Post Thanks / Like

Revisited an old friend: ZAIO

So I am prepping my truck for sale or trade in and wanted to give it a quick polish with something easy to use. I pulled out my 10+ year old Zaino AIO cause I didn`t have to spend any money and know how easy it is to use. I have to say, it still is one of the easiest AIOs to use and the results are pretty good! Too bad it didn`t last longer or I would still consider using it. It cleans, polishes and coats really well with a porter cable.

I wonder if it can be topped with a ceramic coating?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Stokdgs, CleanIt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Revisited an old friend: ZAIOui

Cool that something `that old` (LOL) still performs well! Doesn`t look too shabby at all!

You could top it with a coating, but it would be a waste of time/product as it wouldn`t bond/cure/adhere to the AIO protection that it already on there.
    Scott Harle
    www.autodermatology.com
    Autodermatology
    Serving Naples and SW Florida
    Instagram: www.instagram.com/autodermatology
    Facebook: www.facebook.com/autodermatology
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I have some of this too that I was considering using on my b-pillars.

Post Thanks / Like

I’m not sure why there’s an “ui” at the end of the title thread in the list but not here.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by hawaiidude View Post
    I’m not sure why there’s an “ui” at the end of the title thread in the list but not here.
    hawaiidude2188972 --

Wow, that pic looks great! You did a great job !

Over 20 years ago I started using all the Zaino line products and they were all great for that time..
    Have used Zaino AIO exclusively on all the Interior painted trim that shows all those little scratches in it, and have had great success with it there..
    You just have to use softest microfiber, rub it gently in straight lines, no circular, let it dry for a second and wipe it off with another soft microfiber..
    Works wonders..
    All my Clients that drive German, British, and Italian vehicles, always have a lot of that beautiful painted trim inside and across all the doors, etc., and this product always makes their Interior Trim stand out and last a long time before I see them again..

Regarding your question about adding a coating over it - I think it may last as long as the AIO lasts on the surface and will then go away with the AIO..
    Have had the best long term results paint correcting at whatever level it needs, then a good wipedown with a known, good product, then apply the coating with the best overhead and side lights, always at least 2 layers, let it dry AND cure as long as possible inside, and then out it goes, see you in a few years..

My company a long time ago used to buy all the Papayas from your islands (I believe they were on Hilo) and sell them across the States. I had the extreme pleasure of meeting a lot of those people who grew, harvested, cooled, and shipped them to us, and they were always, always, the nicest, most decent people I had ever met..

If I ever get married again, I will try really hard to spend 7 days and nights at the Grand Wailea Hotel on Maui - wow - what an incredible place with again, the nicest people who work there !

Dan F
    Likes screamng, TTBear, danlc95 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Happy New Year, Dan! I just saw "Grand Wailea Hotel on Maui", and had to reply. We haven`t stayed there, but we did have brunch there, and then supper one night, when we were in Maui for a conference. GREAT, great people there for sure. We will definitely go back.

And I must admit I did get a little nostalgic, reading about Zaino. I remember all too well, how great their products were at the time (although there were always detractors, hahaha). Their AIO was just so easy. I still used their leather cleaner up until a few years ago!
    Anima sana in corpore sano

Current:

2020 Lamborghini Huracán EVO
    2023 BMW X4M Competition
    2019 BMW M2 Competition
    2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster
    Likes danlc95, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Allan, mi Amigo !!

How are you guys doing ?? Happy New Year to you and yours !

Yes, the Grand Wailea Hotel - the Best !! Not like those huge highrise things around, less people, very good food, a perfect beach, the absolute best Vibe that comes with the people and the territory... The nicest people work there..

Yes, Zaino ! I still use their Leather Soft, Z9 Cleaner, and Z10, Leather In A Bottle for those Clients that want perfect conditioning, and the Leather Smell...

And like I said earlier, their All In One, Cleaner Polish Protectant = the perfect product for making all that beautiful painted trim inside perfect again..

Take Care !
    Dan F
    Likes TTBear liked this post
    Thanks TTBear thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

All is well here, Dan, thanks! Stepping down slightly - my wife and I moved into the city, and now just work regular 40 hour weeks, haha. We are loving the free time - about a month in, we were actually sitting watching TV, and I said "Holy $hit Mary - we actually have to talk to each other now", hahaha. Time is such a treasure! Wishing you and yours all the very best!

