Thread: Need help

Post Thanks / Like

Need help

My wife’s car has wood grain and aluminum interior trim…like to know what to use to clean both items
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Need help

I`ve been a big fan of using Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax mixed at waterless wash ratio for interior trim. That being said I bet any quick detailer/rinseless/waterless would work just fine.

I`ve used Interior Detailers as well, but the ONR WW wipes clean easier in my experience.

Post Thanks / Like

Whereas I`m using the Interior QDs. But I can see where a RW would work at least as well, if not better, depending on what you`re cleaning off.

If you get some kind of LSP on those surfaces they`ll stay cleaner and clean up easier just like most things.

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

maurofc70 -- What year, make, of vehicle ??

I still like and use Zaino All In One Cleaner Polish Protectant for all Interior Trim that usually goes across the dash and then follows that line across the door panels, etc..
    Like most wood/metal trim in that spot, it sometimes gets these little, light, fingernail scratches, scuffs in it, and this product used gently, always takes them out and leaves the trim looking fabulous... This product has no fillers or oils.. Perhaps a type of very fine polish and a little Zaino..
    Application- Using soft, clean, microfiber, rub a little of product in horizontal lines across the trim, one end to the other. It will dry quickly, then wipe off in horizontal lines.. Will look like new again..
    Used successfully on - All the German, British,and some Italian marques.. And of course all American vehicle makes..
    If you get this for your trim, it only comes in a 16oz bottle, so 1 bottle will last you the rest of your life..
    DanF

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone for your response`s the car is a 2018 Mercedes Suv..... the wood trim is in good shape just want to shine it up...the aluminum does have some white spots on it....can I use an sio2 sealant

Post Thanks / Like

Gotta be just a *LITTLE* bit careful with products like the ZAIO (which I use/like/recommend) due to the abrasives (which are *SO* mild that I gripe about `em not doing *any* correction for me, but I`m still posting this...). Some of the finishes on Interior bits are *VERY* fragile, the clear on my Jag`s wood is a perfect example. You might get away with a tiny bit of abrasion, but not with very much and it can be hard for Autopians to know when to say "when".

On the rare occasions that I bother, I`m still LSPing wood trim with the Zymol Detail/BHMA Wood Wax that I bought back in `85, the same one with the cracked cap that "should`ve gone bad" about 30 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks again for your reply

Thread Information