Post Thanks / Like
    I admit that yours truly stops detailing/washing his cars outside of his home when the temps drop below 50 degrees and the temps in Chicago can get outrageously cold (the lowest on record with wind chill was a limb numbing 83 degrees below 0). If I could find a friend with a business that would let me have space to do it, I would detail my car all year `round.

My question is how you guys store your materials over the winter so that they will not get wrecked by the extremes in temperatures.

Post Thanks / Like
    See, there`s another reason to live in Florida !!!

Post Thanks / Like
    <blockquote class=`ipsBlockquote` >

<em class=`bbc`>Originally posted by jimwh [/i]
    <strong class=`bbc`>See, there`s another reason to live in Florida !!! [/b]</blockquote>
    True, but we didn`t have to worry about visitors named Allison, Barry, and Chantal.

Post Thanks / Like
    My stuff is stored in bins that I simply pull out and keep in the basement come winter.
    http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?...471&p=52453963[/IMG]
    The Stable
    2017 Audi TTS
    2014 Porsche Carrera S
    2017 Porsche Macan GTS
    1996 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post Thanks / Like
    All my products are kept on metal shelves in a enclosed back porch.

Post Thanks / Like
    I keep my detailing stuff in a closet inside the house. My mom is going to make me move the stuff so she can put linens in there. I will move them down to the den/study room. I recently purchased one of those 10 gallon rubbermaid totes from K-mart to keep my travel kit in there (around $4). It holds a 33 oz. bottle of Klasse AIO and 17 oz. bottle of Klasse SG. One Grand Show Off 16 oz. 1/2 gallon of car shampoo. A chenille wash pad. A can of Blitz, Souveran, and #26. A bottle of Febreze, and a bottle of Vinylex in one of those ketchup squirt bottles along with other brushes and tools needed to take care of my detialing needs (2 cotton towels, foam applicator pads, etc)

Sorry for going off on a tangent like this, but I keep my stuff in the house at a cozy 69 degrees F during those horrible NYC winters. Also I save boxes from car care shipments to sned out some samples and store some products I seldom use but good to have/refill (Meguiars #7, Gallon of CLear Vision, Gallon of Gold Class, 3L Vinylex, etc.)

Hope this helps

Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    I found my clear storage containers at Walmart.They are stackable containers that are about 12" tall.The perfect height for all my detailing products.I have them stacked in the laundry room beside my washing machine.Later JB

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Please Remember The Forum Rules

Has everyone got a chance to read the rules here?

ProperAutoCare.com is proud to present a comfortable, easy to use home dedicated to the advancement of truth in detailing products, techniques, and candid information.:clap:

This is a place of education for everyone from the weekend auto enthusiast to the most discriminating professional.:clap:
    Mis-truths and dubious marketing techniques should be left at the door.

If you wish to make posts to this board, you must first register as a member.
    Click on the ?Register? link to the upper left. After filling out the required data, a verification e-mail will be sent to the address you indicated.
    Click on the link within the e-mail to activate your account and become a valid member. Please see below for further details on registration.

We encourage your active participation in this community.:clap:
    A community is made better by the interaction of all it`s members.:clap:

We welcome the open discussion of any product line,:clap: although most conversations will tend to highlight particular brands manufactured or carried by ProperAutoCare.com
    This community is not a place for shilling, drama, or personal attacks.
    We have a ZERO tolerance for this. Forum abusers will be deleted.:StarWars:
    If you do not agree with the above rules, please do not register for this forum.

Please make your and our member`s stay an enjoyable one! :clap:

Remember we welcome everyone who wants to talk about detailing and about other products also, so if you know some folks out there looking for a place like ours, please invited them over here at Truth In Detailing and be part of the greatest place to be....:thumbup:
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Great post!

I noticed the name of the website and wondered if there was a mission statement [pertaining to the truth in detaiing] when I joined...

Regardless, thanks for having me.

Post Thanks / Like
    All the Great New Folks looking to join us on TID, please take a moment to look at the Forum Rules Da Rules!. We welcome new folks who are interested in detailing and learning to maintain that shine for their vehicle.

Post Thanks / Like
    Remember to stop by the forum rules everyone who hasn`t yet.

Thread Information