Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I don’t think a full traditional wash is better than rinseless!

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    But I haven’t seen marring with rinseless. What I’m saying is that I’ve noticed less marring with ONR than I have with traditional methods before that.
    That`s entirely dependent on the paint. Some paint conceals better than others. Some clear is harder than others. I don`t care how you wash, other than maybe a boars hair brush, you`ll get some micromarring. It`s a question of whether you notice or not.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JVD View Post
    I can see this perspective for those who live in different climates.... but my car looks like this 5 months out of the year. I would say rinsing is necessary.

IMG_20190123_075919 by jvd240, on Flickr
    Naw. A good quick detailer will have that cleaned up in no time. . Yes, a hose or pressure rinse would definitely be beneficial but I’d say that is the exception in many locations as opposed to a routine wash.

Post Thanks / Like

Common sense has worked best if there grit u need water pressure by either normal wash with a hose or use the pump up sprayers jet setting and spray off the heavy stuff once the heavy stuff is gone both are the same. I alway mix my waterless mix at least double what they claim. The dirt grit washes are a pia to use a rinseless and it easier to use the hose.

The winter is a different story and I make it work
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Common sense has worked best if there grit u need water pressure by either normal wash with a hose or use the pump up sprayers jet setting and spray off the heavy stuff once the heavy stuff is gone both are the same. I alway mix my waterless mix at least double what they claim. The dirt grit washes are a pia to use a rinseless and it easier to use the hose.

The winter is a different story and I make it work
    I`ve noticed people using RW`s at stronger dilutions on here. How do you use N914 and ech20? I have both and my car will be fully coated soon.

Rinseless to me is tool, Not many things in life are black and white. I really like the method but so far i`ve always jet washed first.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I used about an ounce of ECH20 to two gallons of water (approximately).
    Likes noorth liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by noorth View Post
    I`ve noticed people using RW`s at stronger dilutions on here. How do you use N914 and ech20? I have both and my car will be fully coated soon.

Rinseless to me is tool, Not many things in life are black and white. I really like the method but so far i`ve always jet washed first.
    I use 1.5oz to two gallons for Mckees. As for Ech20 alot of people seem to use it light. CarPro says add 2-3oz to 3 gallons. Not very scientific..... i add .75 oz per gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like

I did a quick rinseless wash last night with McKee’s N-914 and also used .75 oz per gallon and liked it much better as it felt more lubricious and glided smoothly over the paint. That will be my usage going forward.

Post Thanks / Like

Does anyone actually mix there rinseless as directed? I was always too scared seemed like it need more product?
    Likes Cadfael liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Does anyone actually mix there rinseless as directed? I was always too scared seemed like it need more product?
    I’m the rebel that does lol. I know ONR is significantly more streaky if mixed heavy and doesn’t clean any better (if not worse). I haven’t tried Ech2o as rinseless but mixed it on the weak end of waterless for that purpose and it works fine. Finally used the Griot’s BF yesterday. It seemed ok. I used the two glug to two gallon method because the lid is terrible.

Post Thanks / Like

When I started using ONR I was stationed in Kansas. Prespray with ONR solution will take care of a lot of that.
    "Take care of" how exactly?? What do you think ONR does, dissolve dirt? Even if it does soften, add lubrication, or heaven forbid `suspend` (BS) dirt particles, you`re not rinsing them away and unless ONR is some form of miracle forcefield (which it isn`t) this can`t be something that is safer than the 2BM/Multiple mitt method after a good pre-wash?

I`ve recently introduced my Father in Law to waterless and rinseless methods (so I do understand the convenience element, and that circumstances can mean it`s the only option). Is a RW or even WW `safer` than traditional bucket and sponge on a dry panel, there`s a strong argument that they might be... but a pre-rinse plus pre-wash, rinse followed by a traditional bucket and sponge and a final rinse, absolutely no way.
    Likes Stokdgs, Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You say it doesn’t create a force field but it does encapsulate the particles. That and the force of the spray of the bottle can do a lot. Caked on mud or salt is about the only place I’d concede that running water is better.

Post Thanks / Like

Encapsulate means very little without the `forcefield` I mention... as a previous poster stated.. dirt plus pressure = marring.

To your point that the spray of the bottle can do a lot... if it requires a `stream` rather than spray and the nozzle to be pointed pretty close to dislodge dirt surely that`s going to add considerable time (and product) to spray every square centimetre of the lower panels? In my experience you`ll need a more concentrated flow of water to dislodge actual dirt... and you know what gives a great concentrated flow of water - a pressure washer... the manufacturers of some of these products make some of the most outrageous claims present in detailing.

Those who think pre-washes aren`t a more effective and safer way to remove dirt should try Bilt Hamber and report back - doesn`t mean that WW/RWs aren`t quicker or more useful or the only option in certain circumstances.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Has anyone seen scientific proof of encapsulation of dirt particles??
    Would love to read up on that..

Washed hundreds of vehicles just in my Detailing Business, and I always pressure wash the heck out of them first, including the engine and compartment, underhood, (careful with the insulation if there), underbody, everything, and I have yet to find any other process that will give me a "clean slate" as good as this..
    It really helps speed up the next wash with a good soap, a good, long strand, soft, chenille mitt, and careful back and forth motions over the entire vehicle with lots of water rinsing as I go..
    The more dirt, mold, little trees growing in the trunk jambs and above the windows I knock off quickly, the better the rest of the wash will be.

I suppose if your vehicle is not even very dirty and you want to go rinseless, that is great.. I am never doing that, thanks..
    Dan F
    Likes wannafbody, atbalfour liked this post
    Thanks atbalfour thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Don`t forget individual ability. As I "Know Thyself..." quite well, rinseless/waterless would not be in my wheelhouse so to speak. Tried it a few times with the Big Red Sponge, mutiple waterless wash specific towels, ONR, McKees and well...lets just say that my black Subaru did not appreciate my best efforts.

Post Thanks / Like

You say it doesn’t create a force field but it does encapsulate the particles. That and the force of the spray of the bottle can do a lot. Caked on mud or salt is about the only place I’d concede that running water is better.
    Encapsulation, anti-redeposition, suspension of dirt particles is not mutually exclusive to rinseless & waterless wash solutions. Your quality bucket shampoo can do this too. The bigger difference is you can dry your car without leaving a visible soapy "film" behind.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information