Post Thanks / Like

exterior cleaner

Hi guys,, I wipe down my car pretty much every evening when i close up the shop.. I am going over it with car pro elixr, I am doing this at least 5 times a week.. Car is black and stupid dusty out here.. Is this the best option for me to keep my car clean or is there a better everyday detailer that you can recommend. Car has 2 layers of cquart 3.0, 2 layers of gliss, 2 layers of jescar, and 2 layers of colonite.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: exterior cleaner

Quote Originally Posted by instalher View Post
    Car has 2 layers of cquart 3.0, 2 layers of gliss, 2 layers of jescar, and 2 layers of colonite.
    exterior cleanerWow!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Hi guys,, I wipe down my car pretty much every evening when i close up the shop.. I am going over it with car pro elixr, I am doing this at least 5 times a week.. Car is black and stupid dusty out here.. Is this the best option for me to keep my car clean or is there a better everyday detailer that you can recommend. Car has 2 layers of cquart 3.0, 2 layers of gliss, 2 layers of jescar, and 2 layers of colonite.
    Yeah, my smart-aleck reply would be get a different color. Black is a detailer`s bane or an owner`s permanent job. This snide remark coming from Captain Obvious (me!)who owns and drives a 2006 BLACK Ford Freestyle. Let`s just say I feel your pain.

ALL those layers of Last-Step Products (LSPs as the acronym used here in this forum). Must be some "reflective gloss". I am not gonna even ask WHY you chose to layer so many LSPs, as I think the "reflective gloss" statement answers that question. Or maybe "just because I can."
    What year, make, and model car is it, by the way??
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Yeah, my smart-aleck reply would be get a different color. Black is a detailer`s bane or an owner`s permanent job. This snide remark coming from Captain Obvious (me!)who owns and drives a 2006 BLACK Ford Freestyle. Let`s just say I feel your pain.

ALL those layers of Last-Step Products (LSPs as the acronym used here in this forum). Must be some "reflective gloss". I am not gonna even ask WHY you chose to layer so many LSPs, as I think the "reflective gloss" statement answers that question. Or maybe "just because I can."
    What year, make, and model car is it, by the way??
    Car is a 18 bmw 230i xdrive, BSM in color.. Well i just hate dust on a car or any dirt inside, i have a full detail set up in the garage so its really a labor of love.. Inside is the same issue.. i vacuum out the carpets almost daily, and always wipe off all the interior befor i start my drive... Like i said super dusty out here in the middle of farm country..
    Likes Lonnie liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I would use a waterless wash. You don’t need to add much more protection. Try Ech20. Maybe a rinseless wash…. I wouldn’t wipe dust with Elixer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes JaCKISMYDOG liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Damn why so many layers of products? No need for jescar and colonize over the coating. And then elixir 5 times with more protection.

Get yourself a waterless wash if you are wiping that much. One risk is the potential to induce marring on the paint wiping so much.

Car should be impenetrable with so much protection.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    I would use a waterless wash. You don’t need to add much more protection. Try Ech20. Maybe a rinseless wash…. I wouldn’t wipe dust with Elixer.

This would be my recomendation too. Elixr has no real cleaning properties and very little lubrication. If you`re doing a daily wipe-down you need something like a waterless which which has lubrication to help prevent any marring and will also have the ability to easily remove finger smudges, bugs, bird droppings, dust, etc.

The beauty of ECH2O or other water less wash is they are pretty concentrated and one bottle will go a long way. You`ll save a ton of money and it will actually do a better job of what you`re trying to accomplish.

From my experience, Elixr provided about 3~5 weeks of protection. Using it every night is needlessly stacking layers of sealant every time you wipe down the car.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

ok i wil try just using echo2 instead of elixr... i was thinking about megs, quick detailer as well.. Car is in the garage due to winter.. so in april i will due a compete decontamination, and cquart 2.0 again.. Last time i applied it was 18 months ago so i really cant see there being much protection left on the car.

Post Thanks / Like

ok i wil try just using echo2 instead of elixr... i was thinking about megs, quick detailer as well.. Car is in the garage due to winter.. so in april i will due a compete decontamination, and cquart 2.0 again.. Last time i applied it was 18 months ago so i really cant see there being much protection left on the car.
    Do a decontamination wash. My cquk 3.0 was going strong at 18 months. If you decontamination wash and it beads your good.

Would way do Ech20 over Meguiars. Not only is it better product it’s dilutable. 1.5oz to 30oz water. Will add gloss as well.

Likes JaCKISMYDOG liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

sounds like a plan.. i have lots of echo2 as well so that makes good sense to me.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you going to polish everything off before applying CQUK? If not you`ll be applying the coating on top of multiple layers of two different sealants and multiple layers of remaining Elixr. The coating is best applied to a clean where it can bond directly to the paint.

Both the Jescar and the Collinite are highly durable sealants. When combined with all the Elixr being applied, the CQUK on the bottom may never have been exposed to the elements to this point. If you`re seeing something that makes you feel the coating has failed, it may be something to do with the layers of sealant on the coating and not the coating itself. I`ve seen CQUK go 36+ months all by itself with no toppers and only occasional washes. I`m pretty sure, based on your routine the coating is probably in pretty good shape safely blanketed under layers of sealants that have been taking all the environmental abuse.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Thread Information