for the locater. I called my local Kragen and they said they have 1 Viking Cotton Chenille Wash Mitt for $4.29. For that price, it sure beats paying toll on the bridge and going through traffic.

Post Thanks / Like
    i second the `absorber` keep.

i use it all the time. i even `pull` it across some surfaces and i`ve never had a problem with it with scratches on my black car.

and gallons sizes are the way to go. save yourself money in the long run (wish i had!)

good, solid list though. good luck.
    Clean 2013 X1

Post Thanks / Like
    <strong class=`bbc`>Does AutoZone. . .[/b]

carry the gallon size of Meguiar`s Gold Class car wash? I`m just a few miles away from the closest store, but over an hour away from the nearest Walmart.

Post Thanks / Like
    Add the Blackfire QD, it`s made to work with the Blackfire polish & protectant.:up
    Andre`

Post Thanks / Like
    Jose V.,

My local Autozone does not carry the Meguiars Wash in gallon sized. The only chain store that I know of that carries it in gallons is Target. Half gallons are $7.99, and a gallon is $9.99

Post Thanks / Like
    $10....love the FI gallon...good choice....be careful with the viking mitts at Autozone...there`s 2 kinds....1 has a blue wrist arap and lots of foam padding....the better one...has a white wrist thingy...and less foam and more chenille cotoon....they`re both good but the white one(wrist) is softer(IMHO)...i think they are the same price....check the label as the white wrist one is 100% ....let me tell ya about the CWBlade....i had it now for about 2-3 wks...got it for free with a bunch of other stuff i ordered.....was very nervous....im a waterBandit/absorber guy....so anyway....finally i try this thing...only on the windows... ....it is amazing....1 swipe and all the water is gone...streak free.....so last wk i got a little bolder....and used it on my bumpers.....it worked great....i could see...that if u try to get every millimeter of water off in 1 swipe to an area...or repested swiping to a mostly dry area...you could definitely mess up the paint...big time.....but if u make a nice easy swipe....i think it`ll be ok.....,but yes.... i am still a fraidy cat...:p to do the whole car...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information