I imagine there is a thread asking similar question(s), but... oh well.

Are there any things/products/methods/advise/etc in the detailing world you personally regreted?
For me, what comes to mind
1 - I used to toss spray bottles almost like I couldn`t wait to get rid of an empty bottle. No idea why, like "get rid of this, it`s taking up space that in reality isn`t bothering me, but it`s gotta go". So knocking on wood here, don`t wanna jinx myself, but I have `never` had a spray bottle stop working while I was using all the contents up. So over the years I had all of these different Meguiar`s wheel cleaner bottles I tossed... bottles that worked great with some strong cleaners. And were all paid for when I bought the bottle, so owed me nothing. And tossed them. Now when I started buying some products in bigger jugs (it really does work out cheaper.. as long as your using the product, lol) and wanted spray bottles to use it in, even diluted ratios, I was "why in the hell did I throw all those spray bottles away???" Since then I have kept all my bottles. Cheap and easy to have products.

2 - When I get into things I try to ask questions, read reviews, youtube, etc to make sure I will be happy with whatever route I go, pros and cons, etc. Then I go all in (read sometimes overboard), sometimes down the road going "well that route would have been good too".
Examples are when I decided to mive from all hand detail work to make the jump to machine, I finally decided to go all into Rupes system. Now, sometimes when I read posts here so many folks libe their Flex machines. And reently while looking into micro work, I see Flex has a kit for this. Now for this, it isn`t a huge regret, I just dig my heels in and say I made a choice, and it`s still good for me. In reality, going from working by hand to any machine is going to be a great improvement that will get great results. So I`m happy with the machines I chose. Not a millionaire, so just be happy with what you have. All good.
Another small example is some products. I grew through this hobby as a Meguiar`s fanboy for years. So for protectant product, I leaned into Megs. I didn`t want to make the coatings jump at this point, so sealants/waxes are perfect for my choice. So I made the move to ceramic sealants, Jescar Ultra lock, Woflgang si02, M27 are all similar, I obviously went M27. And I liked it enough I went and bought a gallon. Now where my slight regret comes in, I look around at all the different great products out there and it`s "oh, I`dd like to try get that" hahaha. Marketing is great, you get into the product just by the writeup about it.
N
Now for this I have had to kind of do the same and be happy with my choice. It is easy to work with, smells great, looks great to me, protects nicely. Are there stronger products? Yep. But does this do a good job? Yep. So I have to top it up more often to keep it strong. Well, this is the hobby for me, so going out applying product isn`t a bad thing. And if I had all these different products I would be out applying stuff even more often... to get looks that would all stay in the same ballpark.

So I just have to keep my eager emotions like a kid with new stuff in check and be quite content with the toys I have. Not a big problem in reality.

And the other reason posting this is to keep the forum with activity, so just chatting.