Post Thanks / Like

What to try first

I am trying to remove some swirls in a Volkswagen if I can’t get the swirls out, do you guys try a different compound/ polish first or do you try a different pad on the polisher first ?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What to try first

Quote Originally Posted by Dynoguy View Post
    I am trying to remove some swirls in a Volkswagen if I can’t get the swirls out, do you guys try a different compound/ polish first or do you try a different pad on the polisher first ?
    I start with the lightest and work my way up (aggressive) if needed. If you know the paint or see damage you know a lighter polish won’t fix, obviously start with a more aggressive solution. This holds true for both polish and pads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What to try first

Quote Originally Posted by Dynoguy View Post
    You have to look at your combinations of pads and polishes/compounds to try to identify the least aggressive combination that will address the swirls. So you could try a compound with a less aggressive pad if you just tried that pad with a polish and see if that corrects it. From there you might go to a more aggressive pad but back with a med polish to see if that works before breaking out a coarse pad and coarse polish. Good luck.

Thread Information