Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Griots Garage Customer Service - Disappointed

Quote Originally Posted by wannafbody View Post
    You`d think with proof of purchase, they`d pay shipping regardless of where it`s bought.
    Less margin for them when you buy it somewhere else. That reseller might even sell it for less than you`d pay direct.

If you pay full price direct it should come with some perks. Seems reasonable to me.
    Likes John U liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dwaleke View Post
    Less margin for them when you buy it somewhere else. That reseller might even sell it for less than you`d pay direct.

If you pay full price direct it should come with some perks. Seems reasonable to me.
    Well said and 100% correct.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bob m View Post
    Thank you for emailing Griot`s and posting their reply. As mentioned earlier, I posted a negative review on their site about a pair of wheel wash mitts and it was this lady, Julie who emailed me and asked if I wanted credit or a refund for the product.
    When I had my business and there was a different billing and shipping address I had to do further investigation and verification; if I didn`t and the card proved to be stolen, I was on the hook from the credit card company for that transaction. It`s a shame that not all employees are courteous and helpful 100% of the time and I hope your email will generate a good talking to from the Management team at Griot`s.

I think that 180 return for any reason and lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects is more than fair as is their return shipping policy. And the fact that they don`t simply refurbish your machine,they give you a new one is IMHO outstanding.
    There was a time when different vendors and/or manufacturers had representatives on this, and other forums. Lately, I do not remember seeing any reps here....that`s why I reached out to Griots. I`ve always said that their customer service was top shelf, and I really wanted to see what they would say if they read this thread.
    Likes bob m liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

We catch many fraudulent attempts at orders. They are almost 100% large, first time orders with billing address that doesn`t match the shipping.
    So, they are confirming that it`s ok to treat first time customers who make "large" orders as scammers if they want to ship to a different billing address? The funny thing is that Griots is allowing "customer experience" reps to make this call. Maybe that kind of responsibility should be reserved for someone who is more qualified to judge?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by briarpatch View Post
    I forwarded a link to this thread to Griots Customer Service....here is their reply:

I really appreciate this.
    I read through some of it and will forward it to our Social Media manager. While I can`t refute a customer`s claim of tone of voice that they may not have liked, I am one of about just nine reps. We catch many fraudulent attempts at orders. They are almost 100% large, first time orders with billing address that doesn`t match the shipping.

And nothing has changed with our warranty...it`s 180 days returns for any reason, and a Lifetime guarantee against manufacturer defect. We pay for the return shipping label if they purchased it from us. Not if they purchased it from a reseller. Though sometimes we make exceptions and pay for all the shipping and replacement on a machine someone bought somewhere else.

And we don`t repair/refurbish machines and send them back out. We send out brand new ones.

Richard is most certainly still here running the show! We`re not perfect, but we do certainly try! Again, I appreciate you taking the time to bring this to our attention!

Thank you for taking the time to email us here at Griot`s Garage.
    If you have any additional questions, please feel free to reply to this email or call our Customer Service Department at (800) 345-5789 6:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. PST Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Saturday.

Thank you again for your email and have a great day!

Have fun in your garage!

Julie W.
    Customer Experience Associate
    Griot`s Garage
    (800) 345-5789 Ext. 190
    customerservice@griotsgarage.com

How do you read through "Some of It" ??
    It`s not like the thread is 38 pages!
    If someone is critiquing my company I`m going to read that review frontwards and backwards.
    I notice she didn`t say anything about charging the customer an additional fee for replacing the unit with the new version.
    Put me down as not impressed...
    Likes Curioso, re-tired liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah totally wack that they would have the gall to charge something for a new machine 3-4 years down the line due to defects.

Rupes, Flex, TorqX and porter cable would never think to do that....... oh wait I would just have to buy a complete new one...... at full price...... might get free shipping though. Griots Garage Customer Service - Disappointed

I agree with OP though.... if he feels jaded by way the rep talk to him he has every right to take his business elsewhere. I feel same about TRC. I still buy their towels as I have not found a better replacement just won’t buy directly from them or any other products from them.