Take good care!!!

Current:

2023 BMW X4M Competition
    2019 BMW M2 Competition
    2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster
    Likes Stokdgs, dgage liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
    All is well here, Dan, thanks! Stepping down slightly - my wife and I moved into the city, and now just work regular 40 hour weeks, haha. We are loving the free time - about a month in, we were actually sitting watching TV, and I said "Holy $hit Mary - we actually have to talk to each other now", hahaha. Time is such a treasure! Wishing you and yours all the very best!

Take good care!!!
    Dear Friend Allan,
    I am so happy that you are experiencing free time ! I know, we work hard for decades and then - what is this??? It is not normal ! (At first.. )
    So great for you guys !

Thought of another absolute Best Place to go experience 7 days and nights -- The Ritz-Carlton, Cancun, Mexico !!!!

Oh my goodness ! They treat you like Royalty !!! And they should !!!! Rooms there are last I was there, over $1,500+ a night...
    But what you get - Yeah it is worth it...

The absolute best - Everything - Yes, Everything - Rooms are all expensive marble everywhere, the views facing the Caribbean are built so that you do not see any of the other rooms, and they do not see you... Loved it..

The private beach that faces the Caribbean - just perfect.. The beautifully white what looks like sand is not sand at all.. Instead it is tiny pieces of coral, that a certain species of fish bite off and it eventually makes it way to the shoreline... Best part -It is Not Hot to Walk on!
    !! It is Not Sand... Yes !!!

Every night, they bring out the World Class Chefs to the side of their enormous pool, and they make up the most awesome Mexican Food you have ever eaten..

There will always be a wonderful, young man or young girl, dressed in white, with a white towel on their arm, just close enough to you, to not interrupt what you are doing, but at ready to take your order for anything you need..

There are lots of wonderful places to visit outside of Cancun if you want to go, and the nicest Mercedes buses take you there and bring you back..
    And it is not nearly as far as going to Maui again...

Dan F
    Likes dgage, TTBear liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Leather in a Bottle & AIO still get "play" here!

Post Thanks / Like

Oooooooo - we have driven past the Ritz Carlton, and wondered what that might be like.... it sounds AMAAAAAZING!

It is now on our list - if this stupid COVID thing would settle down. We flew home from Puerto Vallarta literally the day before it really hit the fan, and haven`t travelled out of Canada since! We are SO ready!

Thanks for the recommendation Dan!!!!!

Current:

2023 BMW X4M Competition
    2019 BMW M2 Competition
    2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster
    Likes dgage, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
    Oooooooo - we have driven past the Ritz Carlton, and wondered what that might be like.... it sounds AMAAAAAZING!

It is now on our list - if this stupid COVID thing would settle down. We flew home from Puerto Vallarta literally the day before it really hit the fan, and haven`t travelled out of Canada since! We are SO ready!

Thanks for the recommendation Dan!!!!!
    Allan,
    Glad to help !
    I would go to that Ritz-Carlton Cancun Website and get their info and call, etc., them and ask how things are going down there before going..
    Their website is pretty nice and you can see a drone view of the entire place, etc...

One of the activities we did was take a trip to the ancient Mayan site called Tulum. It was a long ride in that Mercedes Bus but it stopped a couple times at little places and we all got off and did a little shopping for local memorabilia things, etc...

Check with the Hotel sometime when you are thinking of doing it, and see what they have going on for off site activities..

Believe they may still have the place where you can go snorkeling in a really cool lagoon, somewhere out there..

One day our Company rented out the entire Hard Rock Cafe Cancun, for 24 hours, everything inside free, and that was absolutely wonderful too..

Dan F
    Likes dgage liked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

ZAIO is a solid product. You could top it with a spray SIO2 product and it would most likely work fine. Z8 over ZAIO should also add to the durability. ZPC Fusion is the best cleaning polish I`ve used. It`s pretty mild but it cleans really well. Z9 and 10 are staples but for dry leather, I`ve found Leather Honey works well for softening. Leather Honey conditioner is sticky so I use Z9 leather spray for removal.

Thread Information