Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Tires getting cleaner scrubbing with a microfiber than a brush?

Maybe it`s just me, or maybe it`s the Turtle Wax, or maybe I`m onto something. But ever since I tried the new TW foaming wheel and tire cleaner and the ceramic/acrylic tire shine, my tires have been coming exceptionally clean just rubbing them down with a microfiber cloth and car wash soap.

Since using the new tire shine, I`ve washed the car 3 times (including the wheels/tires) and I have not used anything stronger than Megs Hyper-wash and the tires look great. I`m pretty sure the tire shine has worn off by now (it`s been over 1.5 months and over 3,000 miles since it was applied) and I`m cleaning bare rubber, but it`s got me wondering what would happen if I cleaned a NEGLECTED tire with the foaming wheel cleaner and scrubbed it with just a microfiber cloth?

My next days off are Mon/Tues/Weds and the wife`s Escape is due to get `the treatment.` Her car hasn`t been washed since the fall and the wheels/tires are NASTY, which makes it the perfect candidate for this experiment.

I`m just wondering what you guys think. IS a microfiber greater than a brush?
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Tires getting cleaner scrubbing with a microfiber than a brush?

I`ve found that scrubbing a tire w/ a microfiber and APC gets the surface clean, but doesn`t do as well with the grooves as a Tuf shine brush.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sf_car_guy View Post
    I`ve found that scrubbing a tire w/ a microfiber and APC gets the surface clean, but doesn`t do as well with the grooves as a Tuf shine brush.
    I`m starting to wonder if it`s just because my tires are in good condition to begin with?
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Tires getting cleaner scrubbing with a microfiber than a brush?

If your trying to just clean the TW GATC then I think a MF would work well. If trying to get to bare rubber for fresh coat definitely the brush.

A MF isn’t going to deep clean as well but sometimes gentle via needed. I use MF when i coated my tires for maintenance washes as I didn’t want to go that aggressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

I hardly use microfibers for anything that is going to make it impossible to get them clean again..

Am totally with sf_car_guy on using the Tuff-Shine Tire Brush for tires, and even rubber floor and trunk mats...

I like those little brushes so much, I have worn a few out, they work so good.

Their Clear Coat product is also great, and I have not had really dirty tires for years...

I wash the tires and wheels last with the remaining Carpro Reset Soap and the tire brush, and the Clear Coat does not seem to come off easily...

Last step after master blasting the wheels and tires, is apply another coat of their Clear Coat, using their perfect orange sponge applicator, and the tires stay nice and black, not greasy/shiny, but more a new natural black rubber look, and am good to go till next time...

Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

I have to agree with Stokdgs and sf_car_guy that brushes deep-clean tire rubber "better" than microfiber clothes. That said, for maintenance washes I use a chenille cotton wash pad for cleaning my tires along with Megs D143 Non-Acid Tire and Wheel Cleaner. Works for me.

Don:
    Please keep us informed on your continued use of Turtle Wax`s Hybrid Solutions products. I really do not think that TW-HS products get the recognition they may deserve within this forum because of past association and reputation of the "quality" of TW products, and that may have been true. The Hybrid Solutions line has changed some of that perception.
    I say that because that is what my own black 2006 Ford Freestyle is wearing. It was something I wanted to try out and their HS line is pretty price-competitive (AKA, cheap) compared to other consumer-based car-care lines (like Mother`s or Meg`s), so I gave it try. Much of that influence comes from your experiences written in topics by you within this forum. Your black Camaro looks pretty "nice" for high-mileage daily driver using those products.
    GB detailer
    Likes Don, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Don thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post

