Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: I don’t think a full traditional wash is better than rinseless!

I haven`t owned soap in years.

If the vehicle is gross I pre spray with Power Clean 3:1, power wash the daylights out of it, and use a rinseless to finish. At the shop where I work a couple days a week I`ll use Megs Hyper Wash, or Reset, but the owner told me to give him a list of the stuff I use, and to utilize my process there.

I do not see myself ever using traditional soap ever again, well, until I buy or build a tunnel wash - again.

The cars in the family get washed a couple times a week. Usually ONR 256:1. Seems to work better if I slightly under use the concentrate. I currently have Optimum Car Wax on all of them.

It took a long time for me to give rinseless a fair shot. I didn`t want to like it, but ended becoming an integral part of my process.
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I get marring in the winter when it’s on there heavy I trying to not wash a lot in winter. A touch less here or there wash bay but I get some lite swirling when I use the waterless washes. My choice for rinseless is feynlab which is slick, does not get beaded up by a coating and has by a long shot good cleaning power not sure if it’s encapsulating or just break the gunks attachment to the paint I have seen the least amount of swirls using this. 2nd choice is mckees has next best cleaning power but beads up on coated cars when sprayed which I think leads to more swirling 3rd is ONR because I have over 1 gallon and have to use it up.

I got huge streaking problems from ech2O because I mix strong so that was user error.

I like pre rinsing with hose then waterless it’s like a lazy version of car washing who doesn’t like a quickie.
    Likes Britsdaddy, DetailZeus liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

This was a good little thread enjoyed reading some of the comments folks!
    Likes BudgetPlan1, noorth, Stokdgs, DetailZeus liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I think most know I’m a fan of Ammo Frothe and feel it’s the safest way to wash w/o bucket and hose.

That being said Larry shows himself in the Frothe video cleaning some pretty dirty winter cars.

He does this to show how to winter wash.

If you watch some of his other video’s he absolutely state’s that this is when you can’t bucket wash. He says their is no better wash than using soap and a hose due to the amount of lubricant used and Frothe should not be used as a substitute but when you can’t access a hose.

Mike Phillips has said he doesn’t use rinseless and I’ve only seen him use them and waterless in reviews.

Except when he’s doing a prep wash he’ll do a waterless with Sonax glass cleaner.

If they were better then I believe these two pro’s would use rinseless/waterless instead and they don’t.

I use due to ease and i do them more often so car is not as dirty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes bob m, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Well one main reason Mike Phillips does waterless is because he doesn’t want to flood older vehicles with water that could exacerbate or contribute to rusting.
    Likes Older liked this post
    Thanks Older thanked for this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Well one main reason Mike Phillips does waterless is because he doesn’t want to flood older vehicles with water that could exacerbate or contribute to rusting.
    He also does that because he`s going to do a polishing session afterward. He isn`t doing maintenance washes very often.
    Likes Oneheadlite liked this post
    Thanks Desertnate thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

That’s sand. Not touching that with anything until it’s rinsed off with lots of water. There isn’t a polymer in the world that is going to wrap up those nuggets.
    Thanks Stokdgs, bob m, Older thanked for this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

I live on a road where they put gravel down in the winter. Each car going down the road grinds it up into fine abrasive dust that lands on the cars. I trust a hose wash over a rinseless until they clean the road.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by William_Wallace View Post
    Does anyone actually mix there rinseless as directed? I was always too scared seemed like it need more product?
    I missed this previously....

Yeah, *kinda* do it as-directed: I mix my IUDJ at the specified QD-strength. BUT...I use it that way for everything, so maybe I`m "overdoing" the mix same as you...but better safe than sorry, huh?

Post Thanks / Like

I`m not "fluent" in rinseless washing. I gave it a whirl when optimum first came out with ONR. I like the product and keep it on hand for cleaning door jams, bird poo, clay lube, but I find doing a whole wash with it is more effort for me than an old fashion bucket/soap wash. I guess I haven`t perfected the procedure enough to stick with it. Plus my driveway is a long gravel road, so I was never comfortable with a rinseless wash on heavily dusted paint.
    Likes Stokdgs, wannafbody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I get marring in the winter when it’s on there heavy I trying to not wash a lot in winter. A touch less here or there wash bay but I get some lite swirling when I use the waterless washes. My choice for rinseless is feynlab which is slick, does not get beaded up by a coating and has by a long shot good cleaning power not sure if it’s encapsulating or just break the gunks attachment to the paint I have seen the least amount of swirls using this. 2nd choice is mckees has next best cleaning power but beads up on coated cars when sprayed which I think leads to more swirling 3rd is ONR because I have over 1 gallon and have to use it up.
    Great point I`m always bothered when a shampoo or rinseless beads up on the paint. If it`s beading it ain`t cleaning.

I like pre rinsing with hose then waterless it’s like a lazy version of car washing who doesn’t like a quickie.
    I saw Larry Kosilla does this too calls it his "quick wash." I think it`s smart.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by danlc95 View Post
    I haven`t owned soap in years.

If the vehicle is gross I pre spray with Power Clean 3:1, power wash the daylights out of it, and use a rinseless to finish. At the shop where I work a couple days a week I`ll use Megs Hyper Wash, or Reset, but the owner told me to give him a list of the stuff I use, and to utilize my process there.

I do not see myself ever using traditional soap ever again, well, until I buy or build a tunnel wash - again.

The cars in the family get washed a couple times a week. Usually ONR 256:1. Seems to work better if I slightly under use the concentrate. I currently have Optimum Car Wax on all of them.

It took a long time for me to give rinseless a fair shot. I didn`t want to like it, but ended becoming an integral part of my process.
    I follow a process similar to this although I will pre spray with ONR if the vehicle is lightly dirty. In the winter, I use more aggressive tactics like Power Clean.

Post Thanks / Like

How do RW users clean their undercarriages?

Sure, I can do them on the Garage Queens (well, the ones that don`t leak much) with a RW..*for a while*..but eventually even those need conventional washing under there. And those aren`t even being driven through Ohio winters...I can`t imagine just RWing the underneath of the winter-time Daily Drivers and even if my mechanics and I didn`t care, they`d be messes (how could I spot any new leaks or an emergent need for service?) and would simply rust out in no time if I let `em go.

Post Thanks / Like

I’d say the rinseless wash is a tool that should be applied like any other tool, for the job at hand. Just because I rinseless wash 95% of the time doesn’t mean I don’t do a couple of “complete” washes a couple times a year for decontamination and other purposes. So that is also when I would clean the undercarriage though I live in TN so not quite as often as would be needed up north. I also might go through a regular tunnel wash to get the bottom sprayed before I do a decon wash. We don’t have any good touchless washes down here so I might use a tunnel wash before I plan to polish and put on a coating.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    How do RW users clean their undercarriages?

Sure, I can do them on the Garage Queens (well, the ones that don`t leak much) with a RW..*for a while*..but eventually even those need conventional washing under there. And those aren`t even being driven through Ohio winters...I can`t imagine just RWing the underneath of the winter-time Daily Drivers and even if my mechanics and I didn`t care, they`d be messes (how could I spot any new leaks or an emergent need for service?) and would simply rust out in no time if I let `em go.
    I never wash the undercarriage. After a heavy rain, I head for the deepest standing water puddles I can find and blast off the underside of whatever I`m driving at the time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information