Post Thanks / Like

Best UVA/UVB protection for paint or topping Expel?

Hey guys,

Just curious if you know what product is outstanding for great protection in the Florida sun? I have a metallic black Defender 90 with a full Xpel Ultimate PPF front end. Is there anything that gives great fade protection for the paint or on top of the Xpel?

Thanks a ton

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Best UVA/UVB protection for paint or topping Expel?

Optimum Car Wax
    Likes Risley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Troy, Can I put Optimum on top of Xpel Ultimate PPF ?

Post Thanks / Like

Absolutely. It is simply a spray wax with the UVA/UVB protection you are looking for.

The other option would be to ask your Xpel installer for their recommendations.
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

In my experiences with a lot of vehicles I Detailed, including my own that have ppf on a lot panels, Nothing adheres to ppf very well, and will never adhere as long as it does when applied on paintwork..
    Yes, it will be there for awhile, so you just have to figure out how long that is, and go with whatever maintenance plan you conceive for your needs.

Last I checked at SEMA, all the good ppf people there are making this product much better with more protection built in..

I have ppf (full front end and part of the hood and fenders) on my 2009 Grand Cherokee that is still perfect after 12 years, and thousands of miles of highway trips.. No signs of UV anything; a few little rocks hit it and bounced off..
    Dan F
    Likes dgage, Risley liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Stokdgs. You just sealed it for me that my next new car gets a full PPF treatment along with some bubble wrap.

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Stokdgs;2187920]In my experiences with a lot of vehicles I Detailed, including my own that have ppf on a lot panels, Nothing adheres to ppf very well, and will never adhere as long as it does when applied on paintwork..
    Yes, it will be there for awhile, so you just have to figure out how long that is, and go with whatever maintenance plan you conceive for your needs.

Last I checked at SEMA, all the good ppf people there are making this product much better with more protection built in..

I have ppf (full front end and part of the hood and fenders) on my 2009 Grand Cherokee that is still perfect after 12 years, and thousands of miles of highway trips.. No signs of UV anything; a few little rocks hit it and bounced off..
    Dan F[/QUOTEYes I`ve heard nothing adheres very well to PPF, however.....so far I`m seeing over the counter 303 Graphene doing a good job of lasting, but like many here I am always seeking that "better" product.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Thanks Stokdgs. You just sealed it for me that my next new car gets a full PPF treatment along with some bubble wrap.
    dgage -- ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ That is funny !!!!!!
    Dan F
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

[QUOTE=Risley;2187949]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stokdgs View Post
    In my experiences with a lot of vehicles I Detailed, including my own that have ppf on a lot panels, Nothing adheres to ppf very well, and will never adhere as long as it does when applied on paintwork..

Dan F[/QUOTEYes I`ve heard nothing adheres very well to PPF, however.....so far I`m seeing over the counter 303 Graphene doing a good job of lasting, but like many here I am always seeking that "better" product.
    Risley - That is good if 303 Graphene is doing a good job...
    Like everything, these new products need to be out there, being used and tested for awhile, so we can all see how good their longevity is..
    Dan F

Thread Information