Don:
    Please keep us informed on your continued use of Turtle Wax`s Hybrid Solutions products. I really do not think that TW-HS products get the recognition they may deserve within this forum because of past association and reputation of the "quality" of TW products, and that may have been true. The Hybrid Solutions line has changed some of that perception.
    I say that because that is what my own black 2006 Ford Freestyle is wearing. It was something I wanted to try out and their HS line is pretty price-competitive (AKA, cheap) compared to other consumer-based car-care lines (like Mother`s or Meg`s), so I gave it try. Much of that influence comes from your experiences written in topics by you within this forum. Your black Camaro looks pretty "nice" for high-mileage daily driver using those products.
    Thanks, your comments mean a lot I`ve gone from a "Meguiar`s Maniac," to a Turtle Wax Fanboy all due to Pan The Organizer, when he did the test between Turtle Wax`s Seal N Shine and two other products and it blew them away. Then the Hybrid Solutions Line was introduced and it seemed like ALL the You Tubers were liking them so of course I had to give them a try. The HS Ceramic Polish & Wax is still my go to for paint ENHANCEMENT. I`ve given up on perfection and am "settling" for "Damn Good." The pics I recently posted about the Graphene To The Max Wax are perfect examples. Is the car perfect? No. In person, up close and in the right light, you can see a lot of imperfections, but, to me, they are perfectly acceptable on a car that`s driven every day, through all of Ohio`s weather, good and bad. It is not a show queen or garage queen, it is a working car it`s a daily driver with over 162 THOUSAND miles that looks better than many newer cars.

The Graphene To The Max Wax is just the most recent cause of my "Detailing Geek out." It applied / removed SO EASY and the results were stellar - on BLACK - In Full Sun with application day being 82* with 50% humidity. And to see that after a 46 mile drive on the highway, in the rain, there was almost NO dirt coating the car, just added to my Geek Out. I know people must be getting tired of me talking about the Turtle, but I was CONVINCED Meg`s was the best for 30 + years and in one fell swoop TW SNS made me rethink things and the Hybrid Solutions Line followed by the Hybrid Solutions PRO line cemented the deal.

The HS Foaming tire cleaner was used ONCE on my wheels with a brush, one cleaning cycle and was topped by the Acrylic/Graphene tire coating almost two months ago. Since then, my tires have been washed 3 times with just a microfiber and Meg`s Hyper wash and I`m still not getting dirt on my towel from scrubbing the tire and they are bright yellow, so I would see any dirt. Basically the HS and HS PRO lines have completely won me over - ease of use by machine OR hand and excellent result with no "oily residue" like with most of the Meg`s products.
    I`m going to end this babbling here - I have to get ready for work, but thanks again for the comments.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Likes Stokdgs, Lonnie liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Thanks, your comments mean a lot I`ve gone from a "Meguiar`s Maniac," to a Turtle Wax Fanboy all due to Pan The Organizer, when he did the test between Turtle Wax`s Seal N Shine and two other products and it blew them away. Then the Hybrid Solutions Line was introduced and it seemed like ALL the You Tubers were liking them so of course I had to give them a try. The HS Ceramic Polish & Wax is still my go to for paint ENHANCEMENT. I`ve given up on perfection and am "settling" for "Damn Good." The pics I recently posted about the Graphene To The Max Wax are perfect examples. Is the car perfect? No. In person, up close and in the right light, you can see a lot of imperfections, but, to me, they are perfectly acceptable on a car that`s driven every day, through all of Ohio`s weather, good and bad. It is not a show queen or garage queen, it is a working car it`s a daily driver with over 162 THOUSAND miles that looks better than many newer cars.

The Graphene To The Max Wax is just the most recent cause of my "Detailing Geek out." It applied / removed SO EASY and the results were stellar - on BLACK - In Full Sun with application day being 82* with 50% humidity. And to see that after a 46 mile drive on the highway, in the rain, there was almost NO dirt coating the car, just added to my Geek Out. I know people must be getting tired of me talking about the Turtle, but I was CONVINCED Meg`s was the best for 30 + years and in one fell swoop TW SNS made me rethink things and the Hybrid Solutions Line followed by the Hybrid Solutions PRO line cemented the deal.

The HS Foaming tire cleaner was used ONCE on my wheels with a brush, one cleaning cycle and was topped by the Acrylic/Graphene tire coating almost two months ago. Since then, my tires have been washed 3 times with just a microfiber and Meg`s Hyper wash and I`m still not getting dirt on my towel from scrubbing the tire and they are bright yellow, so I would see any dirt. Basically the HS and HS PRO lines have completely won me over - ease of use by machine OR hand and excellent result with no "oily residue" like with most of the Meg`s products.
    I`m going to end this babbling here - I have to get ready for work, but thanks again for the comments.
    You should try the Griots 3-1. I got Better water behavior and longer durability than SNS in a head to head hood test I did.

