Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Ever reach the “why bother” point in your life?

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiidude View Post
    I get this. We have been leasing my wife`s car. I bought the gallon concentrate of nanoskin supercharger (1:100 dilution, I will never ever run out of it).

I use it every time I wash. Just spray on while wet and then hose off and dry the car. It`s not bad and for the price, it`s amazing. After 3 years, the car still looked pretty good with just using this product. My truck that I own I go through he whole shebang process of ceramic coatings. I`ve asked myself so many times, what`s the point?
    Good to hear from you again Michael! I just looked up Nanoskin Supercharger and choked at the price of a gallon compared to the 16oz size. But like you said, it is diluted 100 times compared to RTU. Any chance you have compared it to other similar products such as Wetcoat? But I’m seriously considering something like this too, at least for my wife and kid’s vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure who Michael is?

I was able to purchase the gallon for $55 on amazon. That will make 100+ gallons of the stuff.

Not as good as wetcoat. But beats it in ease of use and definitely COST.
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Not sure who Michael is?

I was able to purchase the gallon for $55 on amazon. That will make 100+ gallons of the stuff.

Not as good as wetcoat. But beats it in ease of use and definitely COST.
    Thanks man! Sorry, I thought you were Chilly from AutoGeekOnline.

Thanks for the feedback. Heck of a deal you found as it is not available at the Big A right now and is going for $169 via Nanoskin.

Post Thanks / Like

Still, $169 is a good deal. Thats 800 16 ounce bottles worth. So you would save $6231.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Great topic!

I run in peaks and valleys as most driveway detailers probably do. I make notes on the calendar when each car was last "waxed". Some times of the year I`m aggressive and proactive. Other times I`m tied up on other things and don`t have time besides a "quickie" wash. I`m deep in many different brands of product and have too many polishers.

I guess I`m normal compared to others here!

Post Thanks / Like

I get this. We have been leasing my wife`s car.
    We`ve debated leasing something just so we`d have one vehicle that doesn`t matter. I used to buy a Disposable Car when life got busy, just drive it and settle for maybe an ~85%-Autopian level of Detailing and then trade it in (no dealer *ever* thought they needed to be better, just put `em right on the lot/showroom in that shape). With a new puppy about to monopolize my life I`m debating just what to do...

Post Thanks / Like

Watch some of Yvans videos on YT. He has really brought things to light for me that I was being too crazy. Simplify
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe

Post Thanks / Like

dcjredline- Noting that your vehicles, like mine, aren`t exactly new...what could be "too crazy"?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dcjredline View Post
    Watch some of Yvans videos on YT. He has really brought things to light for me that I was being too crazy. Simplify
    I hope it`s not simplifying by buying just a few more products...lol. That`s how most of us ended up here.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    We`ve debated leasing something just so we`d have one vehicle that doesn`t matter. I used to buy a Disposable Car when life got busy, just drive it and settle for maybe an ~85%-Autopian level of Detailing and then trade it in (no dealer *ever* thought they needed to be better, just put `em right on the lot/showroom in that shape). With a new puppy about to monopolize my life I`m debating just what to do...
    I’ve never believed in leasing but after doing it, and you can afford it, it’s really nice. Wife gets a new car every 3 years and I don’t have to do anything to it besides occasional wash. Honda is really good with leasing.

it makes taking care of the truck we own so much better. It get pampered.

Post Thanks / Like

You want a good looking car buy a white or a silver car, use a spray wax like Griot 3 to 1, clay once a year and enjoy your life.
    Likes Dan, RPPM liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nan_wpg View Post
    most people don’t care about their cars. ... They just want clean and shiny.

has anyone reached the point of “stepping it down” instead of stepping it up?
    I reached that point WAY early. Partly based on owner`s budget, and partly because I was seeing how easily people are impressed with clean and shiny.
    I`ve had a few tell me what a nice difference I`ve made....and it was only a decon wash!
    Likes John U, dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I’ve never believed in leasing but after doing it, and you can afford it, it’s really nice. Wife gets a new car every 3 years and I don’t have to do anything to it besides occasional wash. Honda is really good with leasing.

it makes taking care of the truck we own so much better. It get pampered.
    The key IMO is factory subsidized leases, otherwise it`s just better to "self lease." I`ve been self leasing to myself for ages lol. For a while it was 6mos leases!

Post Thanks / Like

Here`s another reason for "why bother": Detailing is a physically-demanding activity, whether you do it occasionally as hobby OR all the time as a professional as a job or self-owned business. The older you get, the harder it is to do what you used to do, even compared to 5 years ago. There is that saying, "There are no old detailers. They retire early, or just slow down." I know that "old" feeling first hand, but I still "try" to do what I did 10 or 15 years ago, but I physically cannot. Aches and pains or age-related degenerative conditions (arthritis, worn bone joints, or in my case, partially torn meniscus) "inhibit" those detailing activities. SO, you do what you can do detailing-wise. Not that you CAN`T do it; it`s just more difficult to do everything or now it just takes a little longer to do that full detail. It`s not so much, "why bother"; more like "it will take me two days and 8 ibuprofen to recover" after I complete a full detail, so is it worth it? I know it`s "no pain, no gain" but sometimes I will put off semi-annual full detail and maybe contemplate doing one-a-year now OR maybe do part of it one week and another part of it some time later.
    As a younger middle-aged person I laughed at older individuals who told me about their aches and pains in life and reprimanded me with "What `til you get to be my age; you`ll understand. That is IF you get to be this age!" Well I ain`t laughing anymore. I can relate to their aging health experiences.

Sometimes "why bother" is not so much about the vehicle as it is yourself!

Or one of those funny, not-so-funny quotes that an older retired associate once told me, "If I had known I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself in my younger days." Food for thought...!
    GB detailer
    Likes 65chevy liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I do enjoy keeping my car clean, but at my age its getting harder.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information