Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Is Detailed Image Dropping P&S and 3D?

Detailed Image is marking down 3D and P&S items by approx 40% and are out of many items. Does this mean they are clearing out of those brands or the sale went better than they planned and were not adequately stocked up? I hope they are not dropping them, I ordered several items and would hate to lose out on those discounted prices.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is Detailed Image Dropping P&S and 3D?

Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Detailed Image is marking down 3D and P&S items by approx 40% and are out of many items. Does this mean they are clearing out of those brands or the sale went better than they planned and were not adequately stocked up? I hope they are not dropping them, I ordered several items and would hate to lose out on those discounted prices.
    Xavier from Detailed Image replied back saying they are not dropping P&S or 3D. Just seems odd to have such steep discounts (clearance type) and have inventory being depleted like it is.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey, Autopia Store seems to be out-of-stock on many items as well.
    Must be the way internet detailing resellers/ dealers are operating these days: like new car dealers: low inventory=lower overhead. They still make their "profit" with charging and the buyer paying MSRP (Manufacturer`s Suggested Retail Price, AKA Full Sticker Price).
    Is it me, or are detailing product prices seemingly more expensive than ever? Or is it because of low inventory?
    Economic law of supply -and-demand( Supposedly).
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Lonnie, when AutopiaForums started and Dwayne was the "fearless leader", he used to do a weekly chat. That topic came up about whether ACC was trying to do what you`re describing, about not keeping much in inventory, and he said absolutely not, they never wanted to be out of stock, have a missed sale, etc. Of course that was a long time ago, a few owners and warehouses ago.
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not that I have any knowledge of this item or the industry in particular, but from a cost of capital and finance perspective, it`s not been this expensive in a long time to have cash consumed by inventory sitting on the shelf. Many companies are doing what they can to have quicker inventory turns and reduce the working capital tied up in inventory.
    Interest rates are high, and when you are managing cash flow and look at large inventory valuations on the balance sheet, that`s one of the first places you can look to lengthen your cash flow forecast.
    If it comes down to making payroll, or having lots of inventory on the shelf, I know which one I pick everytime.
    Likes bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Um...I guess that`s one way to look at it.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Um...I guess that`s one way to look at it.
    Depending on one`s point of view, I suppose it`s just as valid as referencing comments made years ago by two owners removed.

I`m just saying, my perspective probably isn`t representative of what`s happening here, but I can tell you that companies in every industry are having to be much more disciplined with their cash outflows, and that includes inventory. You will see all sorts of measures taken to reduce the amount of cash tied up sitting idle on shelves.

Another way of looking at it is that it indicates that Detailed Image is going to stop carrying the products.

Another way is speculating that P&S is going out of business.

Another way is that some changes are coming to the P&S offerings and certain retailers are wanting to move the old stock.

Or they want to increase sales volumes of those products, for some reason. See list of above.
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Prices have went up which sucks for professionals. However, for an enthusiast i haven`t found a better product line then labocosmetica for value and versatility IE cleaning chemicals - assuming you are using a hand pump sprayer/foamer. That includes some of the manic line products, that I haven`t tested yet.

One thing i did notice however, it seems you don`t get so much of a reduction in purchasing 4.5L units. But i don`t need something that big.

Primus for example cut 1:20 in a pump sprayer for a pre-wash i can make 20 liters from just one liter. The new version Primus 2.0 they made it so you can use it has a contact wash cut 1:100. That`s just what i need a few times a year for traffic film. I`m not a fan of all this touchless foaming and rinsing - i do it for fun sometimes and to use up some of my garbage - TW max power being one(almost gone!).

And did i mention the new packaging is one of the best i have EVER seen!

Fanboy here haha

Purifica is my favorite cleaner as well. I even used it as a clay lube. And using it for a contact wash is great also.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    Depending on one`s point of view, I suppose it`s just as valid as referencing comments made years ago by two owners removed.

