Post Thanks / Like

Tire Covers - Spray & Rinse

For those using Spray-Rinse Sealants.....do you guys go the extra mile and use tire covers ?

In certain applications, S&R Sealants are great, but I don`t like it get`s on the tires/wheels as I actually don`t want the S&R on the wheels/tires.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tire Covers - Spray & Rinse

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    For those using Spray-Rinse Sealants.....do you guys go the extra mile and use tire covers ?

In certain applications, S&R Sealants are great, but I don`t like it get`s on the tires/wheels as I actually don`t want the S&R on the wheels/tires.
    I do not. It`s not hard to keep the spray on the rim part itself. Some may run off to the lower part of the tire.

Post Thanks / Like

Spray+rinse......aka, when you rinse and you do need to rinse *hard*, it get`s into every nook and cranny as the water runs off...
    Likes CleanIt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Spray+rinse......aka, when you rinse and you do need to rinse *hard*, it get`s into every nook and cranny as the water runs off...
    Funny I only use spray+Rinse on wheels. If i were trying to do what you are trying to accomplish I probably wouldn’t care as S+R products don’t last long for me.

Can I ask why you don’t want on wheels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

-- I should edit my post. It`s confusing. My issue is just the S&R overspray/overinse as I don`t want that on the rubber.--

The S&R gets on tires.....
    And yes, I`ve use it on wheels when I`ve used it on paint. It`s great as it gets into every nook and cranny......
    I just don`t like it getting on tires as it interferes with my app. for tires, as it then seals the tires...

Ha. This has always been my issue/concern from day of using S&R. Kinda just -whatevered- it.......but in my recent rabbit hole of all things PPF, and seeing how they use tire covers, it kinda spurned the topic
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

-- I should edit my post. It`s confusing. My issue is just the S&R overspray/overinse as I don`t want that on the rubber.--

The S&R gets on tires.....
    And yes, I`ve use it on wheels when I`ve used it on paint. It`s great as it gets into every nook and cranny......
    I just don`t like it getting on tires as it interferes with my app. for tires, as it then seals the tires...

Ha. This has always been my issue/concern from day of using S&R. Kinda just -whatevered- it.......but in my recent rabbit hole of all things PPF, and seeing how they use tire covers, it kinda spurned the topic
    Never thought about that. Legitimate concern but I have seen no issues with it affecting tire dressing in performance or looks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

IME, when one uses any dressing and observing how it looks, how it holds up, etc - one is making that review/feedback in theory based on the dressing applied.

The S&R does end up coating the tire.....you can see it if you have done a S&R on a tire that has a worn out dressing...
    So if one ends up putting a dressing ontop.....
    See where I`m going with this.

Ha. Cannot I must be the only one he even remotely has this concern..

Thread Information