Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 41 of 41
  1. #31
    William_Wallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    690
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dedicated Car Dryers

    Here’s what I use a ryobi its 19.99 tool only I have a few tools already so I have a few 4amp batteries. It’s plenty powerful it lasts a while one a charge multiple washes.

    I also bring inside car for blowing out hard to reach areas or spot drying.

    It has a lock trigger.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Likes Stokdgs, Older liked this post

  2. #32
    Older's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    359
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dedicated Car Dryers

    Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I think this is the link to Accumulator`s Air Wand review:

    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app


    See If it works for those on Tapatalk
    I remember it now.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dedicated Car Dryers

    What I`ve found to prevent water spotting is to first dry the car starting with the vertical surfaces. After the car is "dry" I blow out the mirrors, emblems, grill and lug nuts then come back and dry those areas again.
    People who say "drying the car using a drying towel" causes marring is overrated imo. If your having this problem you must have tar stuck in your towel

  4. #34
    William_Wallace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    690
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dedicated Car Dryers

    Yea agree with the comments get off what ya can with forced air then finish with a towel
    Likes GearHead_1, Stokdgs liked this post

  5. #35
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dedicated Car Dryers

    Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    People who say "drying the car using a drying towel" causes marring is overrated imo. If your having this problem you must have tar stuck in your towel
    Try drying a car on a breezy Spring or Fall day at a house w a heavily wooded lot. Mother Nature can be a cruel mistress
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

  6. #36

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dedicated Car Dryers

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    Try drying a car on a breezy Spring or Fall day at a house w a heavily wooded lot. Mother Nature can be a cruel mistress
    Water spotting isn`t as big of an issue during the spring or fall especially when you have shade.
    How would you dry a car in direct sunlight on a +90° day?

  7. #37
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dedicated Car Dryers

    Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    Water spotting isn`t as big of an issue during the spring or fall especially when you have shade.
    How would you dry a car in direct sunlight on a +90° day?
    It`s not a water spotting issue in Spring, Fall but rather `nature debris` falling as oaks, maples shed their seasonal `stuff` while trying to dry. Constantly picking stuff outta towels, off of paint while trying to dry. Air drying eliminates that irritating circumstance.

    As for washing in direct sunlight, I avoid it. With all the trees, 8am to 10am in Spring/Summer and after 4pm are when the sun is behind the trees, offering driveway shade. Times shift a bit as sun changes position as seasons change but I`ll never be washing at high noon on a sunny Summer day.
    Likes Stokdgs, William_Wallace liked this post

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dedicated Car Dryers

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    It`s not a water spotting issue in Spring, Fall but rather `nature debris` falling as oaks, maples shed their seasonal `stuff` while trying to dry. Constantly picking stuff outta towels, off of paint while trying to dry. Air drying eliminates that irritating circumstance.

    As for washing in direct sunlight, I avoid it. With all the trees, 8am to 10am in Spring/Summer and after 4pm are when the sun is behind the trees, offering driveway shade. Times shift a bit as sun changes position as seasons change but I`ll never be washing at high noon on a sunny Summer day.
    I dry with a leaf blower when possible. During the summer, in the heat of the day it`s not possible without encountering water spots.

    8-10 or after 4. That made me chuckle. I forget this site no longer caters to detailers.

  9. #39
    bob m's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    345
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dedicated Car Dryers

    I have an older Toro electric leaf blower, but it`s so very loud. That`s why I got the dedicated car dryers.
    Likes William_Wallace liked this post

  10. #40
    BudgetPlan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    2,645
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dedicated Car Dryers

    Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    I forget this site no longer caters to detailers.
    But I spent over $100 w a vendor at one weekend sale and they sent me free shirt that said `Detailer` on it; that doesn`t get me in the club?

    I think if you`re focused on labels such as `detailer` you`d be better served to make a distinction between Professional Detailer and Hobbyist Detailer, with the real difference being Professional merely denoting monetary compensation for a job. If you`re implying that the distinction is quality of work, you`d be hard pressed to find a `Professional Detailer` whose quality of work exceeds that of some of the `Hobbyists` who frequent this forum (and I certainly don`t include myself in that upper echelon of Hobbyists).
    Likes dwaleke, bob m liked this post

  11. #41

    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    86,554
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Dedicated Car Dryers

    Quote Originally Posted by BudgetPlan1 View Post
    .. you`d be hard pressed to find a `Professional Detailer` whose quality of work exceeds that of some of the `Hobbyists` who frequent this forum (and I certainly don`t include myself in that upper echelon of Hobbyists).
    Noting that my Concours-crazy pals use Pros who win `em lots of trophies, if I could find a remotely decent Pro in my area I`d gladly turn this whole Detailing thing over to him.

    LOTS of amateurs, in lots of fields, can outperform Professionals a dozen times over.
    Likes BudgetPlan1, bob m liked this post

 

 
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Metro Air Dryers?
    By Dispatch in forum Detailing Product Reviews
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-02-2013, 08:28 PM
  2. Dedicated Pads?
    By buldog in forum Polishing with a DA Polisher
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-31-2011, 12:26 PM
  3. Dryers - Seperated at Birth?
    By slogans7 in forum Car Detailing
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 05:31 PM
  4. dedicated towels?
    By III in forum Auto Detailing 101
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-06-2005, 10:00 AM
  5. should I use dedicated microfibers?
    By III in forum Car Detailing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-05-2005, 11:32 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •