Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Dedicated Car Dryers

Thanks. I did a search but couldn’t find it available so either I’m not searching well or the Air Wand isn’t available any more.

Post Thanks / Like

I saw it recently. I think I searched "Air Wand" no space between the two words. I also think you have to ask what leaf blower it works with because I think the list they give is obsolete. The site really needs a make over.
    Treat it like it`s the only one in the world.
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Accumulator View Post
    Much as I like my CRS, my vehicles retain so much water, even with all that forced-drying, that I still have to, uhm...Dry The Car...when I use the Deionized Not slamming the approach by any means, just saying that it might not solve *every* Drying-related issue for everybody.
    No argument there.

It just makes it much more relaxing for me, not having to be a whirling dervish trying to beat the water spot demons.

Post Thanks / Like

On my coated car I have no problem using cordless leaf blower.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYPAUZiRER4
    Likes Stokdgs liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bill D View Post
    I saw it recently. I think I searched "Air Wand" no space between the two words. I also think you have to ask what leaf blower it works with because I think the list they give is obsolete. The site really needs a make over.
    Thanks Bill D. The secret search was "airwand leaf blower". I ordered it to attach to my Big Boi Blowr so we`ll see if I have to make any modifications. Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Thanks Bill D. The secret search was "airwand leaf blower". I ordered it to attach to my Big Boi Blowr so we`ll see if I have to make any modifications. Thanks guys.
    I have the same Blower, plus this one from Griot`s https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...hoC5N8QAvD_BwE

I like them both, but it`s also louder than the BB. I`d be curious to see if adding the Airwand would make the BB - or any vac considerably louder.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    I have the same Blower, plus this one from Griot`s https://www.griotsgarage.com/product...hoC5N8QAvD_BwE

I like them both, but it`s also louder than the BB. I`d be curious to see if adding the Airwand would make the BB - or any vac considerably louder.
    That`s a MetroVac Sidekick. Or a Chinese copy. The Q&A on Griot`s page that states it`s made in the USA was from 4 years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Older View Post
    That`s a MetroVac Sidekick. Or a Chinese copy. The Q&A on Griot`s page that states it`s made in the USA was from 4 years ago.

Bought mine several years ago, made in the USA.

Post Thanks / Like

dgage- Glad you were able to find it (without any help from Yours Truly ). Hope you like it as much as I do...just don`t give up on it too quickly since there really is that Learning Curve you gotta climb. And be careful with that "microfiber" strip they put on it for "protection" (scare-quotes definitely intentional!).
    Likes dgage liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use a couple drying towels plus a Stihl SH86BG gas blower that I have for lawn care.
    Way more CFM than a battery/electric blower, but not everyone like a noisy, 2 cycle machine.

Post Thanks / Like

craigdt- Glad your Stihl is working out OK for you. I gather you`re doing this *outside*, right? Even my smallest Stihl blower isn`t something I`d want to run inside the shop.

On the "effective CFM", the probably-only-so-so one that came with my AirWand gets all the water off (of an area the width of the AirWand`s nozzle opening) with one pass...with that on the blower more CFM wouldn`t be of any use, but *without* that I can see how it would make a difference all right!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by craigdt View Post
    I use a couple drying towels plus a Stihl SH86BG gas blower that I have for lawn care.
    Way more CFM than a battery/electric blower, but not everyone like a noisy, 2 cycle machine.
    I thought I had read a few years ago that using a 2 cycle blower could blow small particles of oil or gas on the car.. is this not true I guess?

NorCal.. Avatar = Swan Lake, Hallstatt, Austria
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jem7sk View Post
    I thought I had read a few years ago that using a 2 cycle blower could blow small particles of oil or gas on the car.. is this not true I guess?
    I have never saw my former 2-cycle gas blower blow any particles on vehicles..
    Perhaps if one is using an old worn out one, and have the mix way too high on the oil vs gasoline side, you may get something out the exhaust..
    Dan F
    Likes jem7sk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dgage View Post
    Ordered on 5/29 (Sat) and received the Air Wand on 6/1 (Tue) with Monday being a holiday in the US. That was quick! Seems to be a quality product but haven`t checked to see how well it fits the Big Boi Blowr Pro hose yet.

Post Thanks / Like

dgage- How is the build-quality on yours? The mismatched seams/etc. on mine would literally cut my hands without the measures I had to take, and the nozzle would detach from the hose when least expected (allowing it to flail around...talk about High Drama!).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information