Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ppf/clear bra

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ppf/clear bra

Cayman so what way is actually cheaper when getting ppf the packages already made up or pick and choose a la cart style. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bull6791 View Post
    Cayman so what way is actually cheaper when getting ppf the packages already made up or pick and choose a la cart style. Thanks.
    As with many things, all depends on individual situation. Maybe shop doesn`t want or need to deal with a panel `pick and choose` client so you`ll probably get a pricier quote. If just adding a panel or 2 to a standard high-impact package, it will be priced accordingly w the additions.

No universal answer aside from `it depends`. Not many shops likely wanna deal with a ground up "I want a fender and rocker panel but no lower door, windshield frame and no sideview mirrors, trunk lid, half of the front bumper without the radiator openings".

The packages exist for everyonels peace of mind and to insure expectations are in line with reality.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Off topic or on....been thinking about this. Similar to car coatings & *authorized installers* , I wonder what the kickback is to be a authorized installer for a particular film - to be on their -map- list/location/authorized..
    Is it same/similar in the models like coatings.

I posted this eon`s ago. On one particular coating manuf, one of those authorized shops is a riot...I recall peanut oil being used on trim.

I`ll have to check but I think my -preferred shop- is only on 1 of the big 3 brands.....they can install all 3.

Post Thanks / Like

I never thought about them getting a kick back. I don’t know if they get one or not.

Post Thanks / Like

When ever I get a new car I am going to put ppf on front end then do rest of car with either can can that Cayman recommended or COLLINITE 845.
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe we said this before. How do you take care of ppf. Also can you put coatings or sealants on top of it or no. Thanks

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has their own favorites but one thing I always liked was SONAX Polymer NETSHIELD.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Bull -

Circling back on this as you asked what is a good/bad install. Aside from my previous reply, here is one example that I saw. The front bumper wrap was slightly -undercut by a 1/8"- as the film was applied to the bumper edge - aka, nothing was needed to be removed in order install (lights, parking sensor trim, etc) Depends if you get a wrapped edge or even a -cut- to edge, but things will need to get removed for best - aestheics- install. Depends on well the person looking at this may see it... Anyhow, little details like this

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bull6791 View Post
    When ever I get a new car I am going to put ppf on front end then do rest of car with either can can that Cayman recommended or COLLINITE 845.
    I have Xpel on my cars, along with coatings and I wash the PPF areas the same way I wash the rest of the cars.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information