Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Ppf for headlights

Where is a reputable place where I can buy ppf for my headlights. I want to put them on myself. Thanks. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ppf for headlights

Xpel.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS

Post Thanks / Like

The Guz. Buy the ppf for my car headlight right from xpel them self. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Buy the ppf for my headlights directly from Xpel. Anywhere else. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Question: go to expel website and order the headlights for my car from there. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

981 cayman: where is a good place to get ppf for headlights if I want to put them on myself. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bull6791 View Post
    981 cayman: where is a good place to get ppf for headlights if I want to put them on myself. Thanks.
    When I was looking to get a hood-sized piece to try my hand at it (not on my car of course…fleet vehicle at work Ppf for headlights) I was either going directly to XPEL or a local shop in Cleveland I knew well enough to ask for a favor.

Never got around to it though…

That said, a few mfg will void warranty on headlights should you PPF them; Porsche & Aston Martin come to mind…dunno about others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

Bull -

I would just buy bulk, with enough coverage to do the headlights twice...you are sure to a least mess up one headlight if you haven`t worked with ppf at all

Got access to a steamer ? it should help when trying to get the curve of the headlights - depending on headlight style..

The film is thick....it might not correlate what I`m saying until you have it in your hands to understand how thick and pliable or not it is....
    With headlights off the car, you can *pull-stretch* a smidge more - bad analogy but picture wrapping a mirror cover.
    Then you also need to get all the fingers out, figure out the tension and also lay it down the edges

PPF is a acquired skill....DIY is doable .Will it look great, eh, depends how many times you end up redoing it...
    Messing around with the adhesive has a finite window as well.

Not trying to talk you out of it, but this is what is involved.
    I`m sure there are plenty of those pre cut sites available. The template/shape where it just covered the lense IMO is hideous.....
    However, I come from the POV of things should be tucked
    It wouldn`t hurt to visit a shop that offers PPF and inquire about the cost just to compare ...

IME, buying PPF on the retail level is $$.....this reference goes a few years back when I bought a small piece of bulk from Xpel to do my Snowblower...

Post Thanks / Like

So buying the pre cut/ pre fitted ppf for my headlights is not the way to go.

Post Thanks / Like

Depends on the cut/ Is it full coverage or just a cut to cover the front of the lense...and what your expectations on the ppf on headlight should look

*Good PPF install is pretty much naked to the eye*

If it`s full coverage or close to it, don`t expect it to get it right/look good on the 1st pass.....

I suggested you check out what a local shop will cost you per the last post
    Bulk film retail is $$. It may be a wash - a bit more to just have a pro do what you seek. You`re still paying for film + labor......
    But if you end up doing your healights twice due to 1st time install learning....you might end up OOP the same.

Post Thanks / Like

Mobile. Thanks. Never did it before but I heard it was easy to install ppf on headlights. Talking about the pre cut ones. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

The pre cut ones that is just a piece of film that sits on the front on the lense *and is undercut to the size of the light* is easy.
    Even my 5 year old can put a sticker on a flat surface
    But it looks like

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder or however the saying goes. YMMV on expectations...

I dunno if they sell full coverage pre cut headlights as you need extra material to pull/stretch on....

Post Thanks / Like

Mobile. Thanks. That’s what I wanted to know. I never put it on my self before. I did not know the pre cut ppf for headlights were not that good. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Another thing mobile. I learned something from you that I did not know. I did not know the pre cut ppf for headlights were under sized. I thought they fit perfectly. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

U misread . Let me rephrase - What is the pattern /size/fit of the precut

It`s not a universal answer so seek that from wherever you are planning to buy.
    It may be undersized for ease of DIY. It may be custom to the headlight with some extra film for you to work it.
    It`s like buying clothes. Not one size fits all. Seek the answers from wherever you get it from.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information