Post Thanks / Like

So, I might have something new...time for suggestions!

As of last night I started the process of putting something new in the driveway to replace my current vehicle. If all goes well, I should have it sitting in my driveway next week, and I`ll be able to share in a couple weeks after I return from an unrelated trip.

With something new I`m thinking of trying out products I`ve never used before, and that is where you all come in! I need suggestions/thoughts in two areas.

1. LSP. The car will be a bright blue pearl, so I`m thinking something more reflective than deep/glossy. The car will be driven across 3.5 seasons, so I still have to factor in going through long periods of cold weather when the vehicle will need protection, but I can`t re-do or boost the LSP. I also don`t really want to spend a "fortune" on something like 22PLE, Kamikaze, or Polish Angle.
    - NV Nova Jet and Luster?
    - One of the new Gyeon Evo coatings? I always like the look/performance of CanCoat, but not the application. I also couldn`t use up a can before it went bad.
    - Something else? It`s a big world out there and I know I really don`t have the visibility into some of the "gems"

2. Interior. The seats will be covered in an alcantera-like material. What should I use to keep them clean? I know Sonax has a cleaner and brush that look pretty nice, but open to options. Any type of Scotch-Guard product to "protect" the seats in a pre-emptive strike?

Thanks all. Hit me with what you got. I`ve got at least a couple months to read and over-analyze your suggestions until the weather improves. In the meantime I`ll just give it a quick waterless wash and a layer of Griots 3 in 1 to get me through the rest fo the winter.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

Post Thanks / Like

Re: So, I might have something new...time for suggestions!

My recommendation is to talk to Mike (The Guz) for a coating. Then buy whatever he suggests.

Barring that, maybe look at the Poorboy’s Ceramic Coating as it is supposed to have good gloss and water beading while being easy to use though I haven’t used it myself.
    Likes craigdt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Desertnate View Post

1. LSP. The car will be a bright blue pearl, so I`m thinking something more reflective than deep/glossy. The car will be driven across 3.5 seasons, so I still have to factor in going through long periods of cold weather when the vehicle will need protection, but I can`t re-do or boost the LSP. I also don`t really want to spend a "fortune" on something like 22PLE, Kamikaze, or Polish Angle.
    - NV Nova Jet and Luster?
    - One of the new Gyeon Evo coatings? I always like the look/performance of CanCoat, but not the application. I also couldn`t use up a can before it went bad.
    - Something else? It`s a big world out there and I know I really don`t have the visibility into some of the "gems"
    22ple often goes on 25% off so it really is not a "fortune". You would just have to wait for a flash sale or a dedicated 22ple sale.

CanCoat can be applied multiple ways. You can use it on every single surface if you want to use more of it (paint, trim, wheels, glass just not the front). You could even do two layers. Or use it on another vehicle.

With that said there are many coatings that perform very well. Cquartz, Gyeon Evo, 22ple are all good options. Keep in mind that supply chain issues have caused coating prices to go up.

Poorboys was brought up and it is easy to apply. Super slick as well. Can`t help you on longevity as I am testing it myself.

You are going to want to maintain the coatings performance as they will take a big hit in harsh weather.
    Competition Ready Team 1929 Bentley
    1999 Silvermist Metallic Pontiac Grand Prix GT
    2002 Arctic White Chevy Camaro SS
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks.

I`ve been using CQuartz UK on everything for years now. It`s a great performing coating, but deep down I`ll admit the looks don`t wow me like CanCoat did. I just had repeated struggles with getting a good application and I hate the spray bottle. CQUK will make me think, "that looks really good", while CanCoat (or CanCoat with Cure) I remember making think, "Wow". For a work horse vehicle like my wife`s or other family members who are only looking for a great protective coating, I`ll still turn to CQuartz every time. It`s the safe, good, known option for me at this point. This upcoming car is a little more special, so I thought I`d branch out and experiment with something else.

Your review of Gyeon Pure EVO really caught my attention, but I`m open to other potential "dark horses" anyone can recommend. As for the 22PLE, I`ve got time, so I might keep an eye out for a sale. However, if I`m just as good with Pure EVO or something else at a lower cost, that`s not a bad thing either.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog
    Likes dgage liked this post

Thread Information