Post Thanks / Like

Fabric protectant 2022

So asked this also on the sister site, but can add some names here.
    So I know the detailing world moves fast, so many great companies with great products, but for the most part nobody reinvents the wheel. So glancing at fabric (interior) protectants, there are some solid choices - Adam`s, Blackfire, 303, DP, Dr Beasley`s, Carpro, Glassparency, Gtechniq, Gyeon, Griots, HD, Hydrosilex, Mckee`s, Optimum, P&S, TAC, Xtreme Solutions, etc. With some offerings like Polish Angel aside for special occasions lol. So with prices varied, just curious if most every brand is basically using the same technologies, like ingredients, but at differing amounts?
    So asking, is just reaching for the best $$/value option the best choice, or is there a brand that has maybe come out with a product better than the rest recently?

PS, there are probably more, these are just the ones I found.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Fabric protectant 2022

You forgot THE most famous fabric protectant: 3M`s Scotchguard. That aerosol spray can was(is?) available over-the-counter and the "pro-version" used by many new-car dealers back in the day as a dealer-installed add-on (AKA, Additional Dealer Option Fee).

Value wise, i think 303`s Fabric Guard would be a good choice. Yes, it is designed for outdoor fabrics, but if ultimate repellancy is desired, this is the product to use.
    See the Autopia Store`s 303 Fabric Guard - 32 oz.
    and read the reviews.

I clean with Optimum`s Carpet and Fabric Cleaner-&-Protectant. The supposedly built-in fabric protectants remain after cleaning without any additional application. Personally, I am not big fan of fabric protectants, BUT for someone else, like a client who has young people or little ones that may eat and drink inside vehicles with fabric seats (think family vans or SUVs taking them to whatever sports practice or game and eating fast foods on-the-go), fabric protectants are a necessity (to them anyway).
    GB detailer
    Likes craigdt, Silly Rabbit liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    You forgot THE most famous fabric protectant: 3M`s Scotchguard. That aerosol spray can was(is?) available over-the-counter and the "pro-version" used by many new-car dealers back in the day as a dealer-installed add-on (AKA, Additional Dealer Option Fee).

Value wise, i think 303`s Fabric Guard would be a good choice. Yes, it is designed for outdoor fabrics, but if ultimate repellancy is desired, this is the product to use.
    See the Autopia Store`s 303 Fabric Guard - 32 oz.
    and read the reviews.

I clean with Optimum`s Carpet and Fabric Cleaner-&-Protectant. The supposedly built-in fabric protectants remain after cleaning without any additional application. Personally, I am not big fan of fabric protectants, BUT for someone else, like a client who has young people or little ones that may eat and drink inside vehicles with fabric seats (think family vans or SUVs taking them to whatever sports practice or game and eating fast foods on-the-go), fabric protectants are a necessity (to them anyway).
    This is great info, thanks.

Piggybacking of the OP`s questions, whats the difference between the 3M Fabricguard and say, Ultima Interior Guard Plus?

I used it once and just wasn`t impressed, and haven`t used an interior protectant since.

Post Thanks / Like

Are you looking at "normal" interior fabric or microsuede/alcantera like fabric? My current car has microsuede pannels on the doors, dash, and it covers the seating surfaces. I used Dr. Beasley`s microsuede cleaner and protectant on those surfaces. Looks good so far, but the car is still new and I take really good care of it.

My only warning would be to cover/mask off EVERYTHING around the surfaces you`ll be applying the protectant. I thought I did enough, but still ended up getting some overspray on the windows and that stuff is REALLY hard to get off glass!
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes Silly Rabbit liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post
    Are you looking at "normal" interior fabric or microsuede/alcantera like fabric? My current car has microsuede pannels on the doors, dash, and it covers the seating surfaces. I used Dr. Beasley`s microsuede cleaner and protectant on those surfaces. Looks good so far, but the car is still new and I take really good care of it.

My only warning would be to cover/mask off EVERYTHING around the surfaces you`ll be applying the protectant. I thought I did enough, but still ended up getting some overspray on the windows and that stuff is REALLY hard to get off glass!
    Yikes, good to know on the excessive overspray. I am just looking for interior carpet and fabric seat protection, to help with spills and such. And maybe for runners and shoes... bought a cheap pair for when washing, help maybe keep some of the water from sinking in if I get hose blowback, lol.

Thread Information