Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Why use AIO if it doesn`t last long?

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    6 months might be stretching it a bit and definitely not for a car that gets washed once a week.

It`s been 2-3 years since I noticed a difference in how hd speed was performing. I have no idea if any adjustments were actually made, but I do recall not being very impressed initially.
    A large section of my customer base have their cars polished every month or two with no washing in between, so for this type customer it works very well for us both.
    So your customers who get the polish every month or two, you just use the Speed and a polishing pad on your DA for a quick polish? Do you do anything special for the prep or just wash it? I would assume the HD Speed is still working with no wash in between.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Older View Post
    Last spring, I used Speed , then topped it with 2 coats of FK1000p . It lasted all summer. I then refreshed the FK1000p with 2 coats before winter. It lasted through winter and is still going strong.
    I think this is what I am going to do with my car now that I have topped the Speed with FK100p. Just add another coat every three or so months. Do you wash often, or use any drying aids or spray on toppers?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jem7sk View Post
    I think this is what I am going to do with my car now that I have topped the Speed with FK100p. Just add another coat every three or so months. Do you wash often, or use any drying aids or spray on toppers?
    I usually add the second coat of FK1000p after the next wash.

I`ll wash 2-3 times monthly, with maybe a rinseless wash or two in between.

I haven`t used a drying aid in years. No toppers. That`s become way too time-consuming and too much work.

I`ve been using the Griot`s Surface Wash, then the Griot`s Poly Gloss directly after that. The final rinse is with de-ionized water,(On The Go system) so I don`t have to rush like the Tasmanian Devil trying to dry it before it spots.
    Likes jem7sk, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks jem7sk thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

I usually add the second coat of FK1000p after the next wash.

I`ll wash 2-3 times monthly, with maybe a rinseless wash or two in between.

I haven`t used a drying aid in years. No toppers. That`s become way too time-consuming and too much work.

I`ve been using the Griot`s Surface Wash, then the Griot`s Poly Gloss directly after that. The final rinse is with de-ionized water,(On The Go system) so I don`t have to rush like the Tasmanian Devil trying to dry it before it spots.
    @Older, do you use a foam cannon with the Surface Wash and Poly Gloss?

Post Thanks / Like

@Older, do you use a foam cannon with the Surface Wash and Poly Gloss?
    I use the BOSS cannon. Works perfectly. I just screw on the individual bottles, no mixing.
    Likes jem7sk, Oneheadlite liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Why not just use a spray wax/sealant/ceramic after a aio . For the 15 to 20 minutes it takes it is worth it
    Likes wannafbody, jem7sk, dcjredline liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

One bad wash, or even one bad rain shower is enough to undo the work of a multi-stage correction process and coating install. The maintenance potential of more periodic uses of AIO`s is very attractive for guys that really like to wipe their cars down a lot, or aren`t able to garage the car, or just want to pull the buffer out more often for some fun and more effectively get rid of lighter spotting and marring.
    WaxMode - Product Testing & Reviews
    Likes jem7sk, DetailZeus, dcjredline, danlc95 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I use the BOSS cannon. Works perfectly. I just screw on the individual bottles, no mixing.
    Do you use a wash mitt with either of these foamings?

Post Thanks / Like

Do you use a wash mitt with either of these foamings?
    I usually don`t use a mitt. I`ll use a mitt only if it`s dirty enough where I would normally perform a bucket wash. Then I`ll have a bucket full of water to rinse the mitt.

I never use a mitt with the Poly Gloss. It`s not necessary.
    Likes jem7sk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I usually don`t use a mitt. I`ll use a mitt only if it`s dirty enough where I would normally perform a bucket wash. Then I`ll have a bucket full of water to rinse the mitt.

I never use a mitt with the Poly Gloss. It`s not necessary.
    That Poly Gloss sounds similar to CarPro`s Hydro2Foam but without the fear of it hardening on the surface. I may have to give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Loach View Post
    One bad wash, or even one bad rain shower is enough to undo the work of a multi-stage correction process and coating install. The maintenance potential of more periodic uses of AIO`s is very attractive for guys that really like to wipe their cars down a lot, or aren`t able to garage the car, or just want to pull the buffer out more often for some fun and more effectively get rid of lighter spotting and marring.
    This. Or a poorly placed sprinkler, someone’s coat in a tight parking job, or a hack pothole fix on the street. Sometimes it’s not what you’re doing but what you can’t control.
    Likes jem7sk, dcjredline liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

As to which AIO to use, here`s a link to the thread discussion on this subject:
    Suggestions for an One-Step Wax/Cleaner Wax

Consensus in the above thread: Blackfire`s One Step, Meg`s Detailer D166 Ultra Polishing Wax, or HD Speed, AND the new Dr.Beasley`s Z1 for those who prefer the "Cliff Notes" version.
    Me, I`ve used Klasse All-In-One, but the above linked thread was to find alternatives to it.

Speaking of Klasse AIO, here`s another thread link on this product:
    AIO`s - is Klasse still a player?
    GB detailer
    Likes jem7sk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

I found another thread debating the durability of HD Speed and some guys had mentioned that you should leave it on after you are done polishing an area until you are done with the car, then wipe it off. They said it lasted longer doing it that way. They also mentioned it having Poxy wax in it. I`ll have to do a little test with the wife`s car and try it that way. I`ve always wiped it off after doing the area.

Post Thanks / Like

Note that *KLASSE* AIO is functionally non-abrasive on Autopaint, the minimal cleaning it does (it will *NOT* remove polishing oils and seldom strips existing LSPs effectively) is done via chemical action and, I suppose, a bit of friction from the application removal. That can matter on thin paint; don`t thin it *more* unless you have to!

It does leave a nice slick surface, and subsequent LSPs go on/off nice and easy with KAIO there as a base.

THOUGH, I generally use Zaino`s AIO as the tiny bit of cut (far less than others seem to experience) or something else (especially dusty old Autoglym SRP or my old 1Z products) instead.

And no, applying my LSPs over top of KAIO doesn`t compromise their durability compared to applying to bare paint. Not at all.
    Likes Older, jem7sk liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

If you are looking for long term use a coating. There are a multitude of reasons to use an AIO and if you find it too short stop using it.

If you wash the car weekly and top with a spray wax you can get some pretty good life out of an AIO. Everyone has different needs/wants.
    Don

1989 Formula 350
    2004 Saturn Ion Quadcoupe
    Likes jem7sk, Stokdgs liked this post
    Thanks Stokdgs thanked for this post

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information