Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dedicated Car Dryers

Here’s what I use a ryobi its 19.99 tool only I have a few tools already so I have a few 4amp batteries. It’s plenty powerful it lasts a while one a charge multiple washes.

I also bring inside car for blowing out hard to reach areas or spot drying.

It has a lock trigger.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Stokdgs, Older liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I think this is the link to Accumulator`s Air Wand review:

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app

See If it works for those on Tapatalk
    I remember it now.

Post Thanks / Like

What I`ve found to prevent water spotting is to first dry the car starting with the vertical surfaces. After the car is "dry" I blow out the mirrors, emblems, grill and lug nuts then come back and dry those areas again.
    People who say "drying the car using a drying towel" causes marring is overrated imo. If your having this problem you must have tar stuck in your towel

Post Thanks / Like

Yea agree with the comments get off what ya can with forced air then finish with a towel
    Likes GearHead_1, Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    People who say "drying the car using a drying towel" causes marring is overrated imo. If your having this problem you must have tar stuck in your towel
    Try drying a car on a breezy Spring or Fall day at a house w a heavily wooded lot. Mother Nature can be a cruel mistress Dedicated Car Dryers
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Try drying a car on a breezy Spring or Fall day at a house w a heavily wooded lot. Mother Nature can be a cruel mistress Dedicated Car Dryers
    Water spotting isn`t as big of an issue during the spring or fall especially when you have shade.
    How would you dry a car in direct sunlight on a +90° day?

Post Thanks / Like

Water spotting isn`t as big of an issue during the spring or fall especially when you have shade.
    How would you dry a car in direct sunlight on a +90° day?
    It`s not a water spotting issue in Spring, Fall but rather `nature debris` falling as oaks, maples shed their seasonal `stuff` while trying to dry. Constantly picking stuff outta towels, off of paint while trying to dry. Air drying eliminates that irritating circumstance.

As for washing in direct sunlight, I avoid it. With all the trees, 8am to 10am in Spring/Summer and after 4pm are when the sun is behind the trees, offering driveway shade. Times shift a bit as sun changes position as seasons change but I`ll never be washing at high noon on a sunny Summer day.
    Likes Stokdgs, William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

It`s not a water spotting issue in Spring, Fall but rather `nature debris` falling as oaks, maples shed their seasonal `stuff` while trying to dry. Constantly picking stuff outta towels, off of paint while trying to dry. Air drying eliminates that irritating circumstance.

As for washing in direct sunlight, I avoid it. With all the trees, 8am to 10am in Spring/Summer and after 4pm are when the sun is behind the trees, offering driveway shade. Times shift a bit as sun changes position as seasons change but I`ll never be washing at high noon on a sunny Summer day.
    I dry with a leaf blower when possible. During the summer, in the heat of the day it`s not possible without encountering water spots.

8-10 or after 4. That made me chuckle. I forget this site no longer caters to detailers.

Post Thanks / Like

I have an older Toro electric leaf blower, but it`s so very loud. That`s why I got the dedicated car dryers.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I forget this site no longer caters to detailers.
    But I spent over $100 w a vendor at one weekend sale and they sent me free shirt that said `Detailer` on it; that doesn`t get me in the club?

I think if you`re focused on labels such as `detailer` you`d be better served to make a distinction between Professional Detailer and Hobbyist Detailer, with the real difference being Professional merely denoting monetary compensation for a job. If you`re implying that the distinction is quality of work, you`d be hard pressed to find a `Professional Detailer` whose quality of work exceeds that of some of the `Hobbyists` who frequent this forum (and I certainly don`t include myself in that upper echelon of Hobbyists).
    Likes dwaleke, bob m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

.. you`d be hard pressed to find a `Professional Detailer` whose quality of work exceeds that of some of the `Hobbyists` who frequent this forum (and I certainly don`t include myself in that upper echelon of Hobbyists).
    Noting that my Concours-crazy pals use Pros who win `em lots of trophies, if I could find a remotely decent Pro in my area I`d gladly turn this whole Detailing thing over to him.

LOTS of amateurs, in lots of fields, can outperform Professionals a dozen times over.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, bob m liked this post

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information