Thread: Steam Cleaners

Post Thanks / Like
    I am considering getting a steam cleaner to do the interior but I want to know who makes the best one or will one of those small Bissel steam cleaners do the job nicely.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was looking around for one as well. Almost got the little Bissell but my mom offered to get a carpet cleaner that I could use if I cleaned her rugs. Got the Hoover Steam Vac spinscrub upright. It has an upholstery attachment that works really well for doing car interiors. If you need to haul it around then it wouldn’t be practical, but if it’s going to stay put you can do some house detailing too. Does an incredible job on the carpets BTW

Post Thanks / Like
    i thought the same thing about the little green stem machine from bissell. i bought about three years ago so i would be able to steam clean or deep clean my customers interiors. let me tell you from experience - IT"S NOT VERY GOOD! if you`re gonna spend your money find a better one. i`ve never bothered to look for another one since.:down

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the little green steam machine from bissel and have had no problems with it. I do use a good quality upholstery shampoo from AutoMagic in it. I give the interior carpeting a through vacuuming, then I "play drums" on the carpet, which brings up more dirt, sand, etc. I vacuum once again, spray a solution of shampoo onto the carpeting, agitate with a brush then use the bissel to suck the dirt out. For cloth upholstery I use the same solution. The interiors come out clean! I keep a sample of the used sotion from the tank to show the customer what was in the carpet and upholstery..they are amazed at what was in there!

Post Thanks / Like
    If it (Bissell SM) gives you the results you are looking for it is well worth it. A "professional" carpet steamer/extractor like one I bought from Mytee will set you back more than 8X`s what the Bissell SM costs !
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Can I get some information on the professional models?

Post Thanks / Like
    www.topoftheline.com

carries these extractors.

Too rich for my blood

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    I purchased the Mytee-Lite from www.rightlook.com and it was approximately the same price that Top of the Line offers it. It heats up very quickly and has more than adequate suction to remove stains. It is quite powerful, however it will not work any miracles, and I have found that some carpet mats are beyond a simple deep cleaning. I have purchased products from both of these companies and found them to be quite professional and responsive to inquiries. I would also keep my eye on ebay for a good buy on a used one if you don`t mind taking a chance on one
    without a warranty. I have purchased a number of tools this way with excellent results.

Good Luck!
    No buff to tuff

Post Thanks / Like
    I will take a look at both sites

Thread Information