Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Winter Mobile Car Detailing in the Northeast

I am in northeast. Last year I made decision to switch from detailing during winter to offering rust prevention services to the vehicles underside frame, suspension components. I use two products one is fluid film which is lanolin based the other is RP-342 which is cosmoline. The cosmoline product forms a hard wax barrier and does no wash off it is the more stout. The other lanolin is not as stout in protection but never dries it stay in thick film and has ability to creep into area you cannot spray.

I concentrate on large commercial vehicles and fleet.
    send me a pm and I can send you the fliers, printouts how to set up quotes and general information. You do not need special equipment products is in spray cans. I only do trucks, commercial, fleet and large vehicles.

It has help keep me busy during winter. Fluid Film has a cult like following there are definitely shop in Syracuse NY that offer it New York and Mass is largest area where the products are used most.

A lot of mechanic use it in place of anti seize for rotors on the wheel hub, and metal to metal contact areas to prevent rust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    I am in northeast. Last year I made decision to switch from detailing during winter to offering rust prevention services to the vehicles underside frame, suspension components. I use two products one is fluid film which is lanolin based the other is RP-342 which is cosmoline. The cosmoline product forms a hard wax barrier and does no wash off it is the more stout. The other lanolin is not as stout in protection but never dries it stay in thick film and has ability to creep into area you cannot spray.

I concentrate on large commercial vehicles and fleet.
    send me a pm and I can send you the fliers, printouts how to set up quotes and general information. You do not need special equipment products is in spray cans. I only do trucks, commercial, fleet and large vehicles.

It has help keep me busy during winter. Fluid Film has a cult like following there are definitely shop in Syracuse NY that offer it New York and Mass is largest area where the products are used most.

A lot of mechanic use it in place of anti seize for rotors on the wheel hub, and metal to metal contact areas to prevent rust.
    Thanks but I`ll pass. I`ll stick to what I know. I have my regular customers and just got a part time job that pays 15 an hour. I`ll be ok.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Martyk1313 View Post
    If you have nothing useful to say please do me a favor and stop replying to this thread. The purpose of this thread is for me to look for recommendations not opinions on what I should not be doing.

Thanks in advance.

If you have this mindset that you can do mobile detailing and car cleaning in the middle a New York winter, by all means go ahead, try and prove us wrong.
    But PLEASE do not imply that fellow Autopians have nothing useful or meaningful to say about it.
    My fellow Autopians "guidance and admonishments" are an attempt to appeal to your common sense and from their past past experiences that this is not possible or feasible and even if it was, the return on the investment to do so is cost-prohibitive. They are just attempting to save you from some financial grief and frostbite.
    GB detailer
    Likes 981 Cayman S liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    If you have this mindset that you can do mobile detailing and car cleaning in the middle a New York winter, by all means go ahead, try and prove us wrong.
    But PLEASE do not imply that fellow Autopians have nothing useful or meaningful to say about it.
    My fellow Autopians "guidance and admonishments" are an attempt to appeal to your common sense and their past past experiences that this is not possible or feasible and even if it was, the return on the investment to do so is cost-prohibitive. They are just attempting to save you from some financial grief and frostbite.

One other word of advise, DON"T upset the Autopians with your arrogance. You are just hurting yourself for future detailing responses and advice. While I cannot speak for other Autopians, your projected "I-know-more-than-you, you-can`t-tell-me-what-to-do" attitude does not sit well with me, even with years of professional detailing experience. Respect and civility goes a long way in this forum and in life.
    Whatever

Post Thanks / Like

My apologies to Martky1313:
    The reference thread above has a heavy-handed and judgmental character title of "arrogance" in it. It was edited and the entire last paragraph removed AFTER he had already "Reply with Quote" to it, and my too late attempt to remove it was because in realizing my hypocrisy I did not practice my own advice of "respect and civility". I was totally wrong to publicly post that last paragraph.
    Again my humblest and sincere apologies to Markty1313.

(Jeeze, Captain Obvious, you sound like most politicians posting a retraction of your "mis-statements", trying to save face of your own character after smearing someone else`s.
    Or as Abraham Lincoln said many year`s ago, "It is better to be silent and be thought a fool than to open one`s mouth and remove all doubt." )
    GB detailer
    Likes Martyk1313, 981 Cayman S liked this post
    Thanks Martyk1313 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

The more research I do the less I think this is a good idea. The upfront costs are getting up there and even though I have the demand for it, this might not be a good idea after all.

Perhaps I will resume in April and when winter comes I can have a seasonal garage I use in the winter. I really love being mobile. Alternatively I could do both. Mobile and garage.

Thank you everyone for your input!

Post Thanks / Like

So back to my point. How can you turn down 20 hours a day in a warm plow truck at $20-25 an hour. Easy money listening to the radio.
    Likes Martyk1313 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    So back to my point. How can you turn down 20 hours a day in a warm plow truck at $20-25 an hour. Easy money listening to the radio.
    Because I don`t need to. I will be ok working a part time job for 15 an hour. My wife also works and we are in a good place financially.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Martyk1313 View Post
    Because I don`t need to. I will be ok working a part time job for 15 an hour. My wife also works and we are in a good place financially.

Sounds like you have a plan to stay warm!

Post Thanks / Like

Real pros make YouTube video!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information