Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I have always heard not to put wax over Zaino and I think the main reason is the next coats of Zaino will not work properly.My question is can I put Blitz over the Zaino without harming my paint?I wanted to do this just to see what it looks like and to se if it will take that brightness away in direct sunlight.

I am not planning to put any more Zaino on until next spring and will use the ABC system before I do.Even though my paint looks great in has a few places that I can feel small bumps so I know I need to clay.I also have minor swirls visable in direct sun so I plan on strippng everthing and starting over in the spring.Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes you can but you will be stoned to death by the Zaino zealots I would try it out once to see what it looks like. I can see why you wouldnt want to put it over, it makes putting subsequent (sp?) layers of zaino z-2 on without using dawn, and just makes things more complacated. I really like the look of blitz over klasse, but its up to your for the zaino.

Post Thanks / Like
    You kind of defeat the purpose of the system though. Zaino works as a system with it`s car wash and spray detailer, but putting carnuba in between will reduce the performace of the system as well as take away from the optically clear sealant layer that zaino affords. It`s up to you. I would put another coat of zaino on before I put a carnuba on, but it is your call.........

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi DK,

I know this has been beaten to death - searched the whole archive but there are hundreds of opinions regarding this topic - , but I have a question regarding Z6 and other QD`s. I remember you wrote sometime ago that Z6 would bond with Z2/Z5. Does it mean that Zaino users have no chance using any other `waxless` QD ?

I thought QD would be off with the next car wash.

Deckard

Post Thanks / Like
    alot of Zaino guys...including me use other Qd`ers....i use meguiars FI...but i think the Z6 is the best...its made to go with the Z system(helps with cross-linking/bonding of Z coats...thats said but not sure of proof...probably true though)...now...others might think this is a big ripoff(relating to the price of the Z6)....but to me...similar to BF(released after) Zaino...comes with its own Qd...maybe its $ driven or maybe it makes total sense since i would guess that 100% of the people here QD at at least 1 time a wk...so why not make a QD within each type of product.......so use what you want to...its coming off anyway(waxless) with the wash....IMHO...i use Z6 after a washing....and before/after any Z2/5 that i apply....but....for other things like after ive gotten some bird crap off(with ISA)..i finish it with FI....mostly due to i dont want to run outta Z6....i hate when that happens....

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand the system and by doing this I will be messing up the whole Z-6 thing.The purpose of this test for me is to take a little of the reflective quality out of the picture.My truck glows at night the shine could not be much better in low light...But during the day in direct sunlight the shine is so bright the paint just does`nt stand out.All you see is bright not green This is hard to explain but just looking for something different.If I deside to do this can`t I wash with dawn if I do not like it and continue with the Zaino process?Thanks for your help

Post Thanks / Like
    Zaino Z6 is the best QD-er to use with the zaino system. It works well with the polish and really adds slickness and gloss to your car. Used together with the car wash, it will actually extend the durability of the zaino polish. People have used other QD-ers with good luck, so if you wanted to try some others, I don`t personally recommend it, but it is ok. Just make sure they don`t contain any silicone oils or wax. I never heard of anyone not liking zaino Z6, its just that these people want to save money and buy gallon lots of stuff for 20 bucks or so. If cost is an issue to you, I would dillute Z6 with distilled water (50/50). Now I wouldn`t use this to remove dust, but it will work fine after washings. No matter if you are using another brand QD or dilluted Z6, I would use Z6 full strength as your QD`er just before applying additional coats of zaino. This will ensure you are getting the full 3D effect.

Todd.....I don`t know why you want to reduce the brightness of your truck, it sounds awesome!!! What exactly do you not like about the shine?

Post Thanks / Like
    the paint during full sun it just does`nt have the deep dark green look.At night in my garage lights the paint looks so deep and perfect that I want something close to that in the day time.I had Blitz on the truck before I put Zaino on and during the day the car still looked deep dark green.I really love the ease of the Zaino and I hate getting wax out of the cracks for two weeks after you apply wax.Do you apply Zaino top to bottom on the side panels I do and the hood and top look better.

Post Thanks / Like
    carnuba/oil look. Nothing wrong with that, but zaino is showing the true color of your paint. A carnuba/oil formulation will give it the optics of a DARKER, GREENER finish. It`s all in the oils.

There is nothing you can really do to change the look of zaino. If you prefer the look of carnuba on your green paint over the durabiliy, shine, and ease of use of zaino, then perhaps your only bet is to switch back. I would add another coat of z1 and Z2......and wait a few weeks, you never know you might start to like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    without the Z2. I have found that this will darken the color and give a more Carnuba look.

Post Thanks / Like
    Over about 2 months I have put 1xZ1,1xZ5,3xZ2 maybe I should put 1 more coat of Z1 and a couple of Z5 before I do the Blitz thing.I do like the way the Z goes on and comes off without all the resedue.

Post Thanks / Like
    nt

Post Thanks / Like
    Z5...then 4 Z2`s...the 2 more Z5`s then a Z2...i try to always put some Z5 about every 3 caots of Z2...to cover up my scratches i put in the Z

Post Thanks / Like
    Z5...then 4 Z2`s...the 2 more Z5`s then a Z2...i try to always put some Z5 about every 3 caots of Z2...to cover up my scratches i put in the Z

Post Thanks / Like
    I had the same problem after 7 coats of Z2/Z6. In the garage and at night the paint depth and glossiness were outstanding. But in direct sunlight the shine was there but the color appeared bleached. I bought some Z5 and "BAMM" - the carnuba-like day time shine and depth appeared. This was after only one coat of Z5. I think Sal should encourage people with dark colors to use the Z5 even if swirls marks are not a problem. It really adds character to dark colors. JMO

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information