Post Thanks / Like

PPF Edge Lifting

Hey guys,

SO I need some help. On my 21 Wrangler, the edge is lifting on the PPF on my rear fender (only one is impacted) and this was the 3rd attempt to get them done in PPF.

How can I fix this? I can push it down with my finger, and it says for a bit, but eventually lifts.

There`s *some* dust under it, no dirt or debris otherwise... so I`m thinking of doing this:

Step 1: rinse with water/soap mix sprayed in misted

Step 2: flush it out by "wiping" down with a CC to flatten it out and knock the water out

Step 3: put light packing tape on it, attached to the fender lip (plastic trim) to hold it down over night

Step 4: remove tape, pulling from top of fender down while pushing down to ensure I`m not "lifting" at the ppf when removing

Any other tips you may have?

Thanks in advance

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: PPF Edge Lifting

You need to take it back to the people who installed it, and tell them to fix it...

They have a certain type of glue they use..

But they really need to fix it so it is fixed forever, and you do not have issues with it later...

Good luck with this..
    Dan F

Post Thanks / Like

They won’t fix it. I’ve already asked.

is there anything I can do from home? There’s no one else that installs PPF locally.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by AnonCanadian View Post
    They won’t fix it. I’ve already asked.

is there anything I can do from home? There’s no one else that installs PPF locally.
    AnonCanadian ----

I find it amazing that the people I assume, who installed it, are refusing to fix their problem...

Knowing absolutely nothing about this install, the best I can tell you is to get some clear glue, clean the lifted area out really well, use Q-tips, insure it is perfectly dry, carefully lift it, trying to not lift it anymore than it is already lifted, carefully put some clear glue in there, just a thin layer, press it down, hold it, long enough for the glue to attach, and let it go..
    I am not sure, that taping it and then pulling the tape will always work... You can try it, and see what happens... I would never use tape to hold it down and then try to get the tape off...

Clear bra places never use tape, etc., anything after they install their product... It dries, they look at it, make sure it`s good, and then you pick up your vehicle..

I have had 6 personal vehicles done successfully with ppf, so I have a little bit of knowledge about it...

If you talk to those people, perhaps ask them what they would use to fix this, and go from there...

Just looked out in my garage and I have a tube of a clear glue product that is called Seal-All.. Yellow color tube... I think I got it on Amazon...

If I had this issue, I would probably use this if I could not get the product the clear bra people use...

Good luck !
    Dan F

Thread Information