Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is the art of detailing lost?

I think it`s partly due to changing economics. Covid has really put the brakes on a lot of things.

The other issue is time restraints. It takes time to really detail a vehicle.
    Likes Old Pirate liked this post

AMG Classic Car Detailing Old Pirate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Is the art of detailing lost?

Alot has change over the past 50 yrs when I pickup a rotary. Back then who knew about swirls, foam pads, PC`s, sealants, etc etc....All we did was provide a service to make a car finish looks great for the customer who was starting to get busy with life and didn`t have the time like they did in the 60`s when alot of folks did just a wash and wax and did everything themselves. Then the 80`s came....Clay Bars, sealants, foam pads and machines too. The advancement of products in these past 20 yrs had made the average Joe do his own work as a hobby ( if you call that ) in to taking care of their ride and not having the money to pay someone to do it. This is why we all have these on line stores and local business having so many products to sell to everyone. David is right it`s a Art that`s getting lost because of everyone has gotten into detailing and there are folks in the business that do what the customer wants done. Not everyone can fork out alot of dinero for a perfect / 2-3 step correction and drive a Ferrari or a Bentley. But my hats off to the ones still doing this awesome work and having the time to document it and posting it on the forums for everyone to see the work involved. Wish I can still do this but my right shoulder is not letting me and my heart condition is running on a half tank. BTW would like to say hi to everyone here and please keep the work up everyone on your write up`s and detailing posting for us to see. Hi David and Todd.
    AutopiaForums is the place to be.
    Remember to Shop Autopia-CarCare.com for your Detailing Needs!
    Likes PoisonTheWell liked this post

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information