Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Stuff that you Keep Around but Don`t Use Ever

Did some cleanup..and more purging. Keep the mild and wild stuff just for those - well I might need something as mild as this or I need extra strong
    Threw out 3/4 gal jug of Meguiars Wheel Brighter and about 10+ bottles of P21S Wheel Cleaner yesterday. It was time to let it go

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Stuff that you Keep Around but Don`t Use Ever

Been doing the same since I’m in the middle of a move. Had good luck “selling” it on FB market. If you list for free all the idiots ask stupid questions. Sell a box of stuff for $5 and usually an aspiring detailer comes around.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have a gigantic tote full of stuff like that. XMT polishes, NXT tech wax, glazes, M105/205, hardly used pads, blah blah.
    Just don`t have the heart to toss it... probably spent $800-$1,500 and its just sitting there, not getting used.

Selling on FB market to aspiring detailer is interesting idea.

Post Thanks / Like

And of course, recent buys is like the Costco Mentality. 150ml for X dollars. You pay twice the price and you get 1Liter
    So here I am with a box of three 1L jugs of leather stuff . \

I have not touched but I should - filter out my Buffer stash.
    I have those $$$$ 3M Rotary Pads, and it shows....how old I am, but I have those special Dodo Mini Backing Pads back when they were making them for Roto`s.

Post Thanks / Like

Do the same every so often. If I think, I`ll need it I save it. If not, trash it go`s.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

I have purged so many in the wax, polishes world. Just keeping select edits.......
    I`ve done the donate but more like leave it out on the street in a clear bag - bagful of detailing goodies.
    Never again. Takes one person to run the experience.

Someone must have wanted just the bottles as onc time, all the contents were spilled onto the street, bottles were gone.....and some of that stuff like CG CWAG takes forever, and get`s baked into the road.

Post Thanks / Like

This is the result of catching the bug and buying everything that anyone else talks about lol. I fell for it the first year or so. I no longer buy the next cool thing that gets posted here and dont have this problem
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

i just gave my friend next door a box full of detailing supplies

Post Thanks / Like

Stuff that you Keep Around but Don`t Use Ever

Quote Originally Posted by PA DETAILER View Post
    Do the same every so often. If I think, I`ll need it I save it. If not, trash it go`s.
    I’ve moved twice in the last 10 months…where to begin? Stuff that you Keep Around but Don`t Use Ever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Post Thanks / Like

I have a friend who is a volunteer fireman and I give him some of my stuff for the fire trucks.
    2014 Ford Mustang GT Track Pack- Black
    2015 Chevrolet Silverado- Summit White
    2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited- Silver
    Likes 65chevy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Funny you should make this a thread topic at this time!
    My other half has asked me to go through my detailing supplies, as my rather large new order from The Autopia Store (gotta support this forum or I would be a hypocrite) to replenish my almost out-of supplies has arrived.
    It is REALLY hard for me to let go of some of the stuff, being a self-appointed Autopia Forum product historian, as I hold on to it just to make reference from those labels in forum topics. Reference: Products You Don`t Hear Too Much About Anymore...
    Will I ever use that unopened Turtle Wax Poly Shell System box set? NO, because my now-deceased mom bought it for me to use on the family LTD Crown Victoria in probably late 1978-early 1979. I already had a box set I used on my own black `77 Mercury Monarch, and yes, I used my own TW-PSS on the Crown Vicky. Good stuff in the day.
    Then there is the Toyota Car Care box set of products I bought from the local Toyota dealer when I bought my red 1985 MR2. I think I only used the chrome cleaner out of it on the exhaust tips as that really is the only chrome on the entire car! I did use the chrome cleaner on other cars, like my mom-and dads`s dark blue `84 Mercury Marquis with a lot of chrome on it.
    Then there are pre-VOC PPG DX440 and DX330 Wax and Grease pre-paint cleaners. LONG before there were panel wipe cleaners, there were these. NOTHING comes close to using these to cleaning door jams of factory hinge grease or removing dried paste wax from emblems and insignia`s left behind by less-than-Autopian detailers, but both of those fluids are almost gone.

So PM me if you have some waxes you are going to throw out. We`ll work out a deal to cover shipping! (Just do not tell my better half how it got here)
    GB detailer
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yessir!

Been getting rid of stuff little by little. Sold off a "lot" for cheap to an aspiring detailer. his business has grown a bit, and nowi just give him stuff for free.

Just two days ago I ran across products I had long forgotten about. Wolf`s Chemicals. They had "expire" dates on their labels. haha... goes back to 2013.

Some paste waxes, i don`t think i`ll ever get rid of. My Dodos samples, i bought with the intent of not actually using them. strange, i know. I just like the colors.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve purged a ton of stuff over the past year. However, just don`t know what to do with my PC 7424. It was my first polisher when I got the detailing bug back in 2009 so it has "some" sentimental value to it. My GG6 replaced it and since then I`ve acquired several other polishers so it no longer serves a purpose for me, especially since I`m just an enthusiast. I would gladly give it to someone locally but technology has improved so much I don`t think anyone even has a need for it anymore.

Post Thanks / Like

maybe some one just starting out would like it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 65chevy View Post
    maybe some one just starting out would like it
    you would think so but..... a while back I offered it along with some surplus pads, compound, polish and lsp as a starter package. Granted, the chemicals weren`t the latest flavor of the month but were very usable. Oh well, every now and then I pull it out and use some KAIO to bring back memories of how I started!
    Likes majsmith liked this post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information