Post Thanks / Like

YouTube Marketing Trends.....

Off topic or on. Marketing is marketing. Whether it`s the gram, YouTube, etc.

Haven`t taking the -detailing product flavor of the month buying spree- but noticed fellow detailers who own -eshops-, now tend to market/post their -favorite- products to use and of course these said products are brands said detail e-shops are authorized to sell.

Anyhow, just posting as while I like videos and all, but I like the unbiased feeds ....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: YouTube Marketing Trends.....

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Anyhow, just posting as while I like videos and all, but I like the unbiased feeds ....
    Is there such a thing?

Post Thanks / Like

Eh. So did you have a opinion about Todd-Eso when he was active on the forum. I don`t recall him pushing product ....
    This popped up on my YouTube feed today. Seems he likes G-on alot.......

Post Thanks / Like

I don`t remember when he was active on the forum...must have been when I took a break from here when 3D broke the forum.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    when 3D broke the forum.
    When/what was this? I was gone for awhile, but don`t remember this.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mobiledynamics View Post
    Eh. So did you have a opinion about Todd-Eso when he was active on the forum. I don`t recall him pushing product ....
    This popped up on my YouTube feed today. Seems he likes G-on alot.......
    I don`t recall him being active here. But i haven`t been here since the early days.

Todd-Eso does push products he sells, but he tends to name the ones he prefers for certain things. No secret he likes Sonax Perfect Finish. Up until recently, he preferred Megs interior Detailer, but has switched to G-on. Others have said good things about this product, and the Megs version is quite "old" now.

Ammo guy obviously will push his own products, but he stopped making his polishes when he preferred the performance of Megs products.

As for unbiased reviews, our own The Guz does such reviews. I`ve been surprised some have sent him products, knowing he left some not-so-favorable reviews for other products from that company.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    When/what was this? I was gone for awhile, but don`t remember this.
    I don`t know, when DavidB sold the forum to 3D, 2010? And they changed the host and gave everybody a virus, and claimed that the site was safe, even though Google was calling it a malicious site, so they just kept infecting people. Some of us who consider ourselves fairly computer-savvy had to pay for virus removal in order to get our computers back to functioning. I wouldn`t be so bitter about this but we begged them to fix the site and they told us everything was fine, no virus, etc. I didn`t like the environment here under 3D, so I pretty much stayed away until PBMG bought it and folded Autopia Forums into it, which is why my join date shows as 2011 (Autopia Forums) instead of 2004.

PS To be fair, I had let my anti-virus get out of date, so after paying $150 or something to get my computer back to usable, my up-to-date anti-virus protected me from re-infection, but IIRC the anti-virus didn`t want me to go to the site, because it was listed as a malicious site. And also IIRC, we had some IT members who said that part of the problem was GoDaddy, that half the sites they hosted were compromised like that. But the handling of the whole thing was inept--drag DavidB all you want, but he knew his computers (as he should, given his resume).
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I don’t think any of the videos I’ve seen on YouTube are unbiased or thorough.

People use YouTube to advertise their business and product, it’s not a university.

Most of these videos seem as though the “review” is a first time use and impression. It’s just someone who wants to take a crack a making a YouTube video.

Some of the reviews, and this has been used since before the YouTube craze, contain the use of paint depth gauges and gloss meters. The data is useless!

Yet, the videos are fun to watch. They kill time when all the cars are clean and feed the car detailing obsession most of us have.

Remember, it is a business.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

BAD -

I know you`re a new here. Search for PAN as keyword...
    Granted I`ve always taken the videos out there biased...just threw me off when the Eso Feed popped into my YouTube feed.
    It`s been awhile and my memory ain`t that great anymore. I generally don`t watch or sub. to Eso`s videos, but back when he was semi-active on the forum, I actually didn`t take his position on the -pitch-.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BringADetailer View Post
    People use YouTube to advertise their business and product, it’s not a university.

There are plenty of people who review who aren`t using "YouTube to advertise their business and product". However that doesn`t mean they aren`t monetizing their channel.

As someone pointed out years ago about Facebook (of which I do not partake), Facebook is free because YOU are the product that is being sold. YouTube isn`t that much different.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    There are plenty of people who review who aren`t using "YouTube to advertise their business and product". However that doesn`t mean they aren`t monetizing their channel.
    Yes, indeed

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BringADetailer View Post
    I don’t think any of the videos I’ve seen on YouTube are unbiased or thorough.

Most of these videos seem as though the “review” is a first time use and impression. It’s just someone who wants to take a crack a making a YouTube video.

Some of the reviews, and this has been used since before the YouTube craze, contain the use of paint depth gauges and gloss meters. The data is useless!

Yet, the videos are fun to watch. They kill time when all the cars are clean and feed the car detailing obsession most of us have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use a total thickness gauge on every vehicle I paint correct and the information it gives me is never useless..

Gloss meters???? I remember when they first came out, and perhaps they serve a purpose for some, and that`s fine too...

I prefer to take the paint corrected vehicle outside in the sun and see if I can read small print from the reflection with my eye gloss meters..

Since it is all about how - straight- the light reflects -back- to your eyes, all of my paint corrected vehicles will absolutely blind you if you look at the sun reflection for just a few seconds..

Never had a complaint that it`s not clear, flat, and glossy enough..
    Dan F

Thread Information