Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    What process do you guys use when using a quick detailer spray? I have been using Eagle One`s product (can`t remember the name off hand..Wipe and Shine, i think??).

I`ve been spraying a small section of the car and then wiping it with a MF towel. Is this correct? I just want to make sure I`m doing it right. Do you use the same MF for the whole car? When is not a good idea to use the QD? I drive over 100 miles a day round trip to work and I try to wipe it down at the end of each day. Should I do it when I get to work as well? Will that make much difference?

In a nutshell, give me all the advice you can give me on using quick detail spray.

Oh yeah....I use Pinnacle Paint Cleansing Lotion and then the Klasse AIO and SG for my detailing. I use Eimann Fabrik Power Wash+ for my weekly washings.
    2002 VW GTI 337 Edition

"Saturday nights we get together behind the Dairy Twist and check out cars. Maybe you`d like to come?"

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the board!

I prefer the Meguir`s FI personally... from my personal, very beginner experience, what you`re using should work as well, just as long as it doesn`t contain any carnuba.

Good luck!

Post Thanks / Like
    For years I`ve used Meguiar`s Final Inspection to do exactly what you`re doing. Recently I switched to Eagle One Wet Wipe & Shine. I`ve found the E1 a little easier to work with but not provide the clear shine the FI does. I will go back to FI when my E1 is done.

If you like the results then stick with the E1. No need to worry.

With towels, just keep an eye on them to make sure they don`t spread dirt as you are cleaning the car. It`s prolly best to have two towels on hand, maybe three, just to stay as clean as possible.

I used to QD my car two or three times a day. Not only was it time consuming but I found some of the gloss wearing off. The product has a mild liquid polish in it and you are wiping and wiping. Eventually you`ll wipe off any protectant you applied to the paint. Don`t forget the QD products are designed to maintain the gloss between wash and wax, not replace the wash and wax process.

Sounds like you`re doing fine, though. When you get to the point where you get out of your car at stoplights to wipe down your wheels, let me know. I have a buddy you should meet.
    There are only three things you need to know about me. Gloss, Gloss, GLOSS!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Derrick welcome on board! Usually I spray the QD on the towel to avoid overspraying the windows and such. I fold up the applicator towel several times then spray a large folded section of the towel until it is damp. When I wipe I kinda roll the towel instead of dragging it. This continually changes the contact part of the towel to a dirt free area. Then I use a seperate towel to lightly buff off the remaining liquid. As the applicator towel picks up dust I keep refolding it until all of the clean surfaces have been used.

I like Meguiar`s Final Inspection and their retail offering called oringinally enough "Quik Detailer". The FI might work slightly better but the marroon bottle retail QD smells terific and the spray bottle produces a very fine mist. I`ve also used Mother`s QD and it was just ok.

If you have a good wax or sealant on the paint you should be able to forego the QD at work IMO.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have a similar situation...i drive about 2-300 miles a day...so i always Qd every nite when i get home....i use Z6 mostly but the FI when the Z gets low...i like it too....just remember with that many miles a day(100+)...i always Qd the whole car but i do all the upper panels(to the middle of the doors) with 1 MF...then i go around and do all the bottoms with a different MF(way more dirt)...the only other thing i do is get all the really obvious dirt by the wheel wells etc..off with a really good terry before i go near the rest of it...dont wanna be spreading that crap around your paint.....

Post Thanks / Like
    Using a Calif. Car Duster prior to QDing will reduce your chances of creating swirls when buffing off the QD.

Post Thanks / Like
    i forgot that part....i use that stupid thing so much i guess its like second nature now....unfortunately...

Post Thanks / Like
    How safe is it to use QD? I mean, if there is a little grain of dirt on the car, and then I wipe the car down with the QD and a MF, won`t the piece of dirt get dragged around with my towel and scratch the paint?

This is something I`ve never understood
    2002 VW GTI 337 Edition

"Saturday nights we get together behind the Dairy Twist and check out cars. Maybe you`d like to come?"

Post Thanks / Like
    that we probably all think about as you QD....but i think the fact that we use Mf`s which should draw alot of the dirt down deep into the fibers(if its clean)...and not rubbing with too much elbow grease......the main thing i do is to when in doubt...wash the car...i mean if there`s that much dirt...its gotta be washed....but i always get some dirt on the MF....even just after you wash/dry your car...then Qd....then apply wax..etc...the wax applicator is always dirty by the time you finish with it...but what can u do.....just try to do the lower half of the car last.....thats where all the crap is...there and usually the front grill/bumper...IMHO....also be sure to try to turn the Mf alot while you QD...... try to wipe with 1 side...then really buff with the other....or do what i used to...use 2-3 Mf`s to Qd the car

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by derrickm [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>How safe is it to use QD? I mean, if there is a little grain of dirt on the car, and then I wipe the car down with the QD and a MF, won`t the piece of dirt get dragged around with my towel and scratch the paint?

This is something I`ve never understood [/b]</blockquote>
    Derrick I think that my above mentioned technique addresses your concern. The part of the towel that wipes off the dust should be constantly renewed. Rolling the towel rather than dragging it keeps the contact area relatively free from dirt.

If you have to rub at an area to get it clean then imo you should wash rather than QD. Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the advice everyone. I`m sure I`ll be posting a lot on this board in the future.

I`ve been bitten by the detailing bug!!
    2002 VW GTI 337 Edition

Post Thanks / Like
    could u go into that rolling thing a little more(im slow buddy.. )...it sound good...i know what u said about folding...thats cool...i do that...but im trying to understand that rolling part....thx buddyy....

derrik...its contagious right...and the only tx is too spend all your $ on stuff....so that as soon as you use a little...something else catches your eye and you want that.....thats why we all have like millions of half bottles of everything..

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by FLONI [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>could u go into that rolling thing a little more(im slow buddy.. )...it sound good...i know what u said about folding...thats cool...i do that...but im trying to understand that rolling part....thx buddyy....[/b]</blockquote>
    No problem I thought maybe that I wasn`t being clear enough. It sure is a lot easier for me to talk with my hands. What I try to accomplish is to start wipeing the dust from the top of a folded section of towel and finish the wipe at the bottom of the fold. To make it easier after I`ve folded the towel and sprayed a section with QD I roll it up like a presto log so that the top of a folded area and the bottom of a folded area come together. Then if I am wipeing from left to right I will start at the top edge of the folded seam on my log then as I move it across the paint to the right I rotate the towel log counter clockwise. I will continue rolling as I wipe until the towel log has gone 360 degrees back to the seam. Then that section of towel is used up and I refold to a fresh section.

I use a seperate towel to lightly buff off the QD.

You can still do this technique without rolling the towel up like a log. It`s just a matter rotating or making a rolling movement with your hand as you wipe. This keeps the point of contact cleaner than it would be by just putting down a folded towel and dragging it accross the surface.

Hope that makes sense.

Post Thanks / Like
    good technique buddy...anything that lessesns dirt on paint is awesome...thx...:up

Post Thanks / Like
    Using a Calif. Car Duster prior to QDing will reduce your chances of creating swirls when buffing off the QD.

Can someone verify this? thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information