Post Thanks / Like

What does being Autopian mean to you?

In short:
    Going after the Nth degree of results, pulling no punches, cutting no corners (only cutting, polishing & protecting them) and going all out to achieve unparalleled results by using the most cutting edge products and processes.
    Metro Detroit`s leader in cleaning, preserving & perfecting fine automobiles!
    Likes GearHead_1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: What does being Autopian mean to you?

Certainly viewing a vehicle as more than transportation, taking you from point A to point B. It is an expression of pride of ownership. You gladly own the shiniest car in the lot and going to what others view as crazy lengths to keep it that way doesn`t bother you. You embrace it. You view this community as a place for comrades to come together and discuss the same goals you have for your cars. You value working hard, helping others with their detailing issues, and preserving your possesion.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes GearHead_1, Desertnate, Older, SNP209, Dan liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    Certainly viewing a vehicle as more than transportation, taking you from point A to point B. It is an expression of pride of ownership. You gladly own the shiniest car in the lot and going to what others view as crazy lengths to keep it that way doesn`t bother you. You embrace it. You view this community as a place for comrades to come together and discuss the same goals you have for your cars. You value working hard, helping others with their detailing issues, and preserving your possesion.
    /end thread, mic drop, something

Post Thanks / Like

Yep. This nails it. Well said.

The last two sentences really bring it home for me. The helpful, yet frank and objective advice is vital.
    Drop by to see the latest at The Car Geek Blog

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I use Rain Dance David....does this works? jr
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I still like to think that my fellow Autopians are just as, uhm...Autopian...about every aspect of their lives as they are about Detailing vehicles.

Right?

RIGHT?!?

Post Thanks / Like

I can only speak for myself but I’m pretty anal about everything; especially my possessions. It just runs in the family.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.

Post Thanks / Like

I can only speak for myself but I’m pretty anal about everything; especially my possessions. It just runs in the family.
    Heh heh, that "runs in the family" means "teaching the young `uns the right values" IMO Which is how I was introduced to Detailing: by relatives who took care of all their stuff, including their cars.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by David Fermani View Post
    In short:
    Going after the Nth degree of results, pulling no punches, cutting no corners (only cutting, polishing & protecting them) and going all out to achieve unparalleled results by using the most cutting edge products and processes.
    Dave:
    That`s the EXACT term I use on my homemade "business" cards I give out for my hobby detailing.
    I am an Autopian because of individuals like yourself who have taken the time to post their detailing product reviews, techniques/processes/methodologies, post pics of the vehicles they just detailed, or ask questions about detailing problems or the proverbial "What is the best product for (you pick the detailing task/subject)".

Having been a member here within this forum for many years, there have been a lot of advances in detailing products and equipment over that 19-year time period (Where did the years go?!!). But without this forum I would not know about them or what products are good and which one`s are just so-so. It has save me a lot of angst and trial-and-error or just sticking to out-of-date or no-longer-relevant detailing products or equipment. Good example is how microfibers have replaces my chamois for drying cars or cloth cotton diapers for product wipe-off/removal. That and the Porter-Cable Dual Action Random Orbital buffer that replaced my hand-application. But this forum is STILL my best source of detailing information and how I improve my detailing hobby to make it easier, affordable, and more enjoyable and it`s all because of the members who are Autopians who post their above-mentioned detailing exploits. I know I have said "thanks" many time before in other topic posts, but it still hold true, and my sincere gratitude cannot be understated.

I also have to pay tribute to now-deceased member Ronhk. I miss his Corvette-detailing posts, even though I am not a Chevy or Corvette fan. I also need to say "Thanks" to those of you who were his close friends and lived near him and helped him out when he was physically unable to detail his Corvette. That just tells me what kind of a detailing fraternity Autopians are!
    GB detailer

Thread Information