Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Who`s using a spray bottle that cost more>>>> $5 Per Bottle

The only *upper end bottle* I got was the IK 3 gallon large foaming sprayer , just to see what the fuzz and flavor was all about......
    it`s really just the same as the various garden/pesticide/sprayer I have already ....and on some of these, like any hobby, I probably have like $80-$100 invested in wands/nozzle tips for these sprayers and like $40 in just the sprayer body itself . Ha

The fancy foam sprayers is just a Foaming Tee jet head with a atomizer for the the most part....

I`ve never felt the need to get a GoPizer, IK, etc handheld bottle sprayer...

For me, I mainly LOVE the 24 oz spray bottles. It`s a perfect size for interior spray, dedicated water, etc.
    Some stuff may get annoying as I need to refill more often, but size/volume to overall handling, it`s just my thing....

I`ve got some extra rainy day funds and somehow I find myself looking at those IK sprayers and second guessing what am I missing out with those >>>$5 sprayer bottle setups..
    Maybe just one fancy pants 1 liter one for wheel cleaner.
    And then of course I will want another one for X. When does it stop ;-0

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who`s using a spray bottle that cost more $5 Per Bottle

I bought a couple of the CarPro spray bottles a month ago, very nice, but not remarkable. They do have the marks on the side for e-z mixing of your favorite chem.

Also bought a 2L pump sprayer from Poland made by MAROLEX. Quite nice, but $40 by the time it touched down in the USA. High quality piece. We`ll have to see if it lasts.

I`ve got a couple of the basic Chapin sprayers, not expensive, still working perfect after a couple of years.

Post Thanks / Like

hi tom....was looking at the Marolex as well. More than a few reviews had negatives. Did not look much after the....$40 is like 8 bottles, albeit....USPlastic shipping is like $24+ dollars.....

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who`s using a spray bottle that cost more>>>> $5 Per Bottle

My Marolex foamer sucks. Clogs up. The regular one is nice but I like the ik’s.

I like that I can pump up once and waterless a car. I only use foamers for Ammo Frothe and the big IK for Bilt Hamber Pre washes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

The large sprayer, when I got it delivered.....I was saying this is just a regular sprayer, if not even -lesser quality- in build. Plastic not as thick walled, etc as my sprayers (I have seperate ones for lawn apps, insecticide, fungacide, etc).
    You can go down the rabbit hole making your sprayer wand/rig/head/etc and end up spending 3X on a nozzle/wand setup than the sprayer body

Spray Equipment, Sprayer Parts & Accessories | Sprayer Depot

Post Thanks / Like

For the most part I’m cheap and just re-use bottles from other stuff.

I’ve got several products that are in old windex bottles, one Rinseless pre-treat/clay lube/window cleaner in an old meguiars quick detailer bottle, plus various glass concoctions in old sonax glass cleaner bottles.

For Frothe, I just gave Larry some support $ and got the pump up foamer from him.

Otherwise, the one sprayer I did buy is a battery powered plant mister from the big A. $20. I use one at work with ONR for cleaning underhood plastics after repair work, and I got one for home that I use with Rinseless Wash for pre-treating panels. Works really well to apply an even coat, and no pumping. I’ll have to jump on Tapatalk later to post a picture if you’re interested in the spray pattern. It’s adjustable, but I set it to a heavy mist.

Post Thanks / Like

I have the SPTA cordless sprayer/foamer. It was ~$50 when I got it as a gift but it goes for $75 now. It`s worked well for me. The battery is probably oversized. So it could probably be a little lighter. Given the number of 1-star reviews on it, I probably would have hesitated if I was buying one now. I see there`s a Tovia cordless sprayer that a detailing retailer is selling their version of for $40.

Post Thanks / Like

Tovia is the brand of my plant mister. So far they’ve worked well, but not running anything high or low PH through them. Only downside is they’re not terribly well sealed internally, so if you knocked the bottle over you might get liquid in the spray head area. One of those since-it’s-cheap-I-don’t-mind-that-much kinda things.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who`s using a spray bottle that cost more>>>> $5 Per Bottle

I have used ik sprayers, kwazar, pressol, us plastics, and tolco. My favorite is the pressol by a large margin with Ik being second.
    Likes JustJesus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve tried Kwazar, pressol and IK.

I prefer them in that order.

But I throw away the junk bottles that come with them and try to standardize using the Griots bottle style

edit:
    this:
    Likes tom p., JustJesus liked this post
    Thanks JustJesus thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I dont fall for the super expensive. I have been very happy with the bottles I get from US Plastics and the OPUS sprayers from them too
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

My favorite nozzle is the last generation Spray 9 (32oz) bottle. I horded them from dealerships i worked at, prob have 25 in service, 5 pre-cleaned, and a dozen back up nozzles.
    My cheap azz aint payin $8 for a nozzle, but im sure it could be better.

Post Thanks / Like

I`ve dropped a few bottles.....some spray heads eventually just go bad over time for no rhyme or reason. Or maybe it`s just from use..... Either a bad spring, or ball in it, piston etc.
    PET bottle looks kewel but the HDPE takes a beating. IMO they -wear better- as PET bottles IMO show dings, sometimes takes on coloration of the product so it`s not 100& clear over time...
    I still have 3 Griots PET bottles with the Griots Cap. Shampoo, Cheap Shampoo, and Foam. Why. Cause I use this product the most and it just looks great.
    For practicality, a HDPE with a flip cap where I just squeeze out a smidge is probably more usabily in precise glug-glug dispensing.

On the OP, where you can go wild with the handheld compression sprayer by spending $$ with teejets and adapters, but I can change orifice size, spray patten - basically full control of what it outputs. So basically I control that atomization output/pattern it puts out.
    NOW, if I can achieve this on the same level in a handheld 24 oz....I would have no issues spending the spend. This would be perfect when you want detailed spray output when working the interiors or how I clean my steering wheels..

Since I can achieve that, just ordered me up some more trusty Tolco spray heads...

Post Thanks / Like

Good spray bottles are so nice to have. It can ruin the experience if the bottle sucks.

I use the red/white Professional sprayers made by Uineko from Amazon. I also bought an IK Pro Foam 12. Used it last week. Works well. I also have a Marolex 2000 sprayer I really like for pretreating the wheels with OPC and ONR for RW.

Post Thanks / Like

One sprayer/nozzle bottle I "dislike" is SprayMaster Heavy Duty bottle and sprayer. The supposedly chemical-resistant sprayer says its guaranteed for 5-years, but my real-world experience says using it with an acid-based brake-dust cleaner is two or three applications, despite careful rinsing after its use. The bottle is OK, but its sprayer-head is terrible. Add to the fact its spray pattern and amount that come out is "abundant" and not easily adjustable to control makes it more undesirable. Might be great for distilled water rinsing/dispersion, but for car-care chemicals, it a looser.

By the way, thanks to those Autopians who are posting here about various nozzle sprayer heads and bottles experiences and uses. Its a very important detailing tool we all use.

I also appreciate those of you who tell about "re-purposing" sprayer heads and bottles from OEM car-care products. I think we have all done that. While it might be seen as hoarding old, throw-away items, anyone who has broken a sprayer nozzle head or bottle after inadvertently or accidentally dropping or knocking off said items and damaging them know the advantage of having a readily available back-up to continue working, not to mention the expense savings of a car-care chemical fluid to transfer into a different bottle.
    GB detailer

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information