Post Thanks / Like

polish pads and compounds for my old jeep?

I`ve got a great survivor `96 Jeep Cherokee in Flame Red. I had a local professional detailer do some kind of cutting process a few years ago that really brought the bang back out of the color. Since the fender flares were looking worn I just finished repainting them with a rattle can base color and 2k clear coat process, and other than the orange peel they look really good. Actually they`re upclassing my paint finish now so I need to get my body shine up to speed. I`ve got a griot`s 6in polisher and other than that I need to be coached through what I need to get to give my paint a good simple polish. But I`m trying to do it cheap so just the minimum is perfectly fine. It`s got a fair number of small scratches/blemishes that are just gonna stay, so I`m not looking to make anything close to perfect here.

Basically I need to know, what pads should I get and what product(s) should I use with them? I`ve seen some kits that might be good enough for an amateur like myself.

Also, if there`s anything designed to work in colder weather please let me know. I don`t see it getting warm around my area anytime soon.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: polish pads and compounds for my old jeep?

I would 2 step it personally. Just pick up a rinse less wash to clean the panels between steps. Soak some towels in a rinseless wash to clean up the compound and go straight to finishing. Get a nice drying towel. twisted loop.

Sonax cutmax with a microfiber(uro 50/50 maybe) followed with perfect finish on an orange lake country pad. CCS pads are fun.

But there are literally hundreds of options, that will get great results. Just go with it.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d grab a budget set of pads and some meguiars consumer line compound and polish. It won’t be the best but you won’t know any different and it’ll be mostly goof proof.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Meguiars Ultimate compound and some Lake Country orange pads should work.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the advice guys. Goof proof is the direction I better head with this.
    Likes Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Make sure to tape off a small area and test out a plan. It`s always tempting to just do the whole vehicle ASAP but a small area the day or night before lets you plan for how much time will be needed.

Thread Information