Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like
    I am about to put on the third coat of KSG and would like to try a carnuba topper. I was going to go with Blitz but I keep reading about it changing the color of the car.

My car is Satin Silver and I happen to like it. Are there any other recommendations for waxes that will last as long as Blitz and produce the same results? Do I have to make a trade-off and use a product like PPG and just wax more often?

The expert advise on this board has been terrific!
    2001 Satin Sliver Acura CL

Post Thanks / Like
    I used Blitz on both my silver cars and did not notice any change in color. All this "tint change" due to wax color is true but is based on some pretty minute scientific theory. (The wax has a color therefore it transfers that color to the surface you are rubbing it on.) But keep in mind that the color you see is by looking into a 3 inch thick tin of it. If you layer enough wax on your car to build up 3 inches then you will likely see a significant color change. Not likely in the real world! One in a thousand people could ever see the difference.

In short, there is truth to this claim but don`t let that stop you.
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Office Box 9 Newbury, OH 44065 AIM:YoSteveDotCom
    Post Thanks / Like
    my satin silver passat looks way different after i`ve klassed and blitzed it, it looks shinier!

try it and see if you like it or not, I personally haven`t noticed a color change, but some trusted veteran detailers here have, and so I come to the conclusion that it`s different for everybody. Course maybe the shine is burning your retinas a bit and so it appears darker (I have younger eyes then some of the veteran Klassers )
    Pay Attention Klasse!

2000 Satin Silver Passat GLX

Wash This Way

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Compulady, a reasonably priced paste wax that I have used with great results is 3M Showcar Paste Wax. I take all marketing claims with a grain of salt however, among other things claimed by this wax is that it helps to prevent dust buildup and that claim appears to be true on my black car. It goes on best for me with a terry applicator, very smooth on and easy to remove too. This wax appears to me to give a deeper polished look than other waxes I`ve used. :up

I made a special trip to buy some Blitz to try and the dealer was all out. I have heard good reports about Blitz but I also heard that it seems to attract dust.

Post Thanks / Like
    I top off the SG with Pinnacle Souveran and love the results. I hear great things about Blitz on this site but have not tried it yet. I can`t imagine that any wax is easirer to apply than Pinnacle, it`s great stuff, pricy though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Brad is right on. Top it off with Blitz. You will love the results.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used both Blitz and 3M and they both work great. The Blitz will last you longer than the 3M though. The trick with blitz is to keep it away from black rubber so it doesn`t stain it white. I personally use masking tape on my black rubber fender flares to keep me from slipping and getting it on there. You will not se a color change when using either of these.
    :getdown

01 ford ranger xlt

05 ktm 300 exc

Post Thanks / Like
    The whole wax "tinting" issue seems to come from diehards who only use sealants on their paint finishes, as it gives them a way to "beef up" the credibility of their products. I agree with Brad that there is little proof on this tinting issue and you should not let it stop you from using a quality wax. Blitz is an awesome wax and I swear by it for my daily driver.

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Shurhold Boat & RV Products Now At ProperAutoCare

We are proud to now carry Shurhold products here at ProperAutoCare, ProperBoatCare and ProperRVCare.

Shurhold Industries began as a small, one-man operation based out of a garage in Port St. Lucie, Florida. It was started on July 1, 1973 by William E. Peach, who self-admittedly had no knowledge about the design or manufacturing of such tools. The company moved to a 1,000-square-foot space in the B & A Industrial Park in Stuart, Florida in August 1974, and moved twice more until the current 10,000-square-foot facility became Shurhold?s permanent base in 1994. Shurhold was bought by Barry Berhoff in 1993 and has since transformed into the international company it is today.
    Since its beginning in the garage plant, Shurhold Industries has designed and manufactured the most innovative speciality care and accessory products available for the marine, RV and auto industries. As the original creator of the ?One Handle Does It All? design, Shurhold continues to maintain the highest standard of quality and service.

Innovative designs, combined with top quality materials, and meticulous workmanship make each and every Shurhold product a premium item. Customers worldwide search out and use Shurhold products in the care and maintenance of their most precious possessions.

We?ve all seen that new boat owner walking down the dock with his arms full of equipment to keep his boat looking brand new. Or that neighbor two doors down who dedicates half his garage to cleaning equipment for his 1964 Stingray and 50-foot motorhome. These people have a separate tool for each procedure, meaning more time to constantly change tools and finding somewhere to put them all.

Shurhold understands the value of taking care of your investments, and are dedicated to producing the best in custom care cleaning tools, but they also believe less is more. Wouldn?t it make sense to just have ONE handle with separate attachments? Wouldn?t that save storage room and make organizing a breeze? Well, that?s why the SHUR-LOK ?One Handle Does It All!? system was born. This exclusive system allows you to snap over 40 different accessory heads to the same handle, saving time, space and money.

And Check This Out!!!!!!!
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    The quality of their tools are the best I have ever seen. The lock handle system is amazing, they are more like surgical pieces then brooms and brushes. In fact it was the quality of these that made Jack and I take a second look at these during SEMA. Bravo for bringing them in!

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes indeed, I got my eye on this baby..... :spy:

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom mazda5 View Post
    Yes indeed, I got my eye on this baby..... :spy:
    That thing looks familiar :wink:

What are the specs Angelo :toetap05:

Post Thanks / Like
    Flash, here`s the data sheet I got from PAC`s site.

SPECIFICATIONS

Electrical Specs
    Rated Voltage: 120V AC
    Frequency: 60Hz
    Rated Current: 4.2 Amp
    Rated Power: 500 Watt

Mechanical Specs
    Variable Speed: 2,500-6,500 OPM
    Backing Plate: 125 - 150mm ( 5" - 6" )
    Pad size: 140 -150mm (5.5" - 6")
    Net Weight: 2.2kgs (4.8Lbs)
    Power Cord: 20feet w/ GFCI

Speed Chart
    6-Speed Orbits Per Minute (OPM) Settings: Recommended speeds are as follows:
    1 : 2500 OPM Waxing & Buffing
    2 : 3200 OPM Waxing & Buffing
    3 : 3900 OPM Polishing & Cleaning
    4 : 4600 OPM Polishing & Cleaning
    5 : 5500 OPM Removing paint defects and Swirls
    6 : 6500 OPM Removing paint defects and Swirls
    Here`s the linky.
    Still learning....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by TimG View Post
    Flash, here`s the data sheet I got from PAC`s site.

Here`s the linky.
    Thanks Tim. Looks like a impresive machine :driving:

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it does, still have to try it out soon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information