I`m just saying, my perspective probably isn`t representative of what`s happening here, but I can tell you that companies in every industry are having to be much more disciplined with their cash outflows, and that includes inventory. You will see all sorts of measures taken to reduce the amount of cash tied up sitting idle on shelves.
    One owner removed. I`m sorry, this inventory preoccupation is "one way of looking at it", before everyone had an MBA, we looked at things differently. I remember going to a car dealer parts counter to get a part for my car, and they didn`t have it. The parts guy picked up a clipboard that said "lost sales" at the top and wrote down the part number. I asked him what that was for. He said the parts manager wanted to know every time they lost a sale by not having a part in stock, so they could consider stocking that part, rather than the customer going to another dealer (he also said that it applied to internal consumption, every time they didn`t have a part that was needed for a service customer, the customer had to bring the car back again, effecting what we would call today "customer satisfaction"). That dealer is still in business, decades later, so I guess their policy of wanting to have more inventory didn`t force them to not make payroll and go out of business. And to stay with the car dealer example, dealers today have a gazillion dollars in cash and loans tied up in HAVING A HUGE INVENTORY OF VEHICLES. Why? So they can make the sale, and the customer doesn`t go to another dealer.

They just don`t give a crap anymore about what happens after the sale, helped by the fact that all the dealers do it now, so you (the customer) has to live with it. That brings us to a "reality" that`s actually a choice.
    Likes PoisonTheWell liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    One owner removed. I`m sorry, this inventory preoccupation is "one way of looking at it", before everyone had an MBA, we looked at things differently. I remember going to a car dealer parts counter to get a part for my car, and they didn`t have it. The parts guy picked up a clipboard that said "lost sales" at the top and wrote down the part number. I asked him what that was for. He said the parts manager wanted to know every time they lost a sale by not having a part in stock, so they could consider stocking that part, rather than the customer going to another dealer (he also said that it applied to internal consumption, every time they didn`t have a part that was needed for a service customer, the customer had to bring the car back again, effecting what we would call today "customer satisfaction"). That dealer is still in business, decades later, so I guess their policy of wanting to have more inventory didn`t force them to not make payroll and go out of business. And to stay with the car dealer example, dealers today have a gazillion dollars in cash and loans tied up in HAVING A HUGE INVENTORY OF VEHICLES. Why? So they can make the sale, and the customer doesn`t go to another dealer.

They just don`t give a crap anymore about what happens after the sale, helped by the fact that all the dealers do it now, so you (the customer) has to live with it. That brings us to a "reality" that`s actually a choice.
    I don`t disagree that things used to be different (better....).

However, to apply my example to your car dealer parts counter story, very likely the reason there was a list of lost sales was because it was impractical to stock all those parts.
    Didn`t move fast enough to justify stocking it (tied up cash with slow turns)

Anyways, I took this whole thing horribly off course and looked like a jerk while doing it, which was not my intention.

On a side note, time to stock up on some Beadmaker and Xpress

Post Thanks / Like

Well, this thread discussion is an education in inventory and supply-side economics.
    One economic aspect that is also "forgotten" is state taxes on inventory and business equipment/assets. My state of Wisconsin`s Republican-led legislature tried to get a reduction is such taxes, but the Democratic governor vetoed it and the legislature does not have enough votes for a 2/3 majority to override it. This coming in a state with a state-budget surplus.
    The governor is very concerned about young people leaving this state after receiving a 2-year technical college or 4-year university degree from such Wisconsin state-funded higher educational institutions (AKA, brain drain). MAYBE it`s because there are less businesses that can afford to get started or stay in business in Wisconsin because of state taxes on businesses with jobs to keep those young people here in Wisconsin, but that would make too much sense. Just sayin`...
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Well, this thread discussion is an education in inventory and supply-side economics.
    One economic aspect that is also "forgotten" is state taxes on inventory and business equipment/assets. My state of Wisconsin`s Republican-led legislature tried to get a reduction is such taxes, but the Democratic governor vetoed it and the legislature does not have enough votes for a 2/3 majority to override it. This coming in a state with a state-budget surplus.
    The governor is very concerned about young people leaving this state after receiving a 2-year technical college or 4-year university degree from such Wisconsin state-funded higher educational institutions (AKA, brain drain). MAYBE it`s because there are less businesses that can afford to get started or stay in business in Wisconsin because of state taxes on businesses with jobs to keep those young people here in Wisconsin, but that would make too much sense. Just sayin`...
    It is truly baffling how the obvious to most people is completely lost to some in government. Very similar to when US companies had been complaining for over 2 decades about having to pay 35% in federal income taxes while their overseas competitors were only paying 28% in federal taxes to their home countries giving US companies essential a 7% premium to have to compete with. Eventually large corporations decided, heck with it, let`s just leave the US and incorporate overseas. Some of our brightest (please note sarcasm) said they wanted to propose legislation to penalize those corporations. Those with common sense said, "Why not have a corporate tax rate similar to the rest of the world to even the playing field????" Truly hard to understand. The crazy thing is you can make a strong argument that businesses REALLY don`t pay taxes, consumers to in the form of higher prices to pay those taxes.

