Post Thanks / Like
    I was reading a few FAQ`s here and there on treating rubber seals to keep them pliable, which seems like a good idea. I also have a problem with my convertible in that the windows will squeak against the seals if they are not lubed in some minor way (door openings are the weakest area so the doors move a little against the seals on larger bumps).

So, I found "Zymol Seal" as a rec product. But after reading the ingrediants, it looks like I`m paying $17 for a bottle of glycerin. So, economical piller that I am, why not just buy a bottle of Glycerin and applyy it lightly to the seal.

Opinions ?

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried the Glycerin option but didn`t like the residue it left behind. It attracted dirt wildly.

What has been the best squeak remover for me (The Boxster window seal to the hardtop) is Talcum. Yes, Talcum. I`ve since found out it is even recommended by Porsche. You can get it at any pharmacy for $2.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    I bought a bottle 5 years ago and its still half full. I have lent that same bottle to a few other users too. That little bottle is going to last a long time.

I feel the stuff does what is claims to. It does soften up old seals. I use it on all my cars about 1X per year. I have never seen another product quite like it.

Downside: Like Brad said, it does leave residue and can cause problems if you don`t wipe it down thoroughly after application. I brushed against the door seal when I was wearing a new white shirt and on my way to work. It is kind of messy if you aren`t careful.

Has anyone else seen another glycerin-based product like SEAL?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tried many products on my old mr2 to keep the rubber seals nice and pliable so the t-tops wouldnt leak. The best I ever used was a chemical named Parteze by Kano Laboratories. In fact, they have an AWESOME assortment of chemicals for automotive and industrial use. Parteze is actually a mold release formula but works wonders. You guys should really try it out! http://www.kanolabs.com/

Post Thanks / Like
    Not so sure I want to use silicone around my paint.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, you are right, pure silicone. Worked GREAT on my large rubber t-top seals, but may not be the best solution for small rubber trim areas. But, it is by far the best rubber rejuvenator I have used (and I have tried a lot!)

Thread Information