Post Thanks / Like

Hats off to Kurt!! (Esoteric)

So big hats off to Kurt from Esoteric for his new blog. I know I have read, and learned alot from many of Kurt`s writings from his product usage. I look forward to reading more.
    I respect and learn from everyone that take the time to explore products and give unbiased takes and spread what they discovered. In that take, hats off to the entire roster of everyone on these forums as well.
    Likes Coatings=crack, PoisonTheWell liked this post
    Thanks 981 Cayman S thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Hats off to Kurt!! (Esoteric)

Link?

Post Thanks / Like

Um...should I know Kurt?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Um...should I know Kurt?
    BudgetPlan1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes 981 Cayman S, PoisonTheWell liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I do not think the link to Kurt`s blog can "legally" be posted, since Esoteric sells detailing products that compete with Palm Beach Motoring Group, the owner and overseer of this forum, but I am sure you can find it with a Google Search.

If we wanted to know more about Kurt, maybe Autopia Forum member Cayman 981 S (formerly going by the forum name of BudgetPlan1 and still a Autopian All-Star in my humble opinion!), who works there (or at least did; don`t know if he still does), can tell us something more about this person. I do see he clicked "Like" for the above No.1 (AKA first) thread post....
    OR am I to assume that Kurt IS the Cayman 981 S??? (Jeese, Captain Obvious, maybe what is obvious isn`t so obvious to "some Autopians". We may need to strip you of your nickname. Just sayin`!...)
    GB detailer
    Likes 981 Cayman S, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    If we wanted to know more about Kurt, maybe Autopia Forum member Cayman 981 S (and Autopian All-Star in my humble opinion!), who works there (or at least did; don`t know if he still does), can tell us something more about this person.
    981 Cayman (formerly BudgetPlan1) = Kurt

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

You know BudgetPlan1, I mean 981 Cayman S, I mean Kurt (quit laughing!), maybe you can cut-and-paste parts of your blog into this forum. God knows we Autopians wouldn`t mind, but the Forum Admins (and Palm Beach Motoring Group) might see this posted information "differently", as would your employer, Esoteric, as a "conflict of interest".
    Guess we will just have to check out your blog over at Esoteric.
    Thanks for checking in, though!! Really miss your posts here in this forum on your detailing exploits and such with and to your Cayman 981 and other half`s Corvette.

Speaking of 981 Cayman, do you know any story or information about how Porsche came to name the 981 as "Cayman"? I think the name is some type of reptilian crocodile from the Amazon River in South America. Just curious...
    Hey, it IS winter here in the Upper Midwest and like there is nothing better to do or talk about in Green Bay, Wisconsin now that the Packer football team is out of the Super Bowl playoffs. Might be able to FINALLY wash a vehicle outside with the return of El Nino winter warmth after a prolonged Polar Vortex outbreak. My cars are wearing their winter-white road salt coating, as is practically everybody else`s. Talk about all looking the same "color"....winter beaters to Cadillac Escalades; no one is exempt.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Speaking of 981 Cayman, do you know any story or information about how Porsche came to name the 981 as "Cayman"? I think the name is some type of reptilian crocodile from the Amazon River in South America. Just curious...
    Hey, it IS winter here in the Upper Midwest and like there is nothing better to do or talk about in Green Bay, Wisconsin now that the Packer football team is out of the Super Bowl playoffs. Might be able to FINALLY wash a vehicle outside with the return of El Nino winter warmth after a prolonged Polar Vortex outbreak. My cars are wearing their winter-white road salt coating, as is practically everybody else`s. Talk about all looking the same "color"....winter beaters to Cadillac Escalades; no one is exempt.
    From Porsche themselves: Explore the history of Porsche model names

Cayman

The Cayman boasts a name with real bite – its snappy title derives from the crocodile-like South American caiman. Powerful yet agile, when it launched in 2006 it joined the Boxster and 911 as another stand-out sportscar in the Porsche range. It now sits with the former of those two models under the 718 umbrella.
    Glad you asked, was kinda curious myself! Knew it was named after the reptile (or mammal) but never looked into it.

Post Thanks / Like

And here all along I thought it was because people who could afford them had accounts in the Cayman Islands...oh well.
    Likes Coatings=crack, LT4 liked this post

Thread Information