Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: el naturale tire dressing

When I`m looking to have a natural looking tire I use Amazing Roll-Off. This will clean and leave the tire with a natural look which I think your looking for.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    Last year watched an Esoteric video on Jescar tire and trim and it was a nice clean look. I bought a bottle and like it. Also a little seems to go a long way. Also talked to a very knowledgable member here - Budget - and he said it was a nice product. He is right
    It is a good product to use on tires. It leaves a nice clean look just as you stated. Pretty good durability as well. I saw about 6 weeks from it.

Here is the video I made for application to help the op on it. It turned out to be a good purchase.

Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Swanson View Post
    I want a tire dressing that`s very flat with no sheen at all. Ideally I`d like it to leave the tire just looking like very fresh rubber..
    That`s the look I go for too. Besides the old version of Z16 (sorry, that`s not helpful ) I like the regular Griot`s stuff and the one from Pinnacle (sorry, forget the actual product names..).

Post Thanks / Like

CWhat do sugar and water, Cocacola and brake fluid have in common?
    "Logic dictates I have been at this detailing thing way too many years!":wink1:

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    Well, Ron Swanson you asked a similar question about tire dressings/gel I had asked some time ago. Reference:
    Suggestions for Matte-Finish Tire Shine Products for Show Vehicles
    I ended up going with Optimum Polymer Technology`s Opti-Bond Tire Gel based on Autopian All-Star Rasky1`s use in his detailing business and TroyScherer suggestion in the above thread.
    It takes about a 12 hours to "calm down" and loose that initial "sheen" that may appear "too blingly", but I use it strait up.
    I think it can be diluted with water and applied with an air brush spray compressors. I apply mine with Eagle One Foam Tire Applicators. I am not too keen on the Eagle One applicator as the "new" foam composition is very soft and wears/falls apart quite fast and the "new" blue backing pad and the adhesive used to attach the foam to it has come apart or let go on more than one applicator. Not sure if it`s the chemicals in OPT Opt-Bond that "attack" that adhesive and are not compatible OR if it`s just a poor adhesive.
    Man that stuff is the most overhyped Optimum product there is. Regular Armor All from the dollar store lasts longer and looks about the same. Either disappear with just a cloud on the weather forecast.

Post Thanks / Like

For a natural look, or just the best tire dressing in general, the (already) much acclaimed 253 is my go-to product. However, when using PERL at a 1:1 ratio you can adjust the level of sheen by how much you apply. I typically end up somewhere between a nice dark satin finish and a brand-new-out-of-the- tire shop finish.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Ketcham View Post
    CWhat do sugar and water, Cocacola and brake fluid have in common?
    Oh, OK...I`ll bite! What *DO* they have in common besides being [crap] that generally needs kept/cleaned off of stuff PDQ?

I`ve been wondering about that Q for ages now. If you hit this thread again, Ketch, I`d like to know the answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Gee I hope they aren’t ingredients in some tire products still being made today!
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Have been using this product since it first came out, and I get great results from it...

You HAVE to really clean the rubber first.. Their cleaner works really great for this step...

Then when the tires are completely DRY, using their perfect orange sponge applicator, shake the product, carefully get it on the applicator, apply, let it DRY, apply it again...

When dry, it looks fabulous to me, and it does not wash off the first time dark clouds appear in the sky...

I went through a lot of tire coatings over a couple decades, and am so happy to not have to do that anymore...

It IS true that some brand tires` rubber sidewalls react differently than others... The key for me since many Clients want this, is to really, really, scrub the tires clean and then clean again... Using their cleaning product, when the suds are now white, while cleaning, that tire is clean... Clean it again...

This product needs to adhere as best it can so it will look better, not sling, and last a long time...

Years of testing it on my own vehicles = 8 tires total and never had a bad reaction, or anything else but really clean, black, no sling, etc., tires...

The only product I use on my own vehicles...

TUF SHINE Appearance Products

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

Until the use of silicone fluid and water in the early 70`s (ArmorAll), all we had was these for tire dressings.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Oh, OK...I`ll bite! What *DO* they have in common besides being [crap] that generally needs kept/cleaned off of stuff PDQ?

I`ve been wondering about that Q for ages now. If you hit this thread again, Ketch, I`d like to know the answer.
    My guess would be that they could be used for removing rust.

Post Thanks / Like

Read my reply, note date, most here were not even borne back in those days, there were also other things used, from motor oil, trans fluid, anything to create a darkening of the tire, some lasted longer, some we know now actually damaged the sidewall over time. Was a different world of car care chemicals, not as today.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Have been using this product since it first came out, and I get great results from it...

You HAVE to really clean the rubber first.. Their cleaner works really great for this step...

Then when the tires are completely DRY, using their perfect orange sponge applicator, shake the product, carefully get it on the applicator, apply, let it DRY, apply it again...

When dry, it looks fabulous to me, and it does not wash off the first time dark clouds appear in the sky...

I went through a lot of tire coatings over a couple decades, and am so happy to not have to do that anymore...

It IS true that some brand tires` rubber sidewalls react differently than others... The key for me since many Clients want this, is to really, really, scrub the tires clean and then clean again... Using their cleaning product, when the suds are now white, while cleaning, that tire is clean... Clean it again...

This product needs to adhere as best it can so it will look better, not sling, and last a long time...

Years of testing it on my own vehicles = 8 tires total and never had a bad reaction, or anything else but really clean, black, no sling, etc., tires...

The only product I use on my own vehicles...

TUF SHINE Appearance Products

Dan F
    I loved Tuff Shine till I got the dreaded brown on a set of tires. It really is awesome stuff. But TW tire coating is about half way there in durability with 1/10th the effort.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    I loved Tuff Shine till I got the dreaded brown on a set of tires. It really is awesome stuff. But TW tire coating is about half way there in durability with 1/10th the effort.
    Ditto. Have been using TuffShine since 2016, never an issue. Doesn’t seem to like my Michelin Pilot Sport 4S though. 8-10 cleaning cycles, bright white foam after cleaning but just won’t apply evenly without brown areas. Carrand Tire Brush, orange TS sponge & a few other applicators made no difference el naturale tire dressing

Stuff is great on all other tires I’ve used it on, other Michelins included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 981 Cayman S View Post
    Ditto. Have been using TuffShine since 2016, never an issue. Doesn’t seem to like my Michelin Pilot Sport 4S though. 8-10 cleaning cycles, bright white foam after cleaning but just won’t apply evenly without brown areas. Carrand Tire Brush, orange TS sponge & a few other applicators made no difference el naturale tire dressing

Stuff is great on all other tires I’ve used it on, other Michelins included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Drill brush. Makes cleaning so much ch easier.

I stopped using coating on personal rides as with low profile tires I have to almost apply like a dressing. Te sided seem to ware near the tread which doesn’t look so bad on a regular tire but on low pros the ware looks like a much larger portion needing a recoat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes 981 Cayman S, Stokdgs liked this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information