Post Thanks / Like

FINALLY - Looking into Ceramic Coatings!

Phil Miranda (from Miranda Detailing - YouTube) put out a video on GTECHNIQ C1 ceramic coating. His demonstration made the process look so insanely easy, that it convinced me I need to try. Of course it is January and snowing + no heat in the garage, so I figure I have until April to deeply research everything.

I called GTECHNIQ and spoke with one of the Reps, who stated that the C1 was primarily designed for single-stage / gel-coat paints and I should use Crystal Serum Light instead, The rep also said to look up CSL on YouTube and watch everything I can about it so everything is clear to me come April and I have a successful experience.

So I started watching videos, and saw that most of the people who were using CSL, were also topping it with another GTECHNIQ coating, saying that CSL is a "sheeter" not a "beader" type coating??

One of Phil`s videos was a maintenance wash of a C1 coated vehicle, and it was STILL beading insanely after a year, but I have yet to see a video of CSL after a year (or even several months) to show its hydrophobic properties over time.

I have corresponded with Phil several times (text and telephone), and he is very helpful, but I think I will have to call him again to help clarify C1 or CSL.

The point behind this post is that there are quite a few people here who are much more experienced with ceramic coating that I am and I wanted a general consensus of what my next move should be.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Re: FINALLY - Looking into Ceramic Coatings!

this experience comes with the disclaimer that I am an amateur and not a professional detailer.

I used to use CSL/exo combo. it`s pretty good and lasts a few years. It`s a lot of work though, to apply 3 coats and not super easy to buff off. It has also gotten expensive.

I tried gyeon pure and it`s much easier to apply and has lasted longer for me. Cheaper too.
    Thanks Don thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Why not reach out to one of the Meg`s reps and ask for a 8888 kit to evaluate.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Why not reach out to one of the Meg`s reps and ask for a 8888 kit to evaluate.
    That`s really a great idea!

Post Thanks / Like

The go-to consumer coating is Carpro CQuartz UK V3

Having used it on multiple vehicles - I can attest to it be an easy coating to apply (both in wipe off and spotting of high spots) - I`ve actually had good luck applying outside on non-humid cloudy day.

My cars are due for a re-application of a coating - but I may go with the newer DQuartz Go

You also have the option of the light coating - Gyeon CanCoat EVO is a good option - goes on just like your sealant - but offers protection levels that are much better than sealants but not true coating levels - a great option for those that like to "touch" their cars more frequently, but want top tier protection.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by grovlet View Post
    The go-to consumer coating is Carpro CQuartz UK V3

Having used it on multiple vehicles - I can attest to it be an easy coating to apply (both in wipe off and spotting of high spots) - I`ve actually had good luck applying outside on non-humid cloudy day.

My cars are due for a re-application of a coating - but I may go with the newer DQuartz Go

You also have the option of the light coating - Gyeon CanCoat EVO is a good option - goes on just like your sealant - but offers protection levels that are much better than sealants but not true coating levels - a great option for those that like to "touch" their cars more frequently, but want top tier protection.
    Yeah I’d pass on the Gtechniq. For ease of use I would also recommend CqUk3 or Gyeon Mohs Evo. CSL is dated and these newer coatings are much easier. I’m thinking CarPro Dquartz next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information