Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Post Thanks / Like

Recommended ceramic spray??

I have searched a bit here and there. Sounds like turtle wax ie a good option, which happens to be what I used on my dads f-150 and cx-5. We applied some to the front end it my black 2021 Jeep Wrangler and it seems like it may need another coat. Are there better options out there that don’t cost a fortune?

I live in southern oregon. The weather isn’t too harsh in the winter, however, the summers can get pretty hot. The Jeep is not garaged and us a daily driver.

I also use meguiars deep crystal car wash, if that makes a difference.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Recommended ceramic spray??

Kap, welcome to the forums!! I think this is going to be one of these categories where you may end up sampling some different products to see which works best for you in your environment. Some of these products won`t hold up more than a couple months, one must temper their expectations

I just bought the Griot`s product ($19 at Advance Auto Parts) and it`s supposed to be pretty good. I have not tried it yet.

I was listening to one of the detailing podcasts today and he mentioned something called "The Last Coat", which seemed to be his preferred product, but with a much higher price point.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

After going through a lot of back and forth when thinking about what I was going to put on my son’s car when he leaves for college, I also got the Griot’s 3in1 ceramic. It looked really good in a ScottHD video after being on a panel for 7 months. Haven’t put it on yet but that’s the way I went.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tom p. View Post
    Kap, welcome to the forums!! I think this is going to be one of these categories where you may end up sampling some different products to see which works best for you in your environment. Some of these products won`t hold up more than a couple months, one must temper their expectations

I just bought the Griot`s product ($19 at Advance Auto Parts) and it`s supposed to be pretty good. I have not tried it yet.

I was listening to one of the detailing podcasts today and he mentioned something called "The Last Coat", which seemed to be his preferred product, but with a much higher price point.
    Thank You for the response. Seems like some great people on here. Very welcoming.

I hate using my dads stuff, even though he is eager to help. It was actually his idea to help wash the Jeep for the first time since I bought it and use the coating he had.

I think I ended up applying two coats to his 2004 f-150 (white). It really did turn out amazing.

I am wondering if I should just get some more of the turtle wax stuff we already used and apply a second coat (and finish the rear).

Maybe I will try the Griots on one of the rear sections for comparison and see.

Thanks for the info again.

Post Thanks / Like

I think try whatever you have on hand. I`ve got a few of the Turtle Wax products and they seem pretty good.

In general, use less of the product than you think you need. People say a single spray onto a towel and wipe the panel, done.
    Cars: bringing people together

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome it’s a good place to comment and share ideas and chat with other OCD type detailers, cleaners and car minded people. There are so many good products out there and they all preform similar best thing to do is work the sales and promotions and time your buys with coupon codes because it gets expensive trying the latest and greatest products.
    Likes CleanIt liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the forum......I`ve used the Griots 3 in 1 Ceramic Spray Wax on multiple vehicles with outstanding results...very impressed with it. Easy to use, durable, affordable and locally available....tough combo to beat.

Post Thanks / Like

For what you’re looking for, I agree with others that Griots 3-1 is going to be hard to beat.
    Likes dwaleke liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Meguiar`s Ultimate Fast Finish is hard to beat. Cheap, easy to apply, lasts a good while and 1 can will do a bunch of vehicles.

Post Thanks / Like

If you decide to stick with the Turtle Wax, get some small microfiber applicators and use those to apply it. A quick spritz onto the applicator and work it into the surface over a small area and wipe it off before it flashes (dries). Both the Ceramic Spray Coating and the Graphene Spray work excellently this way with no streaking or smearing.
    Don M

Proud owner of a 2017
    SUPERCHARGED
    Hyper-Blue Metallic 2LT 6/Manual
    Camaro

Likes tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

You can’t beat the TW stuff for the price, performance, & accessibility. I feel like their Seal N Shine is a bit more durable, but either one goes a long way. I don’t think there is much you can spray out of a bottle that is better at any price. Only LSP I really use anymore.

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

The Griots ceramic gets good reviews and you can find it at Autozone.
    Likes dwaleke, tom p. liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

The TWHS spray coating.
    Then maintain with their wet wax as a drying aid.

This combo i am on 2 years of using, and see no reason to change.
    2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
    www.autiopia.org

Post Thanks / Like

For a spray-and-wipe type product. I`ve had good results with Lithium Ceramic Slam.

Post Thanks / Like

1 Year old Thread Brump.....never having tested/used these ceramic sprays...
    How are you guys treating your apps/mf. Suede I see will be 1 offs.
    For those using a standard MF for applicatio, are you treating your towels and 1-off-throwaway once done ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information