Post Thanks / Like

US tax receipts are off 35%. Individual states are showing similar results. The economy is slowing!
    Thanks Dan thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

OK, in my hypocrisy, ONCE AGAIN, Captain Obvious has "steered" (AKA hijacked) this thread discussion from Detailed Image`s discounting and clearing out of P&S and 3D detailing products from their inventory to state and federal taxes on such inventory (more politics!) MY BAD!!
    That said (here we go again, Captain Obvious) I do not think that anyone can disagree with me that government at all levels of this nation, its politicians that we elect democratically (notice I did not say voted for personally; Don`t go there....), and the policies and legislation and laws that they enact ALL have a huge effect on detailing, directly or indirectly. THAT subject matter is a never-ending open debate and "topic discussion" that is as divisive as the detailing subjects of: "Which buffing machine is better: long-throws or rotaries?" OR "Doing a complete inside and-and-out vehicle detail, do you detail the interior first or the exterior first ?" (NO, I am not starting a new thread topic on these questions).

Anyway, I am going to try to get back to (AKA steer) the subject matter about P&S and 3D detailing products:
    Does anyone use any of the detailing products from either of these two manufacturers and which ones you like or don`t like and why?
    I ask because I have not used any products from either manufacturer. I know P&S makes Bead Maker Paint Protectant spray that was (is) a forum favorite and 3D makes 3D Speed, another All-In-One Paint Polish/Sealant that is highly acclaimed within this forum as well.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Anyway, I am going to try to get back to (AKA steer) the subject matter about P&S and 3D detailing products:
    Does anyone use any of the detailing products from either of these two manufacturers and which ones you like or don`t like and why?
    I ask because I have not used any products from either manufacturer. I know P&S makes Bead Maker Paint Protectant spray that was (is) a forum favorite and 3D makes 3D Speed, another All-In-One Paint Polish/Sealant that is highly acclaimed within this forum as well.
    I bought 16 oz bottles of P&S`s carpet and upholstery threesome (Terminator Enzyme + Carpet Bomber + Peroxiode Finisher) and Xpress Interior Cleaner a month or so ago and liked them enough that I followed up and ordered gallons of all 4 of them through Detailed Image with the huge discounts they were offering during that sale.

I liked Bead Maker, but think I will give ceramic spray sealants such as DIY`s a try for now. May go back, who knows???? Maybe I will try a test vehicle with half the vehicle with Bead Maker, half with DIY Ceramic Gloss and do a comparison???

I also threw in some P&S Brake Buster and Iron Buster due to the deeps discounts to see how I would like those. Will report back if you would like feedback on those.

That order for all of that (1 gallon of Terminator Enzyme, Carpet Bomber, Peroxide Finisher, Xpress Interior Cleaner and Brake Buster, 16 oz of Iron Buster, 32 oz bottles for the three carpet products along with 3 High Volume Chemical Resistant Spray Triggers) was placed back on Aug 4th and so far, only Peroxide Finisher has shipped, the rest are out of stock and awaiting shipping till back in stock. The ship dates keep getting pushed back another week each week that passes so not sure what is going on but as long as I get it, I don`t really mind all that much.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information