Thread: Autopia order

Post Thanks / Like

Autopia order

Recently ordered 2 4L bottles of carpro reset from autopia and was disappointed to recieve 8 1L bottles. Now i know they are equivalent but definitely not the same as I was looking for the bigger bottle to store not many little ones. Any thoughts on this?

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Autopia order

I think personally I`d prefer the smaller bottles if I could get them at the "bulk" price of the larger bottles.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you call them back and ask them why they sent you the little bottles ?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    Did you call them back and ask them why they sent you the little bottles ?
    No i did not I first got an email saying it was out of stock so shipment was delayed until they get more. Did not think it would turn out to be this. Not sure what calling them would do. I prefer to use it in the larger container its easier for me to store since its less bottles to deal with.

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you can scavenge a gallon jug from one of your other products or something else in your household (milk, laundry detergent, etc.). Or you can certainly buy containers on line or in the supermarket. Since you don`t want to contact the store, I`m not sure what else to tell you, other than you could look at the bright side and think about how nice they were to send you $216 worth of Reset when you only payed $180, instead of making you wait for them to get the 4L back in stock.

Post Thanks / Like

Hmm. They`ve always asked me if I wanted to sub something that wasn`t in stock. Very responsive.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Setec Astronomy View Post
    Maybe you can scavenge a gallon jug from one of your other products or something else in your household (milk, laundry detergent, etc.). Or you can certainly buy containers on line or in the supermarket. Since you don`t want to contact the store, I`m not sure what else to tell you, other than you could look at the bright side and think about how nice they were to send you $216 worth of Reset when you only payed $180, instead of making you wait for them to get the 4L back in stock.
    I just contacted them and some guy said no ETA on 4L so sent the equivalent yeah that is correct but equivalent is not equal. Probably making a bigger deal out of it but I really cant store many small bottles like that so its rather disappointing.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not good with spatial relations, but it`s hard for me to imagine standing up 4 1 liter bottles really takes up much more space than a 4 liter jug. I just took a CarPro 4L jug and stood an Optimum quart bottle next to it...and it`s hard for me to imagine a space so small that you can`t fit 8 1 liter bottles where you were going to put 2 4 liter jugs, but like I said...I`m not good at this kind of thing.

Perhaps since Autopia Car Care gave you product worth more than you paid, you can find someone to buy the 1 liter bottles from you at the going price, and then you can buy the 4L from somewhere else.

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not good with spatial relations, but it`s hard for me to imagine standing up 4 1 liter bottles really takes up much more space than a 4 liter jug. I just took a CarPro 4L jug and stood an Optimum quart bottle next to it...and it`s hard for me to imagine a space so small that you can`t fit 8 1 liter bottles where you were going to put 2 4 liter jugs, but like I said...I`m not good at this kind of thing.

Perhaps since Autopia Car Care gave you product worth more than you paid, you can find someone to buy the 1 liter bottles from you at the going price, and then you can buy the 4L from somewhere else.
    8 pieces vs 2 pieces. simple. point of this is I want what I ordered if I wanted 8 1L I wouldve ordered that I think its common sense.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bolts View Post
    8 pieces vs 2 pieces. simple. point of this is I want what I ordered if I wanted 8 1L I wouldve ordered that I think its common sense.
    Then clearly you need to call back and firmly tell them you didn`t get what you ordered and you want to return it for a refund.

Post Thanks / Like

Then clearly you need to call back and firmly tell them you didn`t get what you ordered and you want to return it for a refund.
    Its complicated as I dont live on the continental mainland so that probably wouldnt work out.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bolts View Post
    Recently ordered 2 4L bottles of carpro reset from autopia and was disappointed to recieve 8 1L bottles. Now i know they are equivalent but definitely not the same as I was looking for the bigger bottle to store not many little ones. Any thoughts on this?
    Just out of curiosity, did you make this purchase during a sale? I`ve not seen it on sale anywhere else. Perhaps it would have been better if they`d reached out to you first, explained that they had no 4L bottles and told you they could send you 8 1L bottles...and leave the choice up to you? When you ordered it, did the 4l bottles show as in stock?

Post Thanks / Like

Last time I ordered a gallon of Speed from here they sent 4 quarts. The problem with this is a lot of the product sticks to the side of the bottle therefore costing me money.
    I think the reason they don`t stock gallons )of certain products) is the overhead costs.

Thread Information