Post Thanks / Like
    HI....I`M NEW TO THE SITE AND HAVE MOSTLY USED MEGUIARS/LEXOL PRODUCTS ON MY MAXIMA TIL NOW....I HAD A TOUGH SCUFF MARK ON MY DRIVERS DOORWELL AND THE XENIT INFO I GOT FROM YOUR FORUMS WAS GREAT.....BUT I THINK I PUT A LITTLE TOO MUCH POWER INTO IT THE 3RD TIME I TRIED TO GET OFF THE SCUFF....IT CAME OFF.......BUT IT LEFT A SLIGHT TEAR IN THE VINYL.....I REALLY JUST WANT TO KNOW HOW TO GET IT TOO WHERE IT WONT GET WORSE.....IT HAS A VERY TINY PIECE STILL HANGING ON THERE AND I`M NOT SURE IF I SHOULD PEEL IT OFF OR WHAT????

Post Thanks / Like
    FLONI,

Welcome aboard!

If there`s actually a tear in the vinyl, you might want to check the Yellow Pages . . . there are companies that will do this kind of repair to automotive vinyl. The only time I`ve had to use one was about five year ago for a cut in the dash vinyl on my old Laser; the results were excellent, and I don`t recall it being prohibitively expensive (less than $50, IIRC). This would not only stop any further damage, but should make the tear almost invisible.

Also, I believe you can buy vinyl repair kits at most X-Mart type stores (Target, Walmart, K-mart, etc.) and at some auto parts stores. The ones I`ve seen use a "liquid vinyl" filler and dyes to match for the repair . . . personally, I`d stick with a professional repair if you`re at all concerned about how visible it may be; but, then again, I`ve been infected by the anal-retentive/obsessive-compulsive disease that comes with reading this forum everyday.

Other posters might be able to comment on how well/poorly the do-it-yourself repair might work in your situation . . .

Tort

P.S. You might want to turn the caps lock off for future messages. In general, all-caps is used to indicate "shouting" in Usenet and on forums like this one. Not a flame, just FYI . . .

Post Thanks / Like
    thx budy i appreciate it....i`m going with the pro.....it`s a very small tear.....i`ll try to keep the shouting down with the caps...lol....

Thread Information