Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Gyeon Q2 Pure Evo experience

On another note I am not looking forward to reciting. I have so much road tar stuck to my paint. Lots of repaving going on in my area.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiidude View Post
    I`m well past the 2 year mark on the coating. It is starting to fade a bit on the roof. I have been topping with griots ceramic wash and it`s been helping a lot. But the coating is still pretty solid besides the roof. Hood and sides are awesome. Still beads, still shiny. I am going to redo the coating in March. I highly recommend. I cannot comment on Mohs Evo as I have not tried it.

Dirt and grime is the enemy I have found (guess this is true for any coating). The front of the rear quarter panel was first to fade. It catches a lot of road dirt and mud. Coating was clearly affected. I went back with the remaining product from the bottle and tried to spot coat the area. I didn`t prep well so it wasn`t spectacular.
    Good to know, pretty much set on Pure at this point, debating if I want to top it with CanCoat, not sure if I would use much of it after topping the Pure.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Celticsfan View Post
    Good to know, pretty much set on Pure at this point, debating if I want to top it with CanCoat, not sure if I would use much of it after topping the Pure.
    Just do a second coat of Pure… you’ll have enough yet and Gyeon states it should add a year of protection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

If you do two layers of Pure, do them right together. Don`t wait a long period of time.

On my car I did one layer and was extremely happy with the results. A couple months later after talking to folks they mentioned how good, two layers looked. Since I had plenty of product left over I gave the car a good wash and a wipe down with Eraser, and applied a second layer. I wasn`t all that happy with the results. While it still looks OK, the depth of the shine isn`t the same and neither is the clarity. To the untrained eye, my car still looks great, but I know the difference. Using things like Amplify and Gyeon Ceramic detailer sure helped make it look better. I can`t help but wonder if there was something else on there getting in the way or the product was just old enough it wasn`t curing properly.

I left the car as-is after that point and since it`s now been two years, I`ll polish everything off and try again...and will stick with just one layer.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah do second layer same day hour apart

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I did 2 layers when I applied the first time. Not sure if I mentioned that. I still had product left over but I did have the bigger bottle (50ml?).

Post Thanks / Like

Sounds good, think I’m going to go that route, 2 layers for as much coverage as I can get. Keep it simple.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information