Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Christmas Wish from Captain Obvious: KEEP THIS AUTOPIA FORUM ALIVE and GOING

Quote Originally Posted by 981 Cayman S View Post
    Autogeek always seemed to have more support/active involvement from the `Mother Company`, notably Mike Phillips frequent participation. ...
    Mike Phillips has since moved on, haven`t seen anyone from AG step in to post with any frequency in his place.

For myself and my limited participation here, it`s largely been a lack of time to dedicate to detailing at this time in life. Without feeling like I`m well in practice, I don`t feel as qualified to weigh in on a lot of the conversation.

I`ve been guilty of posting more off topic posts than detailing related lately. I really value the opinions of the members here as I feel if folks are detailing at an Autopian level, then they`re likely to be particular about many other aspects of their life as well.

The other factor that comes into play is that most of my forum viewing takes place during the "in-betweens" in life, whether that`s a quick check on my work computer during the day or on my phone at home. Most of the time if I chime in on something, I`d like to contribute more than a simple "Yup" or "Nope", and I`d rather reply on a real keyboard either on my iPad or on my work computer (most often during lunch like right now).
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: A Christmas Wish from Captain Obvious: KEEP THIS AUTOPIA FORUM ALIVE and GOING

You know I ask a lot of "Captain Obvious" questions; those questions that are repetitious in nature (IE, asked a thousand time before) or just the nosy, "what-does-that-have-to do-with-the-subject-at-hand" or just plain "dumb" (IE, the answer SHOULD be obvious).
    I do so because if I have concerns about a topic being discussed, I am sure some other Autopian may be thinking the same concern, but that Autopian just doesn`t want to ask because it makes them seem "detailing illiterate/challenged" (AKA, dumb).
    I ask questions to learn and , yes, I am a little more on the personal-side because, well, that`s just the way I am (AKA, nosy).
    My attempt is to create a little more interpersonal conversation, something that may not always come across as "socially acceptable". Sorry if I offend anyone. (Yes, Captain Obvious, you are a typing text "character", pun intended!)
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Oneheadlite View Post
    .. I feel if folks are detailing at an Autopian level, then they`re likely to be particular about many other aspects of their life as well...
    ..The other factor that comes into play is that most of my forum viewing takes place during the "in-betweens" in life...
    Once again, both of the above could have come from Yours Truly

And no, I`m not spending as much time here lately, but...[sigh]...posting, like Detailing itself, isn`t one of life`s essentials and sometimes those are more than enough all by themselves.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Silly Rabbit View Post
    Curious as to why there is slightly less movement here vs sister site Autogeek? While all forums are lagging, these 2 sites are very similar, even alot of same members. But the other site has more activity. Wonder the difference?
    To me, Autopia is not as well known as Autogeek. I didn`t know about Autopia until after joining AGO. Then I tried to sign up for this forum and never got an email that my account was approved. Much later after trying to sign up, I tried to log in and it worked. I`m not the only person that this happened to. If you`re not bringing in new blood, things will slow down.
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread Information