Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Garage Customer Service - Disappointed

This seems to have become a grounds for disagreement between forum members.....healthy debate is one thing, but my concern is that it`s becoming more heated than that. My reason for emailing Griots, and subsequently posting their reply, was to see if I could help out a forum member, and at the same time, have Griots realize that their actions may be impacting more than one (potential) customer. I`m not sure if was able to achieve either of my intentions.
    Likes dwaleke, BudgetPlan1, Vegas1, bob m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    This seems to have become a grounds for disagreement between forum members.....healthy debate is one thing, but my concern is that it`s becoming more heated than that. My reason for emailing Griots, and subsequently posting their reply, was to see if I could help out a forum member, and at the same time, have Griots realize that their actions may be impacting more than one (potential) customer. I`m not sure if was able to achieve either of my intentions.
    I was going to reply to an earlier post, but I think Coatings explained it correctly. I do thank you for taking the lead and IMHO acting very responsibly alerting Griots to an issue that needs to be looked into.

When I was a young teenager, I was working behind the counter in a restaurant. One busy morning a customer mentions to me that the bathrooms are messy. I then told the owner and made some type of remark that the customer was a pia. My boss said "Nope, a messy bathroom is a problem and most people don`t say anything; they simply won`t return. He`s doing us a service by bringing it to our attention." That bit of advice still holds true.

I had my Audi in for a routine service a few years ago and when I got it back I noticed that there were greasy smudges on the steering wheel, dash and door. I politely brought this to the Manager`s attention. He apologized and thanked me for the heads up. Now whether or not he did anything about it, I don`t know, but I felt satisfied that I did the right thing. So did you.
    Likes Oneheadlite, BudgetPlan1 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    This is nothing compared to what Autopia originally was. People that told lies back then got called out without mercy. Of course that was before everyone became 200lb babies that needed safe spaces to recollect themselves before proceeding with life.
    I sure miss that place...
    Dislikes bob m disliked this post

wannafbody
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, people will disagree. There were things posted here in the past that I don`t believe to be true but that isn`t my dog fight. There are always some people who have agendas good or bad. Most of those people are MIA.

Post Thanks / Like

Let`s put it this way: a low initial purchase price for a product is not the only factor in buying from a reseller/distributor/retailer. Customer service and service after the sale matters a a lot. i can say this working in mechanical design with a company I worked as a Computer-Aided Drawing technician contractor for bought pneumatic and robotic equipment from was almost 1-1/2 times the price from a competitor. The engineering supervisor I worked for was called out by the accounting CFO and was sternly reprimanded for doing so. Little did the CFO realize that the engineering department got FREE advise and troubleshooting from the pneumatic/robotic distributor that other competitors charge for by the hour, usually in the $50-75/hour back several years ago. The engineering supervisor saved his company thousands of dollars doing so in using this expertise, not to mention the time-savings in engineering and machine testing to get the machine to the customer on time per the contract.
    "Penny wise and pound foolish" and "Sometimes you get what you pay for" could never ring truer.

I will also ask if anyone else is having problems with the G9 polisher overheating AND if this was brought to the attention of Griot`s Garage.

I ask because of the early electrical cord problems some Autopians reported, which seems to be taken care of.

Also, Autopian All-Star (my assessment) Mike lambert had a "disagreement" with Griot`s Garage, and we will leave it at that. He, rightfully, refuses to comment on it. Just makes me wonder what is happening at and with Griot`s Garage.

By the way, I agree with Griot`s Garage handling of the "billed to/shipped to" address difference. Yes, it is a hassle to settle and straighten out this fiasco by the Original Poster of this thread. But I also think that GG was trying cover their tail and the credit card of their customer. It also reminds me that I need to be proactive and communicate these address differences if need be when making on-line purchases and the reason(s) why to avoid this happening.
    GB detailer
    Likes wannafbody liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

My new G9 is getting pretty hot at the brushes. Over on the other forum I was told it was normal so I haven’t reached out to Griot’s yet.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    My new G9 is getting pretty hot at the brushes. Over on the other forum I was told it was normal so I haven’t reached out to Griot’s yet.
    What gauge electrical cord are you powering it with? Thicker wire = more power = more efficient motor.

Post Thanks / Like

The first time no extension, the second time I’m not sure of the exact gauge but it was comparable to the cord on the machine.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by John U View Post
    What gauge electrical cord are you powering it with? Thicker wire = more power = more efficient motor.
    Excellent point, John U, about the gauge (thickness) of wire in the electrical extension cord used in supplying power to the G9!
    Never even crossed my mind. The thinner the gauge, the more heat it will generate in the 8.5 amp, 1000 watt motor. It`s the amps that are being drawn that cause the heat. It`s akin to exercising and not getting enough air through your lungs, causing you to over-heat. As thin gauged cord (16 or 18 GA) is a restriction to the flow of needed electricity versus a 12 GA cord and if it is a longer cord (50 ft versus a 25 ft), that will only exacerbate the electrical motor heating problem because of the increase in electrical resistance (flow) caused by the longer cord length.

You also bring up a good point about electrical service in most residential garages or homes that the electrical outlet is USUALLY a 15-amp service. If you are going to run multiple high-amperage draw electrical devices ,say a Metro vac and a bigger buffing machine when you and a friend are working on a vehicle simultaneously, you may find yourself tripping the breaker in the electrical distribution panel box (AKA fuse box). OR as I have done, tripped the Ground-Fault Interrupter (GFI) switch on the outlet now required by local building codes in many municipalities when I accidentally left the power switch "ON" on a power tool and pulled it in. It would be wise to consider wiring a garage or work area with 20 amp service.
    GB detailer

Post Thanks / Like

Did you call their CS.

I’m sure they will act very concerned. Then they will ask for pictures of your electrical outlet, the type of paint your working on and the polish you are using. It will be the fault of one of those unless of course it is a griots polish. If you persist they will suggest you try an outlet in a different hemisphere and see if that helps.

Next they will most likely as for your body temperature to be sure your not overheating their machine. Then they will ask you to send it back at your expense and find the receipt and ask the place you purchased it. Once you chase that all down they will tell you to go to the seller if it was not a direct purchase. If it was direct they will most likely want more pictures of the unit and electrical Pannel with the cover removed and the name of the local electrical company.

They will be so empathetic you might actually be tricked into thinking they will make this right. Don’t hold your breath just learn from it. The next time buy a Rupes or flex next time.

Been burned 2x. They won’t get me 3x !

Quote Originally Posted by Cadfael View Post
    The first time no extension, the second time I’m not sure of the exact gauge but it was comparable to the cord on the machine.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information