Post Thanks / Like

Applying Klasse Sealant Glaze SG With Machine

I`ve used Klasse for well over 20 years. And that`s how long my bottle has lasted and it`s over half full. Always applied the SG with pad by hand in linear strokes. (Yep, been a member of the Anal Car Detailer Club for a while.) Was in a hurry last weekend and I first did AIO with a medium cut pad and DA polisher removed with microfiber bonnet. Then said what the heck, got out the polishing pad and just kept applying lots of SG. So maybe I used twice as much product with the polisher. Lots of light haze and swirl marks, as to be expected but I knew I got good coverage and that it was rubbed good into the finish to combine with the protectant the AIO left. Let it cure for a half hour (although unless layering, the necessity for long curing is debatable) then got out another microfiber bonnet and my Sonus spray and took the haze off with ease, no swirl marks and could feel that nice glass-like SG feel like always. There may be a few small light haze areas I missed, probably, but I always cracked up reading the stories of how hard it is to get SG off if you don`t apply it super thin. Ya it can require some elbow grease but not with a polisher and especially not with a bit of Sonus spray. And if I missed a few spots, which is easy to do if not having the perfect lighting, big deal, I`m not on my way to a car show. The dirt on the finish while washing later will easily take any remaining haze away.

I guess my point is, I think pad application may be a wee bit overrated except that it`s more sparing on product usage which is so minimal to begin with, so big deal.

I know I`m now in the minority but has anyone gone with a machine on SG application and decided to go back to hand application later?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Applying Klasse Sealant Glaze SG With Machine

Yeah, I went back to by-hand as I use far less KSG that way. I too am still using a jug that I bought over 30 years ago, and I never apply it so thick that it`s readily visible on the paint. No way I can use that little by machine and using more makes for more work buffing it off, which adds up since I use many layers.

Thread Information