Likes Lonnie, Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think "all the you tubers" were given products by TW to launch their new lines. Not sure I would trust it 100% but if you happen to like the TW products then keep on keepin on.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe
    Likes Don liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    I think "all the you tubers" were given products by TW to launch their new lines. Not sure I would trust it 100% but if you happen to like the TW products then keep on keepin on.
    I believe you`re right in that ALL the you tubers got free samples of the TW products to play with and/or `evaluate.` And you have a point of not trusting them 100%. But, at least in my case, I bought a few of the products myself and gave them a shot. After a fairly short learning curve, I found that the products *I`d* bought to try out, "Worked As Advertised." So I bought a few more, different products and gave them their fair chance. After I found the next products I tried ALSO worked as stated, I started watching the YouTube videos closer and saw that MOST of the `tuber`s results matched mine - more or less, at least close enough so that I could see a few of them were legit. Papasmurf918 did an excellent video series on the three Hybrid Solutions Pro products, the One And Done Compound, the Graphene To The Max Wax and the Graphene Flex Wax. In reality though *my* results were better than his - except for the One and Done, I haven`t had a need to pick any of that up yet.

So while my liking of the Hybrid Solutions product has a little to do with You Tube, MOST of my enthusiasm comes from having a positive experience MYSELF with the Turtle Wax products: Hybrid Solutions: Polish & Wax, Ceramic Spray Coating, Pro To the Max Wax, Pro Flex Wax and most recently the Foaming Tire Cleaner and the Graphene/Acrylic Tire Coating.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Good point and some of those people aren’t really in the know. However TW isn’t unique here. The industry is full of pushers….

Post Thanks / Like

The majority of companies use Youtubers or some kind of social media pushing as advertising to get their products out there. I personally found Turtle Wax`s push particularly a bit too overzealous and definitely became Reddit`s favorite product for a long time. I`ve gone as far as blocking posts suggesting Seal `n Shine because that product was highly overrated and had terrible water behavior. None of their other products were of much interest to me as I already had stuff from Carpro, Gyeon, Kamikaze, Feynlab, etc that worked perfectly well for my needs and nothing from Turtle Wax looked better my go-to`s in any way that mattered for me. While Turtle Wax`s stuff is definitely well priced I`m able to buy my usual brands/products 20-25% off from the regular sales on any of the various online detailing retailers bring their price down to Turtle Wax`s price.

I found it interesting that once the advertising campaign was done on Youtube none of the Youtubers that pushed the products kept using them as part of their normal routine or were ever mentioned again. That doesn`t mean there was anything wrong with the products but they too had things they liked better.

Turtle Wax is definitely targetting people just getting into the hobby with well performing products at excellent prices that are very easy to use and that`s perfectly fine. I just happen to not be part of that demographic.

I`ll admit I am interested in the new Graphene Tire Coating as I like trying out different tire products. If something can match the looks and durability of Gyon Q2 Tire while spreading more easily then it`s winner in my book.

Post Thanks / Like

Look back at some of the old posts here for flavors of the day. One day it’s the best stuff ever and the next it’s on to the new one. A lot of us got suckered into so many purchases like that.

I have the TW graphene tire stuff in my cart but I’m not getting it. I’ve fallen for so many new tire shines and they just don’t deliver. In a year if you guys are still talking about it… maybe…lol.

Post Thanks / Like

The new graphene tire product is called a coating but it is definitely not…. Just like there ceramic coating…. Definitely not

They love their buzz words

“Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Graphene Acrylic Tire Shine Spray Coating”

But if you judge it for what it is…. It’s a nice tire shine that gives me a week or two

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    The new graphene tire product is called a coating but it is definitely not…. Just like there ceramic coating…. Definitely not

They love their buzz words

“Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Graphene Acrylic Tire Shine Spray Coating”

But if you judge it for what it is…. It’s a nice tire shine that gives me a week or two

I agree, it gives my tires the look I want and it DOES seem to keep the tires cleaner longer and a little goes a long way, so one bottle will last me for a while. I`m the type to dress my tires when I think it needs it and that often depends on how I clean the tires. Since using the new Turtle Wax, I`ve been washing them with plain soap and water which, to me, seems to let the dressing last longer as opposed to using a dedicated tire cleaner or APC to clean the tires.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Camaro

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information