Post Thanks / Like

Educating on the Blenders/independants please

So I was talking to friends about detailing, the companies and products world - vast. The topic came up about blenders and who makes products. I only know a vague amount, so couldn`t talk about it correctly.
    So what are the basic facts? In North America is there only a few blenders (like B& making products for everyone per their orders? And then independants here and there like micro brewers (like Xtreme Solutions)? I mean, it works, there are only a few manufacturers making all the washine machines and dryers and such for all the brands, so this would be the same template.

So who is B&B? Are they the main one?
    I understand companies like Polish Angel make their own stuff, is it the same for alot of the oversea companies? Sonax and such?
    I thought I had heard some talk about TAC, Gyeon, and CarPro all being mixed by TAC atbone time? Is that still true today?

I enjoy knowing the behind the curtain landscape, when your in a hobby it`s interesting to know then stories. The marketing of every company is great, anyone walking into their local auto parts store or big box store detailing aisle sees all the products and thinks each big name is all their own start to sale, nobody would ever know unless in the detailing world like on places like here.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Educating on the Blenders/independants please

Warner, Innovative, Stinger, All-Brite, Finish Kare, to name a few. B&B was bought out by Adam`s, who were then bought by a Canadian co. Lots of small ones, they come in and out of the auto side, as they produce everything from household cleaners, etc as ordered.
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:
    Likes Silly Rabbit liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I`m sure it`s a somewhat constantly changing list of suppliers and owners due to corporate buyouts and mergers. I`d guess multiple lines use multiple blenders and suppliers for their formulations. I wouldn`t be surprised if some ingredients aren`t being purchased from companies such as BASF and PPG.

Post Thanks / Like

Many of the small blenders use the raw materials and formulas from such as DOW, Dupont, etc, just do the mix, bottle and do their "sell" marketing. Automotive International, who I retired from, has their Valugard brand, however they also private label many of their same products for decades for Ford Motorcraft and Chrysler Mopar. They provided much of the same for Saturn and Saab before GM shut them down. Over the years they also produced products for such as Nissan and others in other world markets. Additionally, one may notice in the TSB`s on their site other vehicle manufacturers spec Valugard products for their repair processes. When I was with Finish Kare we produced many products for small companies, such as furniture polishes, speciality compounds for a couple of airlines. on and on.
    Likes noorth, Silly Rabbit liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Meguiars made some products for Chrysler dealers.

Post Thanks / Like

They do from time to time, mainly consumer directed products. AI has been supplying the Master Shield line since the mid 80`s and for a number of years dealer directed Master Prep for Canadian dealers. We did dealer detailer training seminars at that time all across Canada for their dealerships. There was also a time we produced some products for export of ArmorAll and STP, not for US distribution. There was a time a good portion of my work was creating such private label orders. One thing that these companies found attractive to use us was unlike the competitors, AI became a ISO certified company, plus were tested and approved by SAE and ASTM. Expensive to go through the first steps for certification, but the required dedicated employee for record keeping plus the required yearly audit of materials, production processes, packaging etc. The little companies can not or will not fund this commitment of funds. Takes such to insure consistant product quality.

Post Thanks / Like

Xtreme solutions uses B&B

Thread Information