Can’t wait to find a better towel....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes bob m liked this post
    Thanks bob m thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by bob m
    We catch many fraudulent attempts at orders. They are almost 100% large, first time orders with billing address that doesn`t match the shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by Curioso View Post
    So, they are confirming that it`s ok to treat first time customers who make "large" orders as scammers if they want to ship to a different billing address? The funny thing is that Griots is allowing "customer experience" reps to make this call. Maybe that kind of responsibility should be reserved for someone who is more qualified to judge?
    Huh? Where did you get that quote? Not from me....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Older View Post
    That`s exactly what I was referring to.

I`ll stick with my Snap-On and SK tools.

Proto and MAC are good, too.
    Nobody`s perfect. My work box is probably 85% Snap On.

Can`t beat the hand tool warranty, but their air and power tools turn into average air and power tool warranty. Back in the day when air ratchets were the norm, I traded away my 1/4 Snap On air ratchet after tiring of sending it in to get rebuilt annually. Got a Mac to replace it, which also wasn`t perfect but was at least easily field serviceable.

Had a 3/8" electric impact that died 1 month before the warranty period expired, sent it out to get repaired. Got it back, and the repaired version lasted even less time and was now out of warranty. Wasn`t going to play that game again - Traded it in on a Milwaukee and have been happy since.

My electric bit driver (which I probably use as much as I use my left hand; I like it enough I bought a second just to have) has needed several repairs as well. If you send it out, they charge you nearly the price of a new one, otherwise individual parts are slightly cheaper. Again - I like it so much I just call it the price of doing business.

Power tools wear. Power tools break. Again - I was one who broke a 4+ year old GG3 and paid $16 to upgrade to the current (much higher spec) G8. In the grand scheme of things I really don`t think that`s out of hand. Like Coatings mentioned - I`ve seen plenty of instances where people had to pay out of pocket to repair machines that had a much higher purchase price.
    Likes Coatings=crack liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Originally Posted by bob m

Huh? Where did you get that quote? Not from me....
    Sorry, must have hit the wrong box. Was trying to reply to Briarpatch. The quote is directly from the customer experience rep.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    How do you read through "Some of It" ??
    It`s not like the thread is 38 pages!
    If someone is critiquing my company I`m going to read that review frontwards and backwards.
    I notice she didn`t say anything about charging the customer an additional fee for replacing the unit with the new version.
    Put me down as not impressed...
    Me neither. Just sounds like someone who is refusing to admit any fault. She boiled down my complaint to "tone of voice", so clearly didn`t read properly.
    Likes bad penny liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for emailing Griot`s and posting their reply. As mentioned earlier, I posted a negative review on their site about a pair of wheel wash mitts and it was this lady, Julie who emailed me and asked if I wanted credit or a refund for the product.
    When I had my business and there was a different billing and shipping address I had to do further investigation and verification; if I didn`t and the card proved to be stolen, I was on the hook from the credit card company for that transaction. It`s a shame that not all employees are courteous and helpful 100% of the time and I hope your email will generate a good talking to from the Management team at Griot`s.

I think that 180 return for any reason and lifetime guarantee against manufacturing defects is more than fair as is their return shipping policy. And the fact that they don`t simply refurbish your machine,they give you a new one is IMHO outstanding.
    I thought you didn`t like people posting emails concerning business matters?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bad penny View Post
    I thought you didn`t like people posting emails concerning business matters?
    Wow, what a vivid imagination you have.
    Likes Coatings=crack, Bobh591 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, what a vivid imagination you have.
    Vivid imagination or good memory?

Here is what you said in another thread earlier today:

"Not 1000% sure of exactly what went down, but my issue in this drama is the fact that private email exchanges were made public w/o consent. Not cool."

Post Thanks / Like

Big difference is Bob’s email was sent to Griots to address an issue with link to this thread.

Even if Bob had not told them he would post reply to thread one could reasonably assume that their reply would be attached to the thread that the email was directly about.

Completely different story when conducting business and it was conducting business as UndrDog (assumed company) listed in emails were engaging.

They couldn’t afford or didn’t see value in a Pan review and exchanges got to far. Weather whoever was wrong you don’t put a mans earnings on blast.

Dislikes re-tired, bad penny disliked this post

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Coatings=crack View Post
    you don’t put a mans earnings on blast.

I normally agree with all of your posts
    Not this